Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
retired moderator
#26 Old 7th May 2007 at 11:06 PM
Great updates, romy Im going to be following this one.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Advertisement
#27 Old 7th May 2007 at 11:09 PM
Lenny + Dylan = Smooooooooochysmoochysmoochy <3
Update again, soon!
#28 Old 7th May 2007 at 11:14 PM
How awesome is that! I'm totally lovin this story, Romy! Dylan seems incredibly sweet. I hope he's a good friend to Lenny. Awesome job!
Scholar
Original Poster
#29 Old 7th May 2007 at 11:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by auroraspirit
Oh my gosh thankyou so much Romy for submitting this story, I feel completed honoured that you are doing so.

Submitting your story was meant to be as A New Chapter Cycle 3 should be released within the next 3 weeks

I was really impressed with your entry Romy and I am loving re-reading your story again

Keep up the great work please I look forward to your 3 created chapters.

Auroraspirit :angel:

Thanks again everyone for your comments, it makes me want to write even more :lovestruc

I'm actually writing the 7th new chapter now Auroraspirit, and there's lots more in my head, so as long as there's people wanting to read it there's lots more to come :D
Field Researcher
#30 Old 8th May 2007 at 1:18 AM
You have a Caitlyn too! I like this story, I'm going to continue reading it.
I love her attitude.
Instructor
#31 Old 8th May 2007 at 9:59 AM
Ok, so you have just found a new reader... and as a reader, I am extremely demanding so... UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE :D
Scholar
Original Poster
#32 Old 8th May 2007 at 10:34 AM
Default Chapter 6 - Old friends
Here's your Update!

Chapter 6

Why is it when you think things are going fine they just turn round and slap you in the face? Yes, I was upset about Dillon but hanging with Dylan really cheered me up and we spent alot of time together down at the pond, and at school. My so-called friends decided to take offence at me having a new friend. This morning I was having a laugh with Dylan outside the lockers and my friends, aka "The Three Witches", came along and started causing trouble.

"Hey Lenny, what you hanging with that loser for, we not good enough for you?" called Caitlin.
"Why can't you guys just be nice?" I asked. "Am I not allowed to have my own friends?"
"Not when they're trailer trash!" shouted Sophie.

I couldn't believe what I had just heard! I grabbed Dylan by the arm and dragged him outside. To my horror they started to follow us.
"Just ignore them!" I said to Dylan. We walked over to the courtyard but they just came with us.
"Look, why can't you just leave us alone." I asked. "We're not doing anything to you!"
"What? Are we not good enough for you?" asked Megan. "I remember when you first came here. You were the biggest klutz in the whole school, if we hadn't taken pity on you, you'd still be Lenny-No-Mates!"
"Yeah," added Sophie, "Do you really think we want to hang out with you, I mean you look like you shop in thrift stores!"
I gasped in horror, how could they be so mean! They were supposed to be my friends!
"Hey Dylan, why don't you come and sit with us? There's a strange smell over there." said Caitlin.

I was shocked as Dylan walked towards them, I thought he was a true friend...
"You know what girls, it smells alot worse over here!" he said and we turned and walked away, leaving them all speechless...
Instructor
#33 Old 8th May 2007 at 10:55 AM
Yes! That is just what I mean for "quick"! Continue in this way and you would win tons of sweeties! Here's one for you:

#34 Old 8th May 2007 at 11:13 AM
Yay! Another update! I'm loving the story! And you update so quick :D
#35 Old 8th May 2007 at 3:00 PM
Yayyayyay!
You tell 'em, Dylan!
Instructor
#36 Old 8th May 2007 at 4:31 PM
Yay, go Dylan! Poot Lenny, though, they're horrible. Oooh, Dylan and Dillon? Hm. Great update, can't wait for more!
Field Researcher
#37 Old 8th May 2007 at 9:32 PM
Oo this is really good. Love the pictures and your writing style. It's somehow funny but serious at the same time. I can't explain but I love it.
#38 Old 9th May 2007 at 1:35 AM
I Love It. Great Update! :d
Test Subject
#39 Old 9th May 2007 at 1:44 AM
ahahaha! go dylan. ugh girls can be awful sometimes. Love the update and lenny is as cute as ever :D
Scholar
Original Poster
#40 Old 9th May 2007 at 9:25 AM
Default Chapter 7 - The End?
Chapter 7

Thankfully term was over. It had its ups and downs, alot of downs, but I had a great best friend in Dylan. We like to go to the lake, it's not warm enough for swimming yet but it's peaceful and we can hang out without being disturbed. Dylan likes to show off climbing the trees! Boys will be boys! His sister is in foster care now but at least he gets to visit her regularly. And mum has had a promotion at work so money's not so tight at home.

I've also got a new friend, Josie. She joined Lakeside mid-term and we became friends quickly. She's really easy-going and it's nice to have someone to go shopping and do girly things with.

Last week was the Debutante Ball. I didn't have a date, I was kinda hoping Dillon might... well, Dylan and I went together. We had a great night, it was lots of fun. Mum couldn't afford to buy me a new dress but dad's girlfriend took me shopping and bought me a really pretty dress, so I guess she's good for something.

