Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th May 2011 at 1:43 AM
Default Problems with a New Mesh
Hi, I've been trying to create a new mesh using Blender and CTU, but some weird things have been happening. I created the mesh in blender, and it doesn't have any problems, however when I get it into CAS, it does this:

BUT, in game it's fine:

Can anyone tell me what the problem is here? This even happens when I export the original, unchanged game mesh, but it hasn't happened with any other mesh I've done.
Also, I work on a mac, so my tools are limited.

Any help it appreciated, thanks.
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#2 Old 15th May 2011 at 2:04 AM
I believe this only happens on Macs, there is a old thread about it but can not remember the name...
Did you try clearring your caches and thumbnailfolder?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th May 2011 at 2:13 AM Last edited by pinkdot. : 15th May 2011 at 2:36 AM.
Hmm, is there a way to fix this? Or will this always happen in CAS?

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't see the second part of your post. I did try that, and it didn't do anything. Any other suggestions?
Test Subject
#4 Old 17th May 2011 at 7:17 AM
I've been having the same problem when I put certain new meshes into the game, and I'm also on a mac.
Sockpuppet
#5 Old 17th May 2011 at 7:16 PM
Ill try to lookup the thread but have no solution.....

Uhm, looking at the screenshots again
It might be possible that the Blender GEOM plugin doesn't support a specific skirt joint
You could do a simple test and assigne the whole waist part to the pelvis bone and check if you still have these issues(it will not animate correct, just to test)

another reason is that the original skeleton had some bonehashes that your now missing.
Try cloning a outfit with pants(or swimsuit) and load your meshes in that outfit
btw, did you make new morphs for the outfit?
Wat did you edit on the original outfit?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th May 2011 at 2:40 AM
I don't know how to reassign the bones or make new morphs, but if you can do it on a mac I'll try to figure it out. I only tucked in the waist and part of the sleeves, made the corset part of the dress go down in the front and up in the back, and made the skirt a bit larger. I also tried simply importing and exporting the unchanged mesh into blender, and that did the same thing, so it seems like the problem isn't with my new mesh specifically, but maybe something with blender.

I tried cloning the swimsuit and loading the mesh onto that, but it also did the same thing. Would loading it on a different dress help? Because I created a new mesh from a different original dress, and it worked perfectly fine.
Sockpuppet
#7 Old 18th May 2011 at 5:57 AM
Can you upload the unchanged original mesh but imported/exported with Blender?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th May 2011 at 9:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
Can you upload the unchanged original mesh but imported/exported with Blender?

Yes, here it is. It does exactly the same thing for me in the game, though.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  unchangedcrazymesh.package.zip (452.1 KB, 11 downloads) - View custom content
Sockpuppet
#9 Old 18th May 2011 at 11:21 AM Last edited by BloomsBase : 18th May 2011 at 11:53 AM.
yes, but if its related to the Blender importer i might can see this in Milkshape

edit,
It is most likly caused by the WSO importer for Blender.( you used TSRW right?)
The vertices arround the waist are assigned to the spine0 and the pelvis but in a strange way.
While a vert should be assigned to 60% spine0 and 40% pelvis for example, yours uses the option of 4 bones per vertice and divides the spine0 in 3
Yours is then assigned to 20%spine/20%spine/20%spine and 40%pelvis wich is really strange

If i look at the mesh in TSRW parts arround the waist are transparant wich indicates underweighted bones....
I dont know if TSRW WSO exporter supports 4 bones per vertice, but if it doesn't this will mess up the display(you lose the last 20% weight on the spine)

But the WSO importer for Blender causes this and should be updated
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 18th May 2011 at 8:42 PM
I can only use CTU, so that's what I've been using, and since I'm on a mac there's no 3D preview. Is there a way to change this assignment problem on a mac with blender?
Sockpuppet
#11 Old 20th May 2011 at 3:02 AM
i have no idea......

When i opened your file there were alot files in it so i assumed you used TSRW(TSRW includes all files)
I had a look again as i wondered were all the files came from and there are multiple GEOMS in your file, no idea why?
You normally have 3 lods with a max of 6 if each lod has 2 mesgroups but in your package there are alot more...???

Another option is to try to do the same with TSRW and the Blender WSO plugin(http://sites.google.com/site/3dscri.../blender-3d-wso)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 20th May 2011 at 3:26 AM
Hmm, that's so weird. I only imported 4. LOD 1, 1_1, 2, and 3. I can't run TSW on my computer, otherwise I'd try that. But I'm trying to find a PC I can use for a bit.