Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#126 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BulldozerIvan
Your dislikes are a little more understandable. A sexual topic in a calendar contest is ripe bait for that sort of thing, even if the actual sexual part is muted considerably. There's also distinction of not liking a particular activity or the philosophical / moral implications behind it, and not liking an individual or group. It does get messy, and a simple down vote doesn't explain things very well.

I try not to sexualize them too much. I was kinda worried they seemed a little too uh, passionate in the picture, but I went with it anyway. But hey, I'm a straight guy whose favourite Sim ended up being a lesbian all by herself. I never expected it not to get awkward.

So it's kind of a shaky issue. I guess it's just another case of "Fuckin' deal with it".

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#127 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 12:33 AM
Here's my entry for June.
Screenshots
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#128 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 12:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Grijze Pilion
Found the Australian.

So uhm, not trying to cause a scene here or anything, but how does Santa like, work when there's no snow?

He goes surfing.

Hehe, sorry couldn't help myself. The Aussie will back out now.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#129 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 6:06 AM
January

Memory Games A Sims 3 Thriller Mystery
Scholar
#130 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 6:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Grijze Pilion
I try not to sexualize them too much. I was kinda worried they seemed a little too uh, passionate in the picture, but I went with it anyway. But hey, I'm a straight guy whose favourite Sim ended up being a lesbian all by herself. I never expected it not to get awkward.

So it's kind of a shaky issue. I guess it's just another case of "Fuckin' deal with it".

I've a feeling that one disagree-er from the pictures subforum has been at work again. You know, that mysterious person who makes sure that every image post that even implies the existence of LGBT people gets a 'disagree' click?

And then when one person clicks the button, other people feel better about doing it, I guess.

They definitely aren't too passionate in that picture though. It's just the typical garden variety homophobia and double standards and shit.

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Mad Poster
#131 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 11:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gingerxyz
I've a feeling that one disagree-er from the pictures subforum has been at work again. You know, that mysterious person who makes sure that every image post that even implies the existence of LGBT people gets a 'disagree' click?

And then when one person clicks the button, other people feel better about doing it, I guess.

They definitely aren't too passionate in that picture though. It's just the typical garden variety homophobia and double standards and shit.

It's like those naive conservatives I always run into on Twitter - I should be ignoring them, but I really, really like arguing. You know they're F'ed in the head, you know they'll never see the light, but part of you just wants to try anyway. So to that one special person the mods haven't bothered to kill yet: I'm not wasting my time on you.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Instructor
#132 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 11:54 AM
Since when is hugging sexual? It's like saying holding hands is being intimate...
Mad Poster
#133 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 12:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by miarell
Since when is hugging sexual? It's like saying holding hands is being intimate...

People hold very different values when it comes to same-sex relationships. Sad, but true.

insert signature here
Scholar
#134 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 12:19 PM
Hahahaha. Don't you know, if you're a same sex couple, holding hands is being intimate. Well, judging by the stares and the glares and such that tend to result. Same sex couples are judged by a whole different scale when it comes to these things. Gay hugging = straight kissing, gay kissing = straight making out, etc, etc. It's why there's an uproar any time even the most innocent of same sex romances are depicted in anything targeted at kids. It's bizarre, but then homophobia in general is bizarre, so what do you expect?

jus nou drein jus daun
Mad Poster
#135 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 12:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gingerxyz
Hahahaha. Don't you know, if you're a same sex couple, holding hands is being intimate. Well, judging by the stares and the glares and such that tend to result. Same sex couples are judged by a whole different scale when it comes to these things. Gay hugging = straight kissing, gay kissing = straight making out, etc, etc. It's why there's an uproar any time even the most innocent of same sex romances are depicted in anything targeted at kids. It's bizarre, but then homophobia in general is bizarre, so what do you expect?

To be fair, they are kind of making out. Which is intercourse to a homophobe, I suppose.

insert signature here
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#136 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 12:58 PM
@Qnshr5 - your entry is added.
@simsgal2227 - your entry did not have a sim in it, therefore it could not be added.

Contest is now closed! We'll post the results and goodies when we have them all ready! Thank you everyone for participating!

