Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Oct 2016 at 11:09 AM Last edited by varpunen : 4th Oct 2016 at 8:56 PM.
Default Nighttime ambient ocean sound from Isla Paradiso?
Hi, all. I asked about this a long time ago and I guess I'm asking it now again in hopes that someone might have figured this problem out becuase I haven't made any progress. So, does anyone yet know how you can add the ambient nighttime ocean sounds (bats + wolfs + distant rumbling sound) into the neighborhood. I tried everything but even with the hidden island marker (tested all 3 different filler options) I could only add the fog. I'm getting desperate. I'm currently turning the UNI town into Antonio Bay from The Fog and I would love to have those sounds. They have to be somewhere in there, right?

If the sounds are connected to the hidden islands themselves (hidden marker 8 options), can anyone confirm the sounds disappearing once the islands are discovered, since the marker also disappears then. I've never done the hidden island guest chain myself.

Here's my original post and what I've tried so far: http://modthesims.info/t/519083

I would love any suggestions.

EDIT: On a side note, since the hidden island marker is available in CAW, how can you activate it's effects or can you?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Oct 2016 at 4:03 AM
Wondering the same thing- I wonder if the sounds are linked to the neighborhood itself?

I want to get the desert sounds of Al Simhara without having to turn the world into an Egypt destination.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 5th Oct 2016 at 10:18 AM
It's probably the same as for the Egypt sounds- you'd likely have to copy the UNKN 0x296A6258 from Isla Paradiso to your custom world. I haven't played Island Paradise so haven't done any research into this world myself, but if you take a look at this thread it might give you some information to allow you to figure this out for yourself.
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=424374
If it turns out that this resource is responsible for the ambient sounds you seek, then perhaps you could post your findings to this thread:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=3839395
Alchemist
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Oct 2016 at 12:11 PM Last edited by varpunen : 5th Oct 2016 at 12:41 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
It's probably the same as for the Egypt sounds- you'd likely have to copy the UNKN 0x296A6258 from Isla Paradiso to your custom world. I haven't played Island Paradise so haven't done any research into this world myself, but if you take a look at this thread it might give you some information to allow you to figure this out for yourself.
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=424374
If it turns out that this resource is responsible for the ambient sounds you seek, then perhaps you could post your findings to this thread:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=3839395

Thank you for the idea and I just tested it. I haven't imported either one of my worlds yet, so I downloaded the builders island from this site and replaced it's UNKN 0x296A6258 with the Isla Paradiso's. I played 3 nights in row but got no ambient sounds, just the normal sound of the ocean. I already got so excited by this but sadly it wasn't the source. I will go now and try again but the result will probably be the same, though. I'll report back how it goes.

EDIT: Tested it again, no sounds. (If it was going to work, it would have worked on installed world, as well, not just unimported one, right?)

Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Wondering the same thing- I wonder if the sounds are linked to the neighborhood itself?

I'm starting to believe that, as well. Maybe there's some other file that contains the sounds/ambience only? I would love to ask this straigh from EA but have no idea from who and would probably never get an answer anyway.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 5th Oct 2016 at 1:35 PM
Ahh, maybe it's linked to the neighbourhood ID then? Test this- copy the WPID 0xF609FD60 resource from Isla Paradiso into your world. Of course, this effectively makes the game override Isla Paradiso with your world- so you might have some odd side effects whilst testing this.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Oct 2016 at 2:22 PM
Ahh, maybe it's linked to the neighbourhood ID then? Test this- copy the WPID 0xF609FD60 resource from Isla Paradiso into your world. Of course, this effectively makes the game override Isla Paradiso with your world- so you might have some odd side effects whilst testing this.

Done but no effect, no sounds. I also added these...

...into the world file but they also had no effect at all. I'm really starting to wonder into what those sounds are tied to or if it's a combination of several different things.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 5th Oct 2016 at 2:56 PM
In city worlds, there is ambient sounds tied to the skyscraper shells. Trees also give some ambient sound. Do you notice the sound being louder at certain points in the map, or is it consistent?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Oct 2016 at 7:31 PM Last edited by varpunen : 5th Oct 2016 at 9:44 PM.
In city worlds, there is ambient sounds tied to the skyscraper shells. Trees also give some ambient sound. Do you notice the sound being louder at certain points in the map, or is it consistent?

