Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Sep 2016 at 9:03 AM
Al Simhara World Sounds in Other Worlds?
Is there any way of using the ambient sounds in Al Simhara in other worlds?

It has a more barren desert-like sound effect that would work well in other desert worlds.

Alternately- is this an effect that can only be found when you create a new world (Lush vs Desert)? If so- is there any way of changing between the two settings?

@HarVee @Greenplumbbob
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 3rd Sep 2016 at 9:52 AM
You can do that in CAW I think. You just want to either edit default terrain paints or add a new one and you'll get the option to give it sounds. That's pretty much all I know about adding those sounds to it. It should have WA sounds by default- if there are any WA sounds at all.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 3rd Sep 2016 at 10:27 AM
Wiki article about this here:
Tutorial:Flagging a World as a City or Vacation Localewiki
Read the linked threads too as they contain more information.
Virtual gardener
#4 Old 3rd Sep 2016 at 4:35 PM
That's actually a very interesting thread you got there. Do you happen to know if this also works for the into the future world, Oasis landing? I think it does but just to be sure.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Sep 2016 at 7:52 PM
Thanks for the links! Hmm what if you don't the world to be a Vacation world?

Interestingly, I looked at Lucky Palms and it has the normal bird sounds rather than the desert ones.
Virtual gardener
#6 Old 3rd Sep 2016 at 9:31 PM
The Bnry seems to just have the data. Not sure if you can edit it easily in Notepad++ (or just notepad).

Though, the notes on that same exacrt page has some great explanations to check out ^-^
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 4th Sep 2016 at 9:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
That's actually a very interesting thread you got there. Do you happen to know if this also works for the into the future world, Oasis landing? I think it does but just to be sure.

Good question- but I don't have that EP, so I'll await your research and update to the wiki article. (Did you see what I did there? )

Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Thanks for the links! Hmm what if you don't the world to be a Vacation world?

Interestingly, I looked at Lucky Palms and it has the normal bird sounds rather than the desert ones.

Some bird sounds seem to come from the trees themselves, so those would depend upon the tree type that you use.

Lucky Palms is flagged as a suburb (the same as Sunset Valley).

You can flag your world as an Egyptian world without having it as a vacation locale:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=424374
So you could have an Egyptian suburb or city, but it is not possible to have a city vacation locale. The resource that identifies the world is just a flag or marker- to have different ambient sounds without changing the flag would probably necessitate a mod override of game files.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Sep 2016 at 9:29 AM
Ok did a quick test in CAW and the desert setting has no effect whatsoever on the sounds- this means that it's likely tied specifically to Egypt.

I could flag the world as Egyptian, but I want just the sounds without any of these effects, since the world isn't Egyptian:

Quote:
- Egyptian music
- Egyptian NPCs: names, hairstyles, clothing; applied to all NPCs including mixologists, paparazzi, townies, etc.
- All Sims living in the hood would have the Egyptian nationality icon.
- Landmark tombs have the correct logo, and there's explorers throughout the world visiting these.
- Special goods vendor selling Egyptian visa awards moves into town and has a logo in map view.
- Both the relic and general goods registers sell items like they do in Egypt, plus, the food register now also sells Egyptian food.
- All NPCs walk to their destinations, there's no traffic.
- The default mode of transport for your household Sims is a Moped (not for children), opposed to a taxi. This can still be set to any car you own.
Virtual gardener
#9 Old 9th Sep 2016 at 9:56 AM
I think that's going to be a challenge, unless there is a way to add the sunset valley flags with it. Not sure though since I rather want to keep those files alone unless I need to (and I guess I do need to try it for my futuristic world once.) Anyway, mnaybe opening both the standard/sunset valley file and the egyptian file could help you out? It's usually how I deal with these sorts of things... Comparing!