Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Apr 2015 at 3:44 AM
Default Huge Apartment Building?
So, hey there!
I've been uploading neighborhood terrains and real estate for a while now, all Sims 2, mostly without CC.
I used to love having a HUGE CC folder with everything I could ever dream of, but sadly, my computer was not up for running smoothly like that.
So, alright, after many frustrating mid-game crashes, I decided to walk away for a bit and cool off.

Eventualy, I started simming again and wall was good This time, though, I wanted to try making things the the minimum ammount of CC posible. I've made tons of buildings which I'm slowly posting over here. It's really interesting trying to make things look good and work without resorting to all of your brilliant creations, but I'm game

Long intro but anyway, my buildings have gotten more complex overtime and I spend a lot of time making sure everything's just right so that I can share.
I guess, I've haven't really played in a looooong time because I'm more focused on building, so after long nights on my last creation, a HUGE apartment complex with about half of it's units furnished, I'm mostly set to upload when I realize... OH CRAP, YOU CAN'T PLAY 26 HOUSEHOLDS IN THE SAME BUILDING, YOU DOOFUS! I mean, I hadn't intended on playing 26 apartments, I hadn't even realized there were that many but hey, 5 or 6 might be interesting...

Anyways, just wanted to talk a little about this project and see what you guys think. Should I upload? Should I just leave it for my private collection? Will, your computer even run smoothly with it? I mean, no CC, but it's still huge (I get exited with big lots and then have this problem. SEE HERE)

Either way, I just want some input guys I did not necesarilly set out to creat a monster, I just wanted to recreate a building in my RL neighborhood
Screenshots
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 3rd Apr 2015 at 8:22 PM Last edited by ScaryRob : 4th Apr 2015 at 11:38 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Stellmaria
OH CRAP, YOU CAN'T PLAY 26 HOUSEHOLDS IN THE SAME BUILDING, YOU DOOFUS!

Doesn't matter, the unplayed apartments will be occupied by townies.
I've got a 23-apartment building that I eventually plan on uploading, plus another with 24, plus another with 40 mini-apartments.
These things do require some playtesting, making sure you've got enough elevators to avoid traffic jams and that kind of thing. You can pretty much turn them into hotels, with common areas that have all sorts of activities for your active families and townies. I always feel sorry for the landlord.

I would say playtest the Lot, in both residential mode (to make sure everything works and is accessible in all the apartments) as well as apartment mode (to make sure nothing weird happens with townies) and then upload it if everything works reasonably well.
Even people who will never actually play the Lot might want to put it in their hood just for the look of it.

Edit: I've also got my Eldorado Court uploaded, which has 10 units. I've got the interior for that one redesigned to make each bedroom "Quiet" - that is, without walls to adjoining apartments. I just need to do the actual work and upload it. I'm actually planning a set of 3 large apartment Lots in the Eldorado theme, along with a Community Lot for shopping and activities and maybe even a park.

Here are some neighborhood pics of the above-mentioned apartment houses that are in progress: