Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#51 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 6:21 AM
Though you did pointed out the flaw of LGR, not all reviewers in the first comment before I came quoting. Of course, that shiuld be understandable why I would misunderstand you there.

Sure it doesn't, but he's at least makes pros and cons conhesively and that's find to like him that much and give him the name of real "reviewer".
Advertisement
Instructor
#52 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 12:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Though you did pointed out the flaw of LGR, not all reviewers in the first comment before I came quoting. Of course, that shiuld be understandable why I would misunderstand you there.

Sure it doesn't, but he's at least makes pros and cons conhesively and that's find to like him that much and give him the name of real "reviewer".

Again you really don't have to justify his existence to me I'm already well aware that he's a good reviwer I promise.
Scholar
#53 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 5:19 PM
he's the best reviewer i've ever seem

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 4:03 AM
I don't know if this guy is promoted by EA, but I occasionally like to watch SimSupply's videos when a new pack comes out. Otherwise, LGR is my favorite because he is always skeptical and weighs the pros and cons of every pack.

I have to admit, his last video on the Cats & Dogs EP made me tear up a little when he started talking about his cat that passed away recently...
Mad Poster
#55 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 7:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lilyjosephine
I don't know if this guy is promoted by EA, but I occasionally like to watch SimSupply's videos when a new pack comes out.

James? Or Flabaliki? Or Whatever the hell he goes by now? Oh yeah, he's definitely one of EA's. He was one of their first ones. Though they aren't the ones promoting him. He promotes them

That said, he is the most tolerable of the Yibsims, or Game Shakers, or whatever the hell they go by now. I definitely don't get the "ZOMG, EVERYTHING IN THIS GAME IS BRIGHT AND RAINBOWS!" vibe from him that I get from a lot of the other ones who are unofficially employed by EA. At least not as often.

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
#56 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 9:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
James? Or Flabaliki? Or Whatever the hell he goes by now? Oh yeah, he's definitely one of EA's. He was one of their first ones. Though they aren't the ones promoting him. He promotes them
That said, he is the most tolerable of the Yibsims, or Game Shakers, or whatever the hell they go by now. I definitely don't get the "ZOMG, EVERYTHING IN THIS GAME IS BRIGHT AND RAINBOWS!" vibe from him that I get from a lot of the other ones who are unofficially employed by EA. At least not as often.

Agreed. He was also the only one of them who had issues with the ballpit. You know the one.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
dodgy builder
#57 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 10:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Agreed. He was also the only one of them who had issues with the ballpit. You know the one.

Oh, he had BIG issues with the ballpit. He's not always so pro-EA as many of the others. He seems to be better at negotiating the red line they use, or perhaps he's just better at negotiating, I don't know. He's been around for a long time. He used to hang around here learning technical stuff for TS3.

Flabaliki was a part of a duett I think, and the other part of the duett vanished and then he took over Simsupply. Using his own name is rather recent. It seems to be a trend using one's real name.
Mad Poster
#58 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 11:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Flabaliki was a part of a duett I think, and the other part of the duett vanished and then he took over Simsupply. Using his own name is rather recent. It seems to be a trend using one's real name.

I like Flabs much better than TheSimSupply. Flabs is a pretty cool guy. Flabs is genuine and down-to-earth, especially in his GTA Online videos. TheSimSupply is the boring, family-friendly one.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
dodgy builder
#59 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 12:45 PM
I like Flabs much better than TheSimSupply. Flabs is a pretty cool guy. Flabs is genuine and down-to-earth, especially in his GTA Online videos. TheSimSupply is the boring, family-friendly one.

He ... LOL, there's only one of them left on the scene unless I'm mistaken. The other one is MIA.
Mad Poster
#60 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 1:40 PM
Who's Flabs? James/SimSupply/Flabiliki?
Mad Poster
#61 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 1:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
He ... LOL, there's only one of them left on the scene unless I'm mistaken. The other one is MIA.

