Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jul 2012 at 12:43 PM
Another Slot Problem
I made a custom object cloned from a 2-tile coffee table. I added tiles to the footprint to make it a six tile object having the two slots from the cloned coffee table. I want the slots to be available from only two of the footprint tiles, but no matter how I edit the slot id in the OBJD, all the tiles in the footprint place objects on the same two slots. I tried using a value of 0 for the slot id, but that threw an error…”Slot number out of range”. What value do I use for the slot id in the OBJD so that particular footprint tile won’t use the slot on the object?

Thanks
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 3:40 AM
This sounds similar or related to a problem I had. I hope this helps.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 12:20 PM Last edited by raynuss : 15th Jul 2012 at 1:58 PM.
In the post you reference, HL said:

Quote:
I might be a bit slot rusty...but you probably cloned the one OBJD to get three. So the slot id for all three is pointing to your slot resource. You should be able to set the lead objd to not point at the slot resource, then just point one of the others to the slot resource.

What value do I use for the slot id for the lead OBJD so it doesn't point at the slot resource? I tried using a value of zero, and it threw an error..."slot number out of range". And my object has 6 tiles. What value do I use for the slot id for the 4 tiles I don't want to point to the slot resource. Again, zero doesn't work.

UPDATE:

I set the first 4 OBJD slot id's to zero and set the last two to the 2 slot instance numbers (128 and 129). The object no longer throws an error, but I still get every footprint using the same 2 slots. I've tried using values of 1, -1 and 0 for the first four slot id's and it's always the same result. This is driving me nuts. What value do I use so the slot id doesn't point to a slot???

Thanks