Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Feb 2019 at 12:09 PM
Default game doesn't recognize my files
Hey there,
I recently got a new computer. I had the Sims UC on my old one, so I installed it here again through origin. Then I copied all of my old files from the folder (EA GAMES/The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection) and put it in the exact same place on the new computer (and everything is there). I'm 100% positive everything is in the right place.

But when I start the game, it doesn't load my files for some reason. I see the normal default neighborhoods, there are no lots or sims of mine...I didn't check if my CC was there because I mainly care about my old households. Where are they?

I'm happy about any advice. So far I've only restarted my computer and reinstalled the Sims. No change
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 6th Feb 2019 at 12:50 PM
The game should create it's own EAGames....Downloads folder. Did it do that? If not, maybe take out your stuff. Let it generate the folders it needs, then put your files in those folders?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Feb 2019 at 1:01 PM
No, I meant the folders were there and I just copied my things into the existing ones.

I installed the game, then copied my files from the old computer, went into the EA Games folder on the new one and threw all my stuff in there (Downloads into Downloads, Neighborhood into Neighborhoods...). If that has to do anything with it I clicked replace when it said there were already similar files
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 6th Feb 2019 at 1:22 PM
You never overwrite. So if there was a neighbourhood folder already in, don't drop another one over the top letting it replace. Same for the rest. You cut/delete the game made folder then drop your own in. Once you have done that delete the neighbourhood manager file as it remembers what was there, not what you just placed. Delete that and let it make another.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#5 Old 6th Feb 2019 at 3:08 PM
Most likely you didn't put them into the right place thanks to Windows libraries, they may be in the public folder instead of your private folder.
The NeighborhoodManager contains information about the last EP played and all the information about the game tip settings and which game tips have played, it's the Groups.cache that stores what was where and should be deleted anytime you make a significant change(s).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Feb 2019 at 3:42 PM
Thanks so much for all your replies!

Turns out, I really had them in the wrong folder, now it's working.

Except for the fact that it's crashing every few minutes...but that's another problem. Thank you again
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 7th Feb 2019 at 12:50 AM
Do you have the 4 gb patch and your graphics rules done? There is a sticky thread on that as well as stand by memory which can also make it crash.

Even on the correct place, don't let your files overwrite.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~