On Wednesday I got bad news, or was it good news? I'm a bit confused about it all...
Dylan came round all excited. He was waving a letter, when I saw the look on his face I thought maybe his sister was getting to go home.
"Hey Lenny, read this!" he shouted. I took the letter out of his hand and read...
"..... we are extremely happy to offer you a place on our gymnastics program and hope you will be able to join us for the start of the new term next week. Please find enclosed...."
"Oh my god! Thanks fantastic!" I said. "You really deserve this, I'm so happy for you!" I looked at the address on the letter, China..... China?! Suddenly it didn't seem that great after all.

So... today I phoned to invite him over for a games night, to give us a chance to talk. We played Monopoly and ate pizza and reminisced about the good times.
"Remember the time you told The Three Witches they stank!" I laughed.
"Yes, and remember the time you tripped Lauren up right into that muddy puddle!"
"That was an accident! I swear!"
"Yeah, right!" he smiled.

Then Dylan got up and gave me a hug, and suddenly it hit me... he was going to the other side of the world. I might never see him again. I started to sob and he sat me down on the couch. "I'm gonna miss you Lenny." he said.
"I know, I'm gonna miss you too."
"Going to this school is an opportunity I can't pass up but I hate leaving my sis and you. Would you do me a favour?"
"Of course, anything!"
"Would you go and visit Julie for me? I doubt mum will go and see her and I don't want her to think no one cares about her."
"Don't worry" I said, "of course I will!"
I rested my head on his shoulder and cried until I fell asleep.

Dylan laid me gently on the couch and slipped out into the night...
Instructor
#41 Old 9th May 2007 at 10:28 AM
What can I say? I love the frequency of your updates
#42 Old 9th May 2007 at 10:57 AM
I can understand Dylan: some weeks ago, my co-supervisor told me that he want me to do the PhD in Chile. 4 years!
And, like Dylan, I have a very special person here in Italy that I'll have to leave. I know I'll miss her so much.

Please, Romy, :bow: do an happy end! I don't know how, but try. Please.
OK?
thanks!
SkZ
Instructor
#43 Old 9th May 2007 at 11:12 AM
I'm not going to spoil it for the other's as I know where it ends for the contest, but as for your other chapters, I am going to be in just as much suspense as everyone else, I have a feeling that it will be a happy ending

Wonderful update

Auroraspirit :angel:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
Scholar
Original Poster
#44 Old 9th May 2007 at 2:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SkZ
I can understand Dylan: some weeks ago, my co-supervisor told me that he want me to do the PhD in Chile. 4 years!
And, like Dylan, I have a very special person here in Italy that I'll have to leave. I know I'll miss her so much.

Please, Romy, :bow: do an happy end! I don't know how, but try. Please.
OK?
thanks!
SkZ

I'm sure there will be a happy ending, but maybe not the one you hope for
#45 Old 9th May 2007 at 5:17 PM
No, he's leaving. :weep: Thats so sad. I don't know if I've told you this before, but I love your pictures! Great update!
Instructor
#46 Old 9th May 2007 at 7:39 PM
That's really sad... poor Lenny. Just when things were going well. Josie seems sweet! Nice update!
#47 Old 9th May 2007 at 8:22 PM
If she's happy, :shrug: :thumb:

really nice picture! they seem so natural, so real
Scholar
Original Poster
#48 Old 9th May 2007 at 10:55 PM
Default Chapter 8 - First Kiss
I was going to post this in the morning but it looks like my horse might be having her foal tonight :yippee: so you can have it early, in case I'm not around.

Chapter 8

I woke the next morning feeling dreadful, my eyes were swollen and red and my head was thumping. I couldn't believe Dylan was really going, I was going to miss him so much. If only there was a way I could make him stay...

We met up later that day.
"Dylan, I know I'm being selfish, but I really want you to stay. Can't you change your mind?" I pleaded.
"Lenny, you don't know how bad that makes me feel. I went to see Julie at her foster home this morning to tell her, and she was so upset... I really don't know what to do." he replied. "This scholarship could be my big chance, but I don't want to leave you and Julie!"
"Oh god, sorry Dylan, I didn't mean to upset you... isn't there some way around this?" I asked, "Couldn't you get a scholarship here?"
"It's not that simple, the nearest sports college is Middlehampton, so I would still have to move away."

We spent most afternoons at my house whilst mum was as work, making the most of our time together. We discussed ways in which he could stay in Lakeside but none of them seemed feasible. It was a pretty low time but we tried to cheer each other up.

On Friday mum was working late so Dylan stayed for dinner, he's brave as my cooking skills are famous, or rather, infamous! Afterwards we sat on the couch planning, yet again...
"I found a gym that does coaching before and after school," I told him, "It's only in West Shore so you could get the bus. Some really big names have gone through there as they've got a really good trainer."
"Yeah? That sounds really good!" said Dylan, looking excited.
"Yes, but it's private." I said.
"Oh." replied Dylan sinking back in resignation.
"I'm sorry" I said, "I just thought... I dunno..."

I turned and looked at him, he glanced up and our eyes met. Time froze and we were unable to look away. Slowly.... gently.... we leant towards each other.... until.... our lips met. The kiss seemed to last an eternity and as we parted I felt breathless and I could hear my blood pounding in my ears. I looked into his eyes and knew he felt the same.

"What was the name of that gym in West Shore?" he asked...
#49 Old 9th May 2007 at 11:00 PM
Lol how sweet! Awesome update!
#50 Old 10th May 2007 at 2:46 AM
Aww!
That's so cute!
Page 2 of 13