James actually has a third channel too, he's been using it for vlogs that I don't really care about. But yeah, TheSimSupply's gotten pretty boring. He did a bunch of TS3 livestreams recently that were fun, but before that the most recent thing of his I've watched was the Rags to Riches(?) series he did in TS4 where his goal was to get a pool and a kid. There were a bunch of lesbians and someone died in a fire, I think. Regular, boring TS4 stuff. Not sure how anyone could binge watch that sort of thing.

I wish Robbaz did more TS3 videos because they've always been fantastic. There's a bunch of fat, gay rednecks and they Make Lucky Palms Great Again by murdering everyone and setting things on fire...but somehow he still ends up building new lots all the time. And he's pretty good at it, too. He only does a couple of them every year now, unfortunately.

So there's TheSimSupply and Robbaz who have done good TS3 series semi-recently, and maybe a couple I've never heard of, but the rest are all into TS4 now. Shame.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#62 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 2:33 PM
I wonder whenever Quxxn would enjoy TS4 If she was still with us. She was my favorite youtuber and probably one of best sim players there was out let's playing.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 3:12 PM Last edited by Pillowkitty6 : 19th Nov 2017 at 4:10 PM.
Wish there were more active "comedian/goofy/themed" type let's playing going (Humor of course not leaning on unfamiliarity/ineptitude with the series), unless someone knows of one ongoing?

Off hand I remember:
MadameWario (Sims 2 Pets - Finished/Over)
Robbaz (Sims 3 Redneck Brothers w/ Butler Bertram, Dropped Sims 4)
TheGamingLemon (Sims 4 Nigel Thornberry - Not very active/Hiatus?)

Andrew Arcade during the Sims 3 Ambitions was a lot of fun! (Episode 15's Intro really stuck with me) His recent stuff while not bad isn't anywhere near as fun to watch.

Edit: Forgot about CaptainSauce (Sims 4 The Life of Kevin)

Quote:
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life — internet and cats. 🎮 + 🐱 = 😇 Link To My Sims 3 Warrior Cat Setup
dodgy builder
#64 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 3:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Who's Flabs? James/SimSupply/Flabiliki?

James is quite educational, that's what I usually see. I wanted to know how to make a restaurant work and he did a series on that. Tought me a lot: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheSimSupply

He also does other games, like Cities Skylines.
Mad Poster
#65 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 4:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pillowkitty6
Wish there were more active "comedian/goofy/themed" type let's playing going (Humor of course not leaning on unfamiliarity/ineptitude with the series), unless someone knows of one ongoing?

Off hand I remember:
MadameWario (Sims 2 Pets - Finished/Over)
Robbaz (Sims 3 Redneck Brothers w/ Butler Bertram, Dropped Sims 4)
TheGamingLemon (Sims 4 Nigel Thornberry - Not very active/Hiatus?)

Andrew Arcade during the Sims 3 Ambitions was a lot of fun! (Episode 15's Intro really stuck with me) His recent stuff while not bad isn't anywhere near as fun to watch.

Edit: Forgot about CaptainSauce (Sims 4 The Life of Kevin)

Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
I've been watching Andrew Arcade lately. He's a big fan of TS1 and always comes up with weird stories regardless of which version of the sim he plays.

Imma my write on my to-check-out list. I use to watch damo2986 made interesting let's plays for TS3, and for short time of a while playing TS4. Mhhh... finding this interesting pattern that a few veteran simmers (such as ipodzeke, sim loser) had lose their interesting in let's playing or doesn't seem to have the appeal of TS4 game, as there aren't a lot of efforts put in from these my three exfavorite youtubers into TS4's expansion pack dedicated series.
Mad Poster
#66 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 4:48 PM
Turns out making a good let's play is difficult as well, anyway.
And I'm not talking about the audiovisual side of it. That takes time to set up and to figure out what looks and sounds good, but ultimately you can set it up and then never look at it again.