The sounds are more clear and louder at the sea, than in the central parts of the islands but still present all around. I couldn't pinpoint the location no matter how I moved around the islands.

I also opened the Isla Paradiso in CAW and the only thing I found from the files there was these...

Everything else - lots, objects, etc. - seemed completely normal. Those could be just the fog effects, though. I don't know if they can include sound or if they could be the sounds themselves. Should it be tested?

EDIT: I downloaded the superCAW, made a tiny world and placed those files in the pic above, since they're not available in normal CAW. Still, no sounds in game, so obviously they are not tied to the fog effects. This is like looking for the Holy Grail. :D
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 11:24 AM
I still think it has to be tied to the world ID. Have you tested adding the WPID 0xF609FD60 and UNKN 0x296A6258? It's so long since I used CAW, I forget what I used to know!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#10 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 1:10 PM
I still think it has to be tied to the world ID. Have you tested adding the WPID 0xF609FD60 and UNKN 0x296A6258? It's so long since I used CAW, I forget what I used to know!

Okay, I added both those files into my little test world but they had no effect. I also added the "ep10 Ocean Loop" files (3) into it, as well, but still no effect, I'm afraid.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 3:58 PM
Well, I'm out of ideas now! I'll take a look for my Island Paradise disc next time I'm in my attic- I never played it, and I don't have CAW installed at the moment either. I'm hoping someone else will see this thread and offer some more ideas!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#12 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 5:38 PM
Well, I'm out of ideas now! I'll take a look for my Island Paradise disc next time I'm in my attic- I never played it, and I don't have CAW installed at the moment either. I'm hoping someone else will see this thread and offer some more ideas!

Thank you for the help and ideas. It was highly appreciated. I'll keep searching and testing and if I discover anything, I'll post it here.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 10:57 PM
Maybe you need the .sns and .snr for each set?

Wotjek's and I had a discussion on replacing sounds here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=576398

It's for directly replacing sounds in-game though, not adding sounds from one world to another.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#14 Old 7th Oct 2016 at 10:27 AM Last edited by varpunen : 7th Oct 2016 at 10:47 AM.
Maybe you need the .sns and .snr for each set?

Wotjek's and I had a discussion on replacing sounds here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=576398

It's for directly replacing sounds in-game though, not adding sounds from one world to another.

Well, the only .sns file I found was for the mysterious Island sound and that was added but later on I discovered with the ealayer3.exe that it's just normal game music. For the three ocean loop files there were no .sns file, unfortunately. So, I've added every file mentioned in this thread + the two files Simsample suggested to try and it still doesn't work. All it did in my latest try was that the full moon sound + notification disappeared. That could've also been just a glitch, though. The idea of converting every single promising .sns file I can find just to hear them out doesn't really appeal to me but it may come to that.

EDIT: Okay, I exported all .sns files from the Isla Paradiso fuilbuild package - all that sounded suitable - and two of them were game music (Mysterious island + Rising from the sea) and the rest were radio music (beach party, etc.) for Isla. No luck.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#15 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 11:03 PM Last edited by varpunen : 30th Jan 2018 at 9:11 PM.
I know it's been quite awhile but I made a tiny bit progress... I think. I actually managed to find more files with S3PE and managed to get the daytime bird and cricket sounds to a test world. Those sounds files are connected to trees. But I still can't figure out the nighttime ocean sounds; wolf howls, bats, birds, insects and the low rumbling sounds. Adding all the files I found to the test world didn't make any difference.

I did testing in Isla Paradiso and while these sounds were active, I used the cheat code to unlock all hidden islands. The sounds didn't disappear, so they can't be connected to the fog or the hidden island marker because that disappears when an island is discovered. I also thought that maybe they are connected to the weather but adding Isla Paradiso weather to the custom world didn't help. Nor are they connected to the island filler fog that doesn't disappear when unlocking islands.

