Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Apr 2015 at 8:26 PM Last edited by lizziemay : 14th Apr 2015 at 9:12 PM.
Apartment Not Valid Query
Hello.

I've never had any problems with this apartment not valid stuff, in fact I've never heard of this issue till now. This is the reason why I'm struggling to sort it out.

I am having fun with a build a city challenge and would like to see some semi-detatched lots around the neighbourhood since my own street is full of them. Anyway, I began building and when I was finally finished I came across that oh-so-fateful error.

Here are some pictures:

Front

Back

Second Floor

Top Floor/Attic

The things I have tried are:

- Removing the spiral staircase and replacing it with elevators to see if that helps
- Making sure all the rooms have doors (this was the first thing I did and noticed that the right-house (number 2 shall we say?) had no doors to the second floor rooms. But adding in doors did not fix the issue.)
- Moving the raised patio to the back-garden across one so the fencing goes all the way around
- Deleting the apartment doors and replacing them (I don't have BV installed so using the wrong door is not the issue there)
- Checking that the apartment doors face the right way (with the doormat on the outside)
- Deleting a back garden tree (just in case...)

I have a feeling it's going to be the patio at the back or the area at the front but here's hoping there's a work around. I'm really hoping it's not the fact that there are just 2 "apartments"

I hope someone can help. I'm going to try and build a semi-detatched house with no foundation whilst I wait for a reply. *One on flat ground worked. This makes me wonder if it's the foundation connections that are the issue. Perhaps with the back area?

Thank-you for reading

EDIT:

I've also just tried

- Moving the garden down one to see if the fact that it's touching the very back of the lot is the problem. No luck.

I have now uploaded the lot to my dropbox account. If you want to see for yourself in game what the problem may be, or if you like the house and want to use it go here.
Advertisement
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Apr 2015 at 12:05 AM
You need to use the invisible fence on the back foundation.

Apartments on foundations with private backyards

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...