It's very difficult to know what to do, what to say, where to go, and how to keep it interesting. Today I can't record for more than 15 seconds without second-guessing myself or wanting to delete everything. I personally need to be in a REALLY good mood to get anything done, and I'm just not in that kind of mood. I rarely am. I'm usually just kind of fine-ish, which isn't good enough. If I'm not in that really good mood, I end up sounding bored and anxious and I'm tripping over my words every sentence.

The worst part of it, I guess, is talking and playing at the same time. I'm pretty good at talking and pretty good at playing, but terrible at both simultaneously. So I have to do all my recording on those days when I'm really well-rested, confident, and full of energy. But not too full or I'll be all over the place.

So as much as I like to think that you can just record an edit a video like it's nothing, and be an amazing, entertaining, funny YouTuber, it takes a little more than that.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#67 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 12:47 AM
I watch LGR and that is it. I have tried to watch a few other folks and their voices are so darn irritating to me, the camera movement so jerky, or they are so darn boring, or whatever, I do not last even 5 minutes. I don't watch let's play either as I would rather watch paint dry than watch someone else play. Something has to be totally unique such as when deadly toddlers was introduced for me to watch it. That was darn funny. But to watch someone else just play...... I would rather be playing myself or doing numerous other things.
dodgy builder
#68 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 9:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I watch LGR and that is it. I have tried to watch a few other folks and their voices are so darn irritating to me, the camera movement so jerky, or they are so darn boring, or whatever, I do not last even 5 minutes. I don't watch let's play either as I would rather watch paint dry than watch someone else play. Something has to be totally unique such as when deadly toddlers was introduced for me to watch it. That was darn funny. But to watch someone else just play...... I would rather be playing myself or doing numerous other things.

I sometimes do both. I "watch" someone play while I play myself. Then if they say something I want to see, I switch with tab. Most of the time I might just as well listen to radio or music. I sometimes learn about options I didn't know existed that way.

Turns out making a good let's play is difficult as well, anyway.
And I'm not talking about the audiovisual side of it. That takes time to set up and to figure out what looks and sounds good, but ultimately you can set it up and then never look at it again.

It's very difficult to know what to do, what to say, where to go, and how to keep it interesting. Today I can't record for more than 15 seconds without second-guessing myself or wanting to delete everything. I personally need to be in a REALLY good mood to get anything done, and I'm just not in that kind of mood. I rarely am. I'm usually just kind of fine-ish, which isn't good enough. If I'm not in that really good mood, I end up sounding bored and anxious and I'm tripping over my words every sentence.

The worst part of it, I guess, is talking and playing at the same time. I'm pretty good at talking and pretty good at playing, but terrible at both simultaneously. So I have to do all my recording on those days when I'm really well-rested, confident, and full of energy. But not too full or I'll be all over the place.

So as much as I like to think that you can just record an edit a video like it's nothing, and be an amazing, entertaining, funny YouTuber, it takes a little more than that.

Oh yes, talking about shit while you do something that is only valid as one persons entertainment, takes guts and just skills in comedy and you probably need to be an entertaining and popular person in real life. I say probably because some very rare people might manage to be someone else talking on LetsPlay like that. You are trying to entertain people after all.

I tried it on some videos, but I have more than enough with just building and mentaining my blog. Now I have school as well.
dodgy builder
#69 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 11:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
Just because I have a LP on, doesn't mean I'm sitting in front of the computer like a drone. I pay bills, order from Amazon, clean, cook, ect...

Yes, that's just it, do I wanna see a film on Netflix or a Lets Play?
Instructor
#70 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 2:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
he's the best reviewer i've ever seem

Now that's just untrue, Digibro is the best reviewer not of video games mind you but still.
Mad Poster
#71 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 10:49 AM
Well if we're talking reviewers, someone's got to mention Ashens.

insert signature here
Page 3 of 3