Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#26 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 2:07 AM
Thanks for the support!

Now that I've got Late Night, it'll be much more convenient to create the sets for the upcoming chapters, so I'll be doing it. Give me a while.
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#27 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 3:59 AM
Hi guys, sorry for the long delay. I'm gonna start working on the next chapter really soon. Just thought I should mention some changes. After installing Late Night, my Sunset Valley save file was apparently screwed up so I had to delete it along with everything I had in it. Luckily I'd saved my characters to the bin beforehand (except for Emily, which I recreated and will look a little different), and now I'm shifting them to Twinbrook, rather than Bridgeport. Stay tuned
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 10:05 AM
hey ur really good at writing stories! =))
keep it up!
<3
Test Subject
#29 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 3:44 PM
This is the best story I've read in a while.
You're good. I'll be waiting for the coming chapters.
Instructor
Original Poster
#30 Old 24th Nov 2010 at 4:04 PM Last edited by dutch_1991 : 29th Nov 2010 at 12:17 PM.
Default Chapter 4: The Invisible Crossroad

Chapter 4
The Invisible Crossroad
"I'm sorry, Angela."

"Eat this!"

Angela splashed water at her best friend. Despite being fearsome as she usually was, Angela Doom appeared nothing unlike a playful and harmless little child at the pool. Since she was a kid, Angela had always found joy in swimming. It soothed her thoughts, cleared her mind and brought her body to life, at least while she was in the water. One good way to calm Angela's nerves was to get her to the local swimming complex, where she had once made friends with a sworn mortal enemy - well, before she became hostile again and broke his nose the following week, that is. And the best way was, of course, to get Wallace to accompany her to the local swimming complex.

"Oh no you don't!"

Wallace struck back by continuously splashing water at Angela until she started shrieking. Thanks to the fact that the two had chosen to hang out here on a Monday, there were not many people around to be disturbed by the noises they were making, except for the lifeguard on duty, who kept shaking his head watching two adults acting all childish. However, there was a tinge of sadness hidden deep inside Angela's eyes, behind her mask of laughter and nonchalance, and Wallace did not miss it. Remotely sensing its source, he decided it would be best to shelf his concerns for the moment.

"So, why did you call me out again today?" Angela asked after their laughing feast that followed the water fight, "I'm starting to get bored of seeing your ugly mug."

Wallace had to admit to himself that despite her possible troubled thoughts, Angela's wicked sense of humor remained impeccable. He regained his composure and responded. "I was supposed to spend last night with you. I'm making up for that."

Angela rolled her eyes, "Whoever said I wanted to spend the night with you?" She knew she did, and her tone gave her away.

"Touché." Wallace smiled and nodded understandingly. "How was fight club then?"

The question caught Angela off guard. She was obviously not at the fight club the previous night, and the images of what she saw at the White Sands came gushing back like painful blows to her heart. Her liveliness was gone for one split second.

"I-- What's there to ask? I had them all at my mercy." She was stiff in her answer. Realizing so, she quickly changed the topic to whatever came to mind at that moment, "Tell me about your party." Angela quickly regretted her question, for she knew she was in for a lot of pain if the story about that gorgeous new girl was to be brought up.

To her dismay, Wallace seemed especially excited, although he tried to look as neutral as he could. In fact, he was dying to let it out, and Angela was the only one he trusted enough. As both of them climbed up the pool ladder, Wallace replied, "Well, most of it was extremely boring for me," as a safety precaution to prevent the quick-tempered friend from thinking he had fun without her, "but things took a turn for the better." It was difficult to contain the gleefulness in his voice.

"Care to elaborate?" Angela asked while drying herself off with a large towel, trying her best to avoid eye contact.

"My dad's speech was...awe-inspiring." Wallace was looking for a sublter way to get to the point.

"Uh-huh."

"And I was approached by this guy, Eric or something, I can't quite recall now. Anyway, dude said he was a sur--"

"And then?" Angela wanted him to cut to the chase, just so that this whole conversation would be over and done with as quickly as possible, and she could leave before her emotions overflowed.

Very hard to spot, but Wallace appeared to have blushed a little as he was about to mention Catherine. "Well, alright. You remember miss Agnes Esperanza?"

Vague images of a childhood memory of the two breaking into Agnes Esperanza's home and raiding the kitchen crossed Angela's mind. "Yeah, I remember her fridge alright. What about her?"

"She has a daughter." He replied with a wide grin across his face.

Angela felt as if her gut had been cut multiple times with a knife after hearing that sentence. "She has a daughter," she bitterly repeated the words.

"Yeah." Wallace continued with great excitement, "Well, since Agnes moved away from our old neighborhood a really long time ago, I kinda forgot all about her. But she showed up last night at the party."

"She was invited?" Angela played along.

"She was the plus one. Her daughter was invited."

"Right." A ball of jealousy was stuck in Angela's throat. She found it distasteful that she was going to lose her best friend, for the first time since forever, to some girl he barely knew. She demanded to know what qualities this girl possessed and she did not, "And what's so special about her?"

"She's like you," He spoke with complete honesty, "Smart, gutsy and cynical." Wallace chuckled.

Although it was not displayed on her face, Angela had died a little more inside. All this time, she had been right in front of him and yet she was most definitely losing him to someone that was, ironically, similar to herself. Part of her was furious with Wallace for fear that he was going to replace her with a shiny new girl, while another part deeply regretted that she had never found enough courage to make her true feelings known. Forcing herself to smile, Angela quietly replied, just to let him know she was still listening. "Oh."

It would not take a too perceptive person to notice Angela was not being her usual self, and Wallace immediately got a rough idea of where the problem lay. He hesitated to continue. Seeing as her facial expressions might be giving her away, Angela raised an eyebrow and attempted to get back in character, "Well if she's just like me then this girl isn't so special now, is she?" She slapped in a sloppy half-smile.

"She's a rising singer. Got herself a few contracts, all on her own. Has a past full