Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 11:18 AM Last edited by xptl297 : 29th Sep 2012 at 10:48 AM. Reason: problem solved
Default Diagonal Doors (solved)
I made a new door for my airplane and cloned the base game value door, both straight and diagonal. I followed the tutorial and the object is working.
I got a problem though, the diagonal door is picking the colors from the original door, thought I changed all the resources to pick colors from my door instead.
The diagonal door is placed with the right color but if I use the game picker to change colors, I get only options from the value door.
I know that it would be easier to slave and recolor the value door, but I want this door as clone base for other projects I have in mind.
Anything I missed?
I changed the "Grid Align GUID" to mine and changed the shape to my main color as well as the wallshadow.
I also changed the object data from the straight door reference to the GUID nr of my diagonal door.
The same continues to happen.
Thanks.
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 2:03 PM
All diagonal door are slaved to their straight counterparts. So if yours is still picking up colors from it's original straight counterpart, then you've missed something in one of the resources. Verify the GMND and SHPE both have the correct linkage to your new door. It would probably be easier for us to help if you posted your package.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Sep 2012 at 10:11 AM
Thanks very much, I thought the thread was just deleted and found it again casually. Yes, I forgot the GMND. I linked back to my mesh and it is working now. It is solved and turned out pretty good. I'm satisfied. It is not necessary to post the package because the difference between my mesh and the original Base Game door is that my door is much higher and has metallic look. I'll probably slave it to the value door again because it is prettier and will look good with all the recolors I downloaded before. All I try to do is to create a sort of template first, so that I don't need to start all over again every time I make a new mesh. Thanks again.