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Instructor
#137 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 1:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by miarell

To be fair, the rainbows everywhere made the subtext pretty in-your-face.
Scholar
#138 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 2:13 PM
To be fair, the rainbows everywhere made the subtext pretty in-your-face.

The presence of a rainbow coloured background makes a display of affection more sexual???

I'm...not following...

jus nou drein jus daun
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#139 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 2:27 PM
Okay, y'all, I've let this go on long enough. If you want to have a discussion about same sex couples, I am sure there is plenty of room in the discussion forums. A comment about the disagrees was okay (people always disagree for the damndest of reasons, damn internet trolls) but we have 2 pictures entries, my official post and an Australian santa. The rest on this page are completely unrelated to the contest except in the vaguest sense of how they relate to an entry.

"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Lab Assistant
#140 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 9:47 PM
Based on voting results so far, it would appear I have the most polarizing image in this contest. Everyone either passionately loves it or hates it. I can't help but ask: why is the Camelry so polarizing?

I think it's because you made the photo for the month of August, but honestly...it looks like it would fit October (for Halloween) so much better. That's immediately what came to mind when I saw it. Plus, they're all wearing long pants and shirts, which fits better with fall than summer.
Test Subject
#141 Old 1st Dec 2015 at 11:44 PM
Default Deadline
First, this is a really awesome idea! I have no idea why I'm just now hearing about this. I have one question. Seeing as it is December 1st, and all the months months aren't completely full, am I still allowed to place an entry? I can have my entry before the day is up. I would really love to participate!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#142 Old 2nd Dec 2015 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JazziLovesSims
First, this is a really awesome idea! I have no idea why I'm just now hearing about this. I have one question. Seeing as it is December 1st, and all the months months aren't completely full, am I still allowed to place an entry? I can have my entry before the day is up. I would really love to participate!
I'm afraid the contest is now closed so no you can't place an entry, sorry.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#143 Old 2nd Dec 2015 at 12:11 AM
I'm sorry @JazziLovesSims - it would be unfair to let you get an entry in now when the contest already closed. I'm sorry you missed it!

Sniped by Karen!

Test Subject
#144 Old 2nd Dec 2015 at 1:56 AM
Okay I understand completely! Thanks for responding so quickly though
Instructor
#145 Old 2nd Dec 2015 at 6:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CarlDillynson
I think it's because you made the photo for the month of August, but honestly...it looks like it would fit October (for Halloween) so much better. That's immediately what came to mind when I saw it. Plus, they're all wearing long pants and shirts, which fits better with fall than summer.

Well, there are cold days in August on occasion. But so far, that's the most logical argument I've heard. Thanks. I'll make a note to design the Camelry some seasonal variations for their uniforms. Most helpful feedback I've gotten all thread.
Scholar
#146 Old 2nd Dec 2015 at 2:31 PM Last edited by tsyokawe : 2nd Dec 2015 at 3:09 PM. Reason: coherency?
But this isn't a feedback thread. When I like someone's entry, I'd rather just click the love-button.
Instructor
#147 Old 3rd Dec 2015 at 4:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tsyokawe
But this isn't a feedback thread. When I like someone's entry, I'd rather just click the love-button.

Perhaps not. But all creators have blind spots. Best to discover them early.
Scholar
#148 Old 3rd Dec 2015 at 4:38 AM
If the advice is solicited, perhaps a PM maybe, or a thread on the Sims Pictures forum....sort of an informal CFF for images?

But once someone has entered an image in a contest, what purpose does it serve to criticize it?
If the contestant is swayed by your personal assessment, it's too late to replace the image, anyway. S/he risks disqualification.

In such cases, hitting, or not hitting, the luv-button is critique enough, doncha think?
Field Researcher
#149 Old 3rd Dec 2015 at 4:55 AM
I totally agree with that "CFF for screenshots" idea

I'm bad at finding CC on my own
My simblr
I'm shy and so I might take longer to reply you '-'
Instructor
#150 Old 4th Dec 2015 at 9:26 PM
Good luck to everyone! Saw some pretty good pictures submitted. This will be a great calendar~

Page 6 of 8