Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jun 2012 at 2:37 AM Last edited by XJoeJoe<3aCHEX : 7th Jun 2012 at 4:29 PM.
Is this possible at all?...
I've recently attempted to create a decor sculpture by using a 3D-Model, In milkshape. I deleted the imported mesh and replaced it with a pre-made 3D model, however when I ran the game the object DID show up in the catalog but was invisible. Another time when I did this, instead of the object being invisible, the game crashed when scrolling through the catalog. Im not sure if I am doing something wrong or If this IS possible. I've heard of people puting other 3D meshes from other games into there sims2 games, but just how? The models are .obj*, wich If Im correct are sims2 mesh files. Somebody help me please as I would REALLY REALLY REALLY love to put these things in my game and enjoy them.

Also- Can this be done in body shop also?

thanks!!
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Jun 2012 at 8:19 PM
Are you following a tutorial such as this one or this one? These should help you make a proper .package file. Keep in mind that many 3D models are not made with care to the polygon count.

Sorry, Bodyshop cannot be used to make objects.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...