I found some interesting files, like "layer_amb_fullmoon_island%%+AUDT.audtun" and some others. I have no idea what to do with those, though. Also, does... "tp_obj_ambocean%%+AUDT.audtun" ...mean the sound is connected to an object?

Here's the files I found: (I redlined the interesting ones)

I know... I'm like a obsessed dog with a bone, with this one. :D

EDIT: - The sounds can only be heard during full moon, not in normal nights, so they are somehow linked to that moon phase.
- If Isla Paradiso caw files (cawster) are used or if the Isla Paradiso is taken into caw (edit premade worlds), the sounds are gone permanently. At least that is my experience with them.

My very tiny test world has Isla Paradiso weather, one hidden island, all those files I exported with S3PE, the UNKN 0x296A6258 from Isla Paradiso and the guardian statue. It also had the WPID 0xF609FD60 from Isla but since it had no effect, I removed it so the test world wouldn't override the original Isla Paradiso.

So far the only things I've got working - that I have noticed - are the daytime birds and crickets, nighttime crickets and the dog sounds at dusk during fall. I think those are those two canine layer files.

I'm very much open to any suggestions or ideas to test.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#16 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 10:51 AM
Okay, so I found these...

...from the Supernatural fullbuild package but I think they might just be the very short sounds sequence when the full moon actually rises. I still think that the "tp_obj_ambocean%%+AUDT.audtun" hints towards an object because other objects - like say a rocking chair - has a "tp_obj_...." file, as well. I just can't figure out what triggers the ocean sounds, like trees does the birds and the insects sounds. God, I wish I could ask straight from EA.
dodgy builder
#17 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 1:20 PM
I'm just stopping by very shortly, ignore me if it's been said before. Have you tried any of our ts3 modders.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#18 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 1:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I'm just stopping by very shortly, ignore me if it's been said before. Have you tried any of our ts3 modders.

You mean people who makes mods? No. I felt like it would have been like making a request and, well, since those aren't allowed... I've been just trying to figure this out with my own very limited modding skills.
dodgy builder
#19 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 3:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
You mean people who makes mods? No. I felt like it would have been like making a request and, well, since those aren't allowed... I've been just trying to figure this out with my own very limited modding skills.

Can't you just make a thread asking about some pointers, since you intend to do it yourself, it wouldn't be a request. If depends on weather there is any life in that part of the site anymore though. Everyone seems to post all kinds of questions in the main discussion forum these days.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#20 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 4:44 PM Last edited by varpunen : 1st Feb 2018 at 5:01 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Can't you just make a thread asking about some pointers, since you intend to do it yourself, it wouldn't be a request. If depends on weather there is any life in that part of the site anymore though. Everyone seems to post all kinds of questions in the main discussion forum these days.

Hmm, that's a good idea. I guess I thought that this belongs to CAW section. Thanks for the suggestion.

EDIT: Done.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 1:57 PM Last edited by jje1000 : 31st Aug 2018 at 2:15 PM.
@varpunen - Did anyone figure anything out?

Was it basically importing sound files into the world, or were there other files involved as well?
Mad Poster
#22 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 7:43 AM
Interesting note- it looks like sounds are tied into the layers themselves:

I wonder how it might work to tie the world layers from Egypt into a custom world- might it be in the world ID?
Screenshots
Alchemist
Original Poster
#23 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 7:30 PM Last edited by varpunen : 2nd Nov 2018 at 1:04 PM.
Interesting note- it looks like sounds are tied into the layers themselves:

I wonder how it might work to tie the world layers from Egypt into a custom world- might it be in the world ID?

@jje1000

I'm sorry for not being around. After all the problems + max memory errors + one of my new worlds being a disaster, I burned myself out and had to give up playing this game for awhile. It all started to be just too much and I was extremely tired. I'm only now considering playing again.

Yes, I just imported all the sound files with S3PE. Haven't really tested with the Egypt files. Again, sorry for the late response.