Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 6:36 PM
Default Portrait Studio Business
Im thinking Im going to have Lilith start a portrait studio. My idea is to use poseboxes and a modded camera for sims to take pictures and sell them to playable families (who will use the checkbook to pay for them). I have no poseboxes, and I also have a couple of questions.

1. Will sims posed with a posebox stay in the pose in live mode? I need them to in order to have Lilith take their pictures.

2. Can you guys please link me to some good poseboxes? In particular, I need family poses the most. Poses for babies, toddlers, children and pregnancy. I know MTS has some poseboxes, but I didn't see any like that and I'm not too familiar with searching the Tumblr sites. So, any linkage would be great.

They should use The Sims 2 in psychology....it could work wonders.
Advertisement
Link Ninja
#2 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 7:25 PM
Here are some of the creators that I know make some great poseboxes that I use, you can probably google them and find links to whatever you need but I've linked to their pages:

Klira @ sims2city - she has all sorts of family poseboxes, daddy and daughter and mommy and daughter and couples etc.
Lesio & Martini @ MyBSims - they do great work but this site you will need to register and it is in Spanish so make liberal use of Chrome's translate feature
Illary & Alice @ Boutique Imaginary - she does some great work of cutesey couples ones, there could be family ones too
Ersel @ Ersch Sims tumblr - you'll have to scrawl through their sims 2 downloads to find the poseboxes but they have some good ones.
Trinity @ Trinity Fashion Shop - she does some great work too though I think she now charges for SOME poseboxes but plenty of free ones
Ang - you'll have google fu this one, they are retired and their poseboxes lie in a zip somewhere on the net and some are NSFW but there's a trove of useful ones.
Digital Angels - has some broody ones if you want an emo photoshoot

Garden of Shadows posebox list - could be a lot of broken links but some might work.
Sims Wiki Posebox directory - Same thing, old, probably full of broken links but it could lead you to investigate or a WCIF for something you like.

If you want to search tumblr look up tags like 'ts2 posebox' or 'sims 2 posebox'

As for your first question. Sims will eventually snap out of their poses if you stay too long in live mode. The freezer clock is helpful to well...freeze...the sim in a specific postiion but the download as is will only work with sims on your lot, not ones made selectable by a mod that are 'visting'. You can change those settings on the freezer clock in SimPE if you know how to do that, if you don't I have a tutorial. Let me know.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 7:51 PM
Thank you so much! I looked through those and found a TON of poses that I love. I think there might be a downloading spree later. The ones by Trinity are really nice, but she charges for most of the family ones (thats unfortunate, because those are great). Still, I found a bunch that are awesome. Thank you so much for the links.

Mad Poster
#4 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 7:52 PM
This mod, by Cindy Sim, is great one-it allows you to make money from portrait painting, and they come out pretty good!

Paint me like one of your Renaissance girls - Business Easel

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Link Ninja
#5 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 7:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bloodstained_black_lace
Thank you so much! I looked through those and found a TON of poses that I love. I think there might be a downloading spree later. The ones by Trinity are really nice, but she charges for most of the family ones (thats unfortunate, because those are great). Still, I found a bunch that are awesome. Thank you so much for the links.

You're welcome! If you can find it via Google I know Giu has a pregnancy picture postbox out there.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
This mod, by Cindy Sim, is great one-it allows you to make money from portrait painting, and they come out pretty good!

Paint me like one of your Renaissance girls - Business Easel

That's awesome!

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 8:15 PM
This really seems to be a WCIF so I moved it there - you should get more help here.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#8 Old 5th Nov 2017 at 1:13 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 5th Nov 2017 at 12:23 PM.
1: I'm pretty sure the freezer clock can be used if sims are selectable (but not added to the family), so if you have a mod to make sims selectable it should do the trick. I've also added toddlers, infants and pets to the one I've got, so I can pose the whole family (pets and infants must be selectable and controllable).

I also want to recommend the "look at me" hack - it's super useful together with the freezer clock if you want sims to look into the camera or in a particular direction. http://www.modthesims.info/d/268960.
You pose the sim, then click on the sim and choose "look at me", and use the camera (the TAB/free camera is best for this) to position the sim's head. Pause the game, and freeze the sim before you unpause. Most static poses work, and if you time it correctly you may be able to use it with some animations. It takes some trial and failure, but you'll get the hang of it with some practice.

Other things you may find useful are the angled/shiftable OMSPs (and OMSPs in general), white and black walls/floors (and any colored/patterned walls that look good for backgrounds), the screenshot background objects (1, 2, 3, 4, 5), and the 5-degree rotator.
Link Ninja
#9 Old 5th Nov 2017 at 5:14 AM
Sims made selectable using sim blender cannot use the freezer clock, it's greyed out if you try. The reason why is because if you download the freezer clock and open it in simPE, and look in the TTAB section where the actions are, none if them have the 'visitor' box checked. I had to make that edit on the package in order for it work on visiting sims that weren't part of the family.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10 Old 5th Nov 2017 at 1:30 PM
Oh you reminded me Charmful - I did that too and with a large number of poseboxes too.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Link Ninja
#11 Old 5th Nov 2017 at 4:14 PM
Yes, it's now just a habit that any time I download a posebox that I open it in SimPE to make sure visiting Sims can use it and it's enabled for the community lot catalog