Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jan 2009 at 1:32 AM
Default Teacher Stories
Perhaps some of the quintessential components of school are the batty teacher, the gullible substitute, the professor who makes your life a living hell, or the teacher that always makes you laugh. Tell us some of your best teacher stories here!

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Jan 2009 at 1:41 AM
I'll have to come back and re edit. Freshman Year: My 9th grade World History teacher, he touched my ass and tried to play it off I swear it I don't care what my sisters say, he may have been a good teacher when they were Freshmen but the man is crazy! Students are always playfully teasing him calling him a molester, but now I've come to realize they are not playing !!

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Mad Poster
#3 Old 10th Jan 2009 at 1:43 AM
Oo this could be funny.

We had a supply teacher who, when she stood behind you, her breasts would touch your back. Ew. Any guys who are thinking that it's a good thing, it wasn't. She was old and kind of large all over. Very nice lady, but that just used to creep me out.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Jan 2009 at 1:46 AM
My newspaper teacher (rather, I should say advisor, because teacher is too strong) is quite possibly the coolest teacher at my school. He's a rabid Democrat (must be why we get along so well) and volunteered for Obama's campaign this past year; being a newsroom, we often have heated political debates, but our teacher reveres Obama so much that we have to call him "Mr. Obama." However, we're free to call the few Republicans in the room McCainiacs,a nd we're free to call McCain "that geriatric sonuvabitch," because he does. He's from the south, so he calls all the females "hun" and all the boys "son."

He lets us listen to our iPods, text on our cell phones, microwave food, and do just about whatever we want. Just today we had a hula hoop competition and he was the judge... it's a wonder we ever put a paper out :P. He's such an iconic teacher- the whole school reveres him, and kids who aren't even journalism students come down to the pub room to chat with him.

Mad Poster
#5 Old 10th Jan 2009 at 1:48 AM
...he was a rabid democrat? Do you mean Rabid as in Rabies?

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Jan 2009 at 1:49 AM
Rabid as in passionate... no pun intended :P. A few days ago, he brought us Barack Obama "Yes We Did!" bumper stickers for our cars .

Mad Poster
#7 Old 10th Jan 2009 at 1:50 AM
oohhhhhhhh shizzles I knew that; I knew that, just wanted to see if you knew it lol

Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 10th Jan 2009 at 3:29 AM
One of my extra curriculars was having a candy fundraiser, so I was just carrying my candy around with me. We're not really supposed to peddle food in school, but no one cares that much.

So the first day that I do this, my AP World teacher comes up to me and says, "The first person to go into anopolectic shock from that, you're taking to the hospital." So I smiled and nodded and decided that it was probably wiser to not sell candy in her class. At the end of the day she bought a Reese's from me. I was amused.

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
#9 Old 10th Jan 2009 at 8:10 AM
Hahaha, my biology teacher pretty much hates the world. And especially our class because we waste class time by asking random questions.

Like one day, we were discussing phospholipid bilayers, and one kid asks "How can you tell how old a tree is?"

The class goes silent because we think we've been busted.

The teacher lets out a long, frustrated sigh...

"...Well, first you have to..."

XDD
Scholar
#10 Old 10th Jan 2009 at 8:32 AM
Lol, we were on a biology trip once and my teacher decided to identify different types of seaweed - eating some of them in the process (after washing them, of course) - and then stuck one of them out to me out of the blue and went "You look like the type to eat seaweed" Lol, all because I let a spider crawl over my arm....

Oh, and best/ever slip, we were solving a maths problem involving inverse trigonometric functions (cot, sec, cosec) and we were working as a class and just making suggestions to work through this difficult question in the book and our teacher was standing at the board, and someone made a suggestion, and her response was;
"Well, if you use that rule, you'll end up having secs in there, girls" (I know it's immature, but it made us laugh like hell)

"Life is just a chance to grow a soul" - A. Powell Davies
Instructor
#11 Old 11th Jan 2009 at 12:36 AM
I used to have the coolest maths teacher 2 years ago. Even though she was the best teacher in school, she was also the loudest. One day when she had a sore throat she couldn't yell when some guys in the back were talking. So, as they mind their own business, the teacher grabs a chalk and throws it at the guys.

Even though I thought the opposite, my croatian teacher's wicked. As all my classmates love chewing gum in class and it's forbidden, whenever she notices someone with a gum in their mouth she goes; "Damn you're ugly, I can't even look at you!"
And just before winter holidays, when we were supposed to be graded, a girl walked up to the teacher with a box of some "anti-stress" pills and asked her if she can go outside and take the pills. The teacher took the pills and said, "What do you need them for? I'm the one who's giving grades in here, I'll need a full box of these!"

Most of my teachers are pretty much random.
#12 Old 11th Jan 2009 at 4:21 AM
Well as I considered this, I couldn't bring it down to just one. I had two.

Mrs. Davis
: I had her for English II my sophomore year and beneath the seemingly gruff exterior was a dedicated professional, who encouraged me to use my imagination. (All the while my parents were trying to get me to arrest some of that imagination! ;-) ) she encouraged me to apply my abilities and go beyond the average. Her sarcastic, wry humor was something I always looked forward to even when I hadn't done my homework ... again.

Mrs. Delano: "Joanie" as we fondly called her in Journalism class. ;-) As the Editor of the school paper that Junior year, I was responsible for overseeing the group of totally crazy and whacked out students that kept Joanie in a constant state of stitches and laughter. and also on her guard to proofread everything at least twice before letting it go to print for fear of reprisals from the administration should any of the crazies slip one through. We had a great time in that class and Joanie kept it fun, engaging and educational.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 11th Jan 2009 at 8:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Extensa5420
When I was in college, I had a funny math professor. He spoke English with a Czech/German accent, and he was very good with words. He told us to treat mathematics "like a beautiful girl". When talking about the curve's behavior and how it was going to negative infinity, he used the phrase: "The curve is going to hell" and pointed downwards.

That reminded me, I had a geography/history teacher like that. He used to say revision was like sex; a little, often is better than a lot all at once. And that with history you have to treat it like an Italian woman; always look at the bottom first.
I love mental teachers.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 12th Jan 2009 at 1:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Minted Bubbles
Well as I considered this, I couldn't bring it down to just one. I had two.

Mrs. Davis
: I had her for English II my sophomore year and beneath the seemingly gruff exterior was a dedicated professional, who encouraged me to use my imagination. (All the while my parents were trying to get me to arrest some of that imagination! ;-) ) she encouraged me to apply my abilities and go beyond the average. Her sarcastic, wry humor was something I always looked forward to even when I hadn't done my homework ... again.

Mrs. Delano: "Joanie" as we fondly called her in Journalism class. ;-) As the Editor of the school paper that Junior year, I was responsible for overseeing the group of totally crazy and whacked out students that kept Joanie in a constant state of stitches and laughter. and also on her guard to proofread everything at least twice before letting it go to print for fear of reprisals from the administration should any of the crazies slip one through. We had a great time in that class and Joanie kept it fun, engaging and educational.

I love Mrs. Davis although I don't have her for English, she's great.

Banned
#15 Old 25th Feb 2012 at 2:26 AM
Way back in 2nd grade, my teacher was showing how to connect a to s in cursive. Well she wrote a and accidentally connected two s's to the end. When she wrote THAT on the board we laughed our heads off.
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 28th Feb 2012 at 1:17 PM
I had a grass fight with my teacher, mr castledine in year 6.

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn
Test Subject
#17 Old 5th Jun 2012 at 6:15 PM
In Year 6, we had the most infamous, scariest in the whole school, the deputy headteacher - and honestly, this is the time for the "dun, dun, duuuuun!" sort of music. But he was actually really kind and witty - although one memory sticks out in my head. For some reason we had some spare time so he took us out onto the school field to play a game of rounders. He was wearing leather shoes and the grass was wet so when he decided to be a good sport and have a go at batting, he went flying - it was quite funny...!
Field Researcher
#18 Old 5th Jun 2012 at 6:23 PM
My brother is a freaking genius. He took all Honors and AP throughout high school. Then along came me. I went to one of my new AP classes (A class he had taken two years before) to collect summer homework. The teacher smiled, checked for my name, saw the last name. Asked about the connection, I confirmed, and she began to bawl and sob about how she couldn't handle ANOTHER one, that she knew she should have retired this year and how she thought she finally rid herself of him. My brother got a great grade in this class. Sooo...What the hell did he do to this poor woman!?

My newspaper adviser is also hilarious. We do random shit all the time in the class, from playing Candyland to making lemonade.

Life Stage: Teen Traits: Hopeless Romantic, Computer Whiz, Couch Potato, Shy Partner: Ted
School: High School Career: Writing; Fan Fiction Drafter Miscellaneous: Rich; Scorpio