Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

More CAS Traits Mod (For Sims, Horses, & Pets!)

by chingyu1023 Posted 15th Mar 2017 at 11:54 AM - Updated 12th Dec 2023 at 3:05 PM by chingyu1023 : Updated for patch 1.103

551 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 363 Feedback Posts, 187 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 12 of 23
Lab Assistant
#276 Old 15th Feb 2019 at 4:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by actuallyitsstar
First of all this is exactly the kind of mod I've been searching for so thank you so much for making it and maintaining it!
That being said this is not working for me at all, not sure if I'm missing something??

I've got it in live mode, done cntrl + shift + c, typed traits.equip_trait trait_<traitnameNoSpaces> and used the exact trait name, no spaces, correct capitalization to match the how they look in CAS. i tried it with modded in traits as well as default traits to no avail. tried it with and without the brackets, with and without leaving the words 'traitname' in there, with and without quotations,
and with the game paused and unpaused. Nothing seems to be happening.
Just for kicks I also tried all the versions of "traits.equip_trait TraitName" that i could think of and that didn't work either.
Script mods are enabled and my other mods seem to be working fine.
Am I missing something or is this mod not working atm?
Thanks!

Same. I've found most of these "cheats" never work. It's probably one of those that EA removed. They've removed some of the cheats, and that one probably came about with the Parenthood pack, since you could add traits by actions and behaviors.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#277 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 5:59 PM
This mod is compatible with February ’19 Patch. And yes. Those cheats are removed by EA. Now I highly recommend you using the Add Traits In Regular Menu Mod to add/remove traits through in-game interaction.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#278 Old 24th Feb 2019 at 8:32 PM
Thank you for the compatibility check!
Test Subject
#279 Old 5th Mar 2019 at 1:29 AM
Could there be a more simplistic explanation for how to use this mod and if there is a way to use it in CAS with another mod please could you/someone quote that specific mod.. After reading the original posting of this mod, this one and the comments I am highly confused whether to download this one or which one of the several mentioned. Any help would be much appreciated as I would just like to have extra slots for traits.. thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#280 Old 6th Mar 2019 at 8:28 PM
I found I didn't dl the add to menu hack, after that they all worked. -B
Test Subject
#281 Old 21st Mar 2019 at 4:55 PM
Hi, I've just downloaded this but the only traits I am seeing are the optional ones, not the main ones (foodie, active etc)

Any idea how to fix it? Thanks
Field Researcher
#282 Old 21st Mar 2019 at 10:02 PM Last edited by sillysoraya : 21st Mar 2019 at 10:13 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Fraden
Hi, I've just downloaded this but the only traits I am seeing are the optional ones, not the main ones (foodie, active etc)

I'm having exactly the same problem. Cannot add regular ones like cheerful, just the optional ones like high metabolism etc. which isn't really what I wanted.
EDIT: Ok, I changed to one of the ones where you can add more traits, as I think I just maxed it out Am using version and works great! :D
Test Subject
#283 Old 21st Mar 2019 at 10:16 PM Last edited by Fraden : 21st Mar 2019 at 11:27 PM.
What do you mean Sillysoraya? Did you download a different version?

Another thing, if I download the add traits through menu on this mod, it doesn't show, but if I use the one from the old mod, it shows up in game
Test Subject
#284 Old 12th Apr 2019 at 11:14 AM
Any chance of making a version that can be used with pets? Would be nice to see pets have more interesting behavior through more traits.
Lab Assistant
#285 Old 17th Apr 2019 at 2:13 AM
Any idea if this will be updated after today's patch? I noticed it's not working.
Lab Assistant
#286 Old 20th Apr 2019 at 9:53 PM
This is working for me. I'm using version 10 and adding traits with MC Command Center. I also have the add traits in regular menu installed. I don't know if it's necessary, but it doesn't hurt.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#287 Old 21st Apr 2019 at 8:25 AM
ANNOUNCEMENT:
I've found out bienchen's sims4me_lesslonglivingactivesims would make More CAS Traits for Sims mod nonfunctional because they edit the same xml file. Don't use that mod if you want more traits for your sims.
I wonder if people wants that function (more or less sims age days) in game while having more CAS Traits. If you guys want that, I could upload a few versions of it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#288 Old 29th Apr 2019 at 5:00 AM
When I open cas it still only shows 3 traits for my young adult sim, any help please? {I dl the life long learner}
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#289 Old 30th Apr 2019 at 3:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Solikepink
When I open cas it still only shows 3 traits for my young adult sim, any help please? {I dl the life long learner}

The mod doesn't change the UI in CAS. You has to change them through gameplay menu. And the extra traits won't be displayed in CAS. They only show up in game.
Test Subject
#290 Old 3rd May 2019 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fraden

I'm also having this issue
Test Subject
#291 Old 5th May 2019 at 7:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by djmoon

If u have 3 main traits for ur sim and the 3 are already asigned u have to remove one of those 3 in order to add another one, to add more main traits u have to install a mod to increase the main traits of ur sims in order to asign additional main traits.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#292 Old 7th May 2019 at 1:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Solikepink

Quote: Originally posted by djmoon

Did you download ONE version of More Traits Mod PLUS ONE Add Traits in Regular Menu mod?
Also, version 12 only increase Adult & Elder's traits number. (1 CAS Trait for Toddler, 1 CAS Trait for Child, 2 CAS Trait for Teen, 3 CAS Trait for Young, 4 CAS Trait for Adult, 5 CAS Trait for Elder) If you want more CAS traits for Young Adult, you have to use version 13, 14 or 15 instead.
Test Subject
#293 Old 8th May 2019 at 1:13 AM
Seeing Dab in the preview images made me smile Anyway, wanted to report a bug. A while ago my young adult sim decided to autonomously play with a toy that was lying around, but when he went to play, he just stopped. I clicked on the toy myself and told him to play with it, but he, again, stopped and couldn't complete the action.
I believe this is because I used this mod to give him the Childish trait, as my other Childish sim can play with toys, while he can't. The other sim also had Childish as one of her primary traits and not a trait I used this mod to add on. I thought I'd let say something in case anyone else had this problem. I assume this mod is the problem since I don't have any other mods that affect the traits.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#294 Old 9th May 2019 at 12:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leilani413
Seeing Dab in the preview images made me smile Anyway, wanted to report a bug. A while ago my young adult sim decided to autonomously play with a toy that was lying around, but when he went to play, he just stopped. I clicked on the toy myself and told him to play with it, but he, again, stopped and couldn't complete the action.
I believe this is because I used this mod to give him the Childish trait, as my other Childish sim can play with toys, while he can't. The other sim also had Childish as one of her primary traits and not a trait I used this mod to add on. I thought I'd let say something in case anyone else had this problem. I assume this mod is the problem since I don't have any other mods that affect the traits.

This mod doesn't do anything with editing traits' effects. I believe this is a EA base game bug if you don't use any other mods related to playing with toys action. If this happens again, please report this on TS4 forum :
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Repor...The-Sims-4-Bugs
Lab Assistant
#295 Old 14th May 2019 at 3:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chingyu1023
This mod doesn't do anything with editing traits' effects. I believe this is a EA base game bug if you don't use any other mods related to playing with toys action. If this happens again, please report this on TS4 forum :
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Repor...The-Sims-4-Bugs
did it also make your social event like when you wanna make a birthday party blank?
Test Subject
#296 Old 23rd May 2019 at 2:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chingyu1023
The mod doesn't change the UI in CAS. You has to change them through gameplay menu. And the extra traits won't be displayed in CAS. They only show up in game.

Is it possible to make the traits appear in CAS? That would be a lot better
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#297 Old 25th May 2019 at 8:23 PM
Thank you for maintaining this and all the options you provide!
Test Subject
#298 Old 2nd Jun 2019 at 3:09 PM
I can’t get this mod to work at all
I’m following the instructions perfectly and yet I can’t even see the mod when I got to look at it through the game settings.
Please help!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#299 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 3:55 AM Last edited by Mizuki_Ukitake : 3rd Jun 2019 at 8:02 AM.
I can't live without this mod, and I redownload it every time the game is patched.
Lab Assistant
#300 Old 3rd Jun 2019 at 3:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by muffinlover246
I can’t get this mod to work at all
I’m following the instructions perfectly and yet I can’t even see the mod when I got to look at it through the game settings.
Please help!!

Did you make sure to download the top file, "Add traits in regular menu"? I forgot to do that too, and didn't realize until I noticed I couldn't get the option to add more traits, hahaha
Page 12 of 23