Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 10:47 AM Last edited by SymphonySim : 4th Feb 2015 at 1:05 PM.
A Building questions to solve issues
Greetings,

I'm modding a building in the game to suit my sims needs and I'm facing a little issues which I wonder if someone might help me with.

Angled door

I'd like to put a door at a 45 degree angle however the cheat isn't helping much.. the door does of course turn at at the angle however I just can't manage to have it fixed on the wall.. It seems it would only if the wall would be at least 2 squares long and so fit in the middle, but my wall is only 1 square long.. so trying to fix the angled door on it, it remains at a distance from it..

I'm not sure if I'm explaining it well or if one understand what I mean ?

Thank you!
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 11:21 AM
Some pictures would help us know what you are saying ,because I'm not really getting the last half.

Some doors can be placed on a diagonal and some can't. You need your cheats to be off when placing it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 1:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Some pictures would help us know what you are saying ,because I'm not really getting the last half.

Some doors can be placed on a diagonal and some can't. You need your cheats to be off when placing it.

I've found what the issue was about the second half and so deleted the question lol. It's that there are two base for building on, the foundation and the deck. When texturing them, one uses the upper part of the texture whilst the other rather uses the bottom part.. I had used the wrong base and why the identical texture didn't seem to match..

About the door, I don't understand your answer.. you explain that all cheats should be off for it to work, BUT how can it work placing the door at a 45 degree angle if the 45 degree angle cheat is not on ? It's a paradox... or am I missing something ?

..and thank you for your reply, much appreciated
Mad Poster
#4 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 5:36 PM
The 45-degree-angle cheat is for placing objects at an angle, since you're just plunking them down wherever you want them. When it comes to doors and windows though, they have to snap into the wall to work properly, and the game will do that itself, so long as there aren't any cheats messing with placement going on. They do still need the proper length walls to snap into though (i.e., 2 diagonal wall segments for a 2-tile window). As I recall, this only works for standard windows though- no 2-story windows or doors, and no bay windows (though I could be wrong on this bit)

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.