Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#76 Old 11th May 2007 at 10:32 PM
I didn't think much into it romy, now you mention it, it makes sense, I quite like the name Romy a lot, I think its great.

The anticipation is always the most exciting in my opinion, keep us updated on Romy please when the time happens

I'm looking forward to the next update, this will be a real surprise for me as the contest ended at chapter 10 :D

Auroraspirit :angel:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#77 Old 11th May 2007 at 10:57 PM
Default Part 2 - Chapter 1 - Catch-Up
Credits: This part of the story takes part in the N99 Hood which can be found here N99 Forums Paks all the houses and community lots are made by those talented builders (I know, I'm lazy!), so many thanks to them.

Part 2 - Chapter 1

It's been nearly a year since Eve was born. And what a year it was. We've moved to a bigger house with room for my design business. We were so excited when we moved in, it was as if we'd proved we were a real family. Mum bought us a new bed and we couldn't help but christen it that first night! Since then between looking after Eve and running the business and home I've hardly had a chance to catch my breath!

Dylan's sister Julie is settled with a great foster family in West Shore so Dylan visits her alot after he's finished at the gym. She doesn't come over here much, now she's a teenager she's much too busy with her friends and boys to come and visit her boring sister-in-law!

Mum's been fantastic, she dotes on Eve and has been a great help to me. I don't know what I would do without her, Dylan's so busy these days he's hardly ever around to help out. Sigh!

Anyway tomorrow is Eve's first birthday, we're having a little party for her at home, just family, well, Julie won't be there as she's going bowling with her friends, and of course I couldn't invite dad and his latest teenage girlfriend, so it'll be a party for 4.

Well, Eve's party turned out to be a party for 3! Mum and I tried hard to make it a fun time for Eve but I could tell by the way mum kept looking at me she was really disappointed in Dylan. I avoided her gaze and forced a smile on my face for Eve's sake.

Dylan had had to work late but when he finally made it home he had some surprising news for us.
"You'll never guess what happened today!" he gushed excitedly.
"What?" I asked.
"Colin Murray from the national gymnastic squad phoned me at work... I've been chosen to train for the Commonwealth Games!"
"Wow! That's fantastic! That's what you've always wanted! I am so pleased for you, all your hard work has paid off!"
He picked me up and carried me upstairs to celebrate.

Next morning his friend, Jack, picked him up early and drove him the the train station for the first of many residential training camps. I was going to be on my own again, not that I wasn't used to it!
"Damn," I thought, "Here's me being selfish and thinking about myself when he gave up the chance to train in China to be with me. Get your act together girl! This is your chance to repay him." and I went upstairs and woke my little princess.

#78 Old 11th May 2007 at 11:19 PM
Eve is adorable! I just want to pinch her little cheeks! I'm glad to see everything's been working out well for them so far! I'm soooo lovin this story!!!
#79 Old 11th May 2007 at 11:54 PM
Wow! You are so quick at updating!
I can't wait for the next part of the story. It's fantastic so far.
#80 Old 12th May 2007 at 12:55 AM
Yay!
Super-mom Lenny! hehe
Dylan better take a day off, though!
Instructor
#81 Old 12th May 2007 at 10:59 AM
Awwww, Eve is so adorable! Wheeee, I am enjoying this :D

Instructor
#82 Old 12th May 2007 at 11:24 AM
Eve is so cuuute! I love the name, too. And Lenny is beautiful. I love this story, great updates!
Scholar
Original Poster
#83 Old 12th May 2007 at 5:13 PM
Thank you everyone, your comments make me want to keep updating

Talking of updates, I've just finished taking the pictures for the final chapter of Part 2! :D
#84 Old 12th May 2007 at 5:41 PM
Romy i'm so glad to see Lenny's story up. I've enjoyed it inmensly. I'm glad Lenny's story is doing so well

You've inspired me to add my Elliot's story as well. I might not be able to write new chapters because I'm out of town at the moment and don't have access to my sims to take more pictures for new chapters, but I think I will just for fun
Scholar
Original Poster
#85 Old 12th May 2007 at 5:44 PM
That's great FireAzor, I don't think many people read them when they were in the contest thread. Look forward to reading it again
Scholar
Original Poster
#86 Old 12th May 2007 at 11:54 PM
Default Part 2 - Chapter 2 - Life Goes On
Chapter 2

So life fell into a routine. During the day I worked, designing outfits, ordering material, meeting customers, I was so busy mum came over most days to help look after Eve. She was getting to be a real handful, into everything, but she always behaved for Granny!

The evenings were the worst. When mum went home and I put Eve to bed the house felt so lonely and empty. I read most nights to fill the empty hours till bedtime. We hadn't had time to celebrate Dylan's news properly before he left for training camp so I decided to have a little party for him when he got back. I had been reading some cookbooks whilst he'd been away so I planned a lovely meal.

Dylan was so excited when he got home, all he could talk about was his trainers and his new routines and the other gymnasts. It was great to see him so animated, but I kept waiting for him to ask how Eve was, or how I'd been. "Oh gosh, there's me being all selfish again!" I thought, "He get's a once in a lifetime chance and I want him to ask me how I am."

I picked up Eve and put her to bed. When I went downstairs mum had gone and I noticed my cheesecake hadn't been eaten. I cut a slice for Dylan and brought it over for him. "Here, try this!" I smiled, "It's homemade."
"What is wrong with you! You know I have to follow a strict diet!" he shouted at me. "It was bad enough that you put all that creamy sauce on the salmon!"
I cringed in surprise. "Keep your voice down, Eve sleeping!"
He pushed the plate at me and stormed off to bed. So I sat and ate my cheesecake alone.

So that's how things are now. Dylan works hard at the gym and goes away once a month to training camp. Even when he's home he's only seems happy when he's working out. I keep telling myself it won't be forever, once the Commonwealth Games are past we'll get back to some kind of normality again, or am I just kidding myself?

Inventor
#87 Old 12th May 2007 at 11:57 PM
Awww, poor Lenny. She's trying really hard to be happy for Dylan and now he's going to be a jerk?! I hope things get better for her.
Instructor
#88 Old 13th May 2007 at 12:46 AM
I think Dylan has been so overindulgent in his life that he dreamed of which is great, intentionally or not, he's put aside the one's he love the most, hoping they work something out and that Dylan realises that the needs to have balance in his life

#89 Old 13th May 2007 at 1:33 AM
Dylan needs to sort out priorities.
Is his diet important? Or his wife's wonderful cooking?
Are his child and the love of his life important? Or his job?
He needs to have some sense knocked into him!
Great update, though
#90 Old 13th May 2007 at 3:11 AM
No Lenny, you're just kidding yourself. I hate when obsessions with careers get in the way of family. Great update!
Instructor
#91 Old 13th May 2007 at 11:01 AM
Poor Lenny... she needs to sit down and talk to Dylan. (Eve is so cute, though!) Great update! :D
Scholar
Original Poster
#92 Old 13th May 2007 at 11:56 AM
:lovestruc Thanks everyone, glad you're still enjoying reading it.

Update: My horse finally had her foal last night, a little filly (girl), she's black and perfect! Unfortunately my mare isn't doing so well, the vet came to her this morning and we're keeping our fingers crossed for her.
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 13th May 2007 at 4:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by romyhorse
:lovestruc Thanks everyone, glad you're still enjoying reading it.

Update: My horse finally had her foal last night, a little filly (girl), she's black and perfect! Unfortunately my mare isn't doing so well, the vet came to her this morning and we're keeping our fingers crossed for her.

omg, i bet the filly is adorable!....keeping my fingers crossed for your mare...hope she pulls through
Instructor
#94 Old 13th May 2007 at 7:20 PM
Aw... I really do hope your horse is okay. But that's great about your foal! She sounds lovely. Has she got a name yet?
Scholar
Original Poster
#95 Old 13th May 2007 at 7:35 PM
Thanks Jenny and Loco I haven't got a name for her yet, I'm not planning on keeping her so I'm trying not to get too attached.
#96 Old 13th May 2007 at 8:51 PM
I'll keep Romy in my prayers! I'm glad she finally had her baby!
#97 Old 14th May 2007 at 2:42 AM
Holy cow! I missed a ton. Everyone is all grown up, and there is a baby.
Silly Dylan needs to stop sticking his head in the clouds and came back down to reality.
Great Update! :D
Instructor
#98 Old 14th May 2007 at 9:04 AM
hhhhm... why I had the terrible feeling he is cheating on her???
For your Romy, hoping she would fell better:

Test Subject
#99 Old 14th May 2007 at 9:14 AM
aw, such a cute story! I love it

#100 Old 14th May 2007 at 5:08 PM
Jenna, I definitely agree with you. How many new facts!
At the beginning, I was really, but really happy for Lenny and Dylan and the doctor saying "Well I'm sure you don't need me to tell you that" was really great, Romy (Ok, maybe the things are a little more rushing than I thought or I hope for my life ).
But now, I think Dylan is really a crap! :flame: :madashel:
How can you behave in a way so, so ... horrible!?
Lenny is so cute (luckily Eve takes all after her mum) and you little b....rd are so ...
Initially she was right: he gave up the first chance to stay with her, so it was right he could get the second.
But Dylan, you aren't the center of universe (it's blondie, but female! ): you are on a diet, OK, but you must be more polite (or the lack of sugar did damages to your brain).

PS: I'm crossing fingers and touching wood for Romy, Romy.
Page 4 of 13