Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 7:27 PM
Default Mesh stretched when imported into blender
Hey there!

So I'm following the basic object creation tutorial by ellacharm3d, and I've run into a wall. I want to use blender instead of Milkshape, but every time I try to import the mesh into blender, it gets stretched, distorted, and moved off center. I imported it into Milkshape and it looked just like it should, with all the correct sizes and bone locations, etc. (photos below)

Does anyone have any idea how to fix or deal with this problem?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

-ladymumm
Screenshots
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 7:51 PM
The one you're importing into Blender is a sunshadow lod...its group number ends in 10000 or 10001. The one you're importing into MS is the mesh lod and its group number ends in 00000. The one you actually see in the game is the one you're importing into MS. That's the one you want to be importing into Blender to edit. If you want your sunshadows to match your new item you'll eventually have to edit the 10001 and 10000 lods also.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 8:36 PM
Ahhh. Ok, that makes sense now. Thanks for pointing that out.

However, I'm still having a problem. When I import the 00000 file into blender, I only get what I assume is the dropshadow for the mesh. I don't see any actual mesh. Any idea what's going on here?
Screenshots
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#4 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 10:55 PM
Are you getting any errors?

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 11:46 PM
I didn't think I was, but I went back and went through the process with the table and another mesh, and now I'm getting an error that looks like this.
Screenshots
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#6 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 12:17 AM
The Blender scripts can't import meshes from mlods decompiled by the Object Tool(which it looks like this is). Orangemittens has written a tutorial on the new way to do it without the object tool: http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforu...php?topic=614.0.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 12:55 AM
Oh wonderful! It works! Thank you both so much for your help! :D