Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Mar 2007 at 2:18 PM Last edited by Katkabaal : 19th Mar 2007 at 3:18 PM. Reason: Update
Simpe mesh group importer
I am trying to create a custom podium using Simpe. I cloned the podium and now want to import it back in Simpe. First I get a warningmessage that the podium has to many polycounts, then The "mesh group importer" shows up and tells me to click the OK button. But this button is greyed out, so I can not go any further.

Is this because of the polycounts or does it have to do with the kind of object 'm cloning. any help will be greatly appreciated.

***EDIT***
I allready checked on the forum of SimPE website. It has one post with exactly the same problem in German. But there is no solution mentioned there.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 19th Mar 2007 at 3:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Katkabaal
I am trying to create a custom podium using Simpe. I cloned the podium and now want to import it back in Simpe. First I get a warningmessage that the podium has to many polycounts, then The "mesh group importer" shows up and tells me to click the OK button. But this button is greyed out, so I can not go any further.

Is this because of the polycounts or does it have to do with the kind of object 'm cloning. any help will be greatly appreciated.

***EDIT***
I allready checked on the forum of SimPE website. It has one post with exactly the same problem in German. But there is no solution mentioned there.

you have to activate Advanced mode, in preferences and the Ok button will be available :p
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Mar 2007 at 9:01 AM
Aaah thank you. I will try that. :p
Forum Resident
#4 Old 20th Mar 2007 at 10:39 AM
The solution is: lower the vertexcount of your object. The solution is not: circumvent the warning and import objects with hundreds of thousands of polys.

What's the vertex- and facecount?

happy simming,
Xanathon

Xanathon's Laboratory :: WishList

.: Do not harass me with requests via PM, you will only get ignored :.
.: Don't post my objects or objects derived from them on paysites or the exchange! :.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 6:41 PM
I did not change the original object, I just cloned it so I could alter the buycatalog
Part-time Hermit
#6 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 8:24 PM
If you're not changing the mesh at all, there is no need to export or import it. In fact, you should probably clone it with the "reference original mesh" cloning option selected, so that no mesh will be included in the package at all, and it will use the mesh from the original object.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 11th Nov 2007 at 6:59 AM
okay...where is that podium mesh ???
I just spend an hour, looking everywhere for it in SimPE....I found the cash register...but where is the podium ?...
and, is it possible to edit the mesh...completely (make a carpet...or something ?)
I turned the cash register into a row of books...it crashes my game...

please help ?

Thank you,
Rosemary :0)

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Field Researcher
#8 Old 13th Nov 2007 at 10:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
okay...where is that podium mesh ???
I just spend an hour, looking everywhere for it in SimPE....I found the cash register...but where is the podium ?...
and, is it possible to edit the mesh...completely (make a carpet...or something ?)
I turned the cash register into a row of books...it crashes my game...

please help ?

Thank you,
Why would you use the cash register as a base for books??
You should always use the same type of objects when you clone, for a decorative item, you should only use decorative objects as clone base - There's no need to make things more complicated than necessary!
BTW the podium is located in the Unknown category

Life's a game, so let's play!
Mad Poster
#9 Old 13th Nov 2007 at 7:34 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 13th Nov 2007 at 8:23 PM. Reason: NO CAN DO...
OH really ?...i looked in the unknown category...and didn't find it...is it called "podium" ?

By the way...the cash regster creates clerks right ?...but it dosen't fit a "day care center" decor...lol
I wanted to turn it into something that fits the decor...a bit more...( i am turning my clerks into toddlers...you see ? lol)
But i guess...because of the joints, there is no hope for me, to change the mesh that much....

Thank you,

Well, I just checked again...no podium in my SimPE...what could go wrong ?
I have Night Life...and i can see cars..etc, but no podium...and besides the cash register, and the Chef's stove, the podium would be the only one that creates clerks, and by the way...i cannot find the Chef's stove(community) neither !
Am I stupid ?
(you don't need to answer that...)

Field Researcher
#10 Old 23rd Nov 2007 at 8:16 AM
It'll be named whatever the actual name in the catalog is in game, so I'd suggest loading up the game, select one and see what the title of the object is - that *should* give you a clue as to where to start looking.

In all fairness, the poly count warnings aren't always logical, I've had the red 'your object is too hectic' type warnings on things that really don't warrant such a warning because the count doesn't exceed 800 f/v per tile.

The cash register does spawn the clerk, although for O4B+ it also includes all the options for it to be used by the owner to assigned to another person by the owner if its set up as an owned business. I'm not sure how you go about setting up a custom NPC for a cash register, its something I've been trying to find out to no avail for some time, all the associated tutorials seem to deal with stand-alone NPC's rather than ones linked to objects and I'm nowhere near smart enough to figure it out for myself . Though of course if you do sort all that out your toddler can't actually perform the clerk interactions because those don't exist in the game.

www.parsimonious.org
Artists - Get your own Studio! Always be featured!
Mad Poster
#11 Old 23rd Nov 2007 at 11:28 PM
that is true...and i don't have O4B...
the reason why i turn the clerks into toddlers, isin't to have them perfome a clerk interaction...lol
it is for the sake of my day care center...to populate it with NPC, instead of townies...cuz once turned into toddlers, the townies just want to leave, and complain, because they can't !
on the other hand, an NPC turned into a toddler, will be just fine !...and you can even interact with them, through some objects...
and using Boolprop....\ make selectable, then they have alot to do !....
my sims can now GO TO WORK !...for real ! LOL

but yeah....a cash register on a conter, does not fit the decor of a day care center, and this is why...i was looking for the podium, probably easier to make it work ingame, when the mesh is altered....
anyways !...alot of words...lol

OH ! thanks you all for the infos !..I'll load the game, and note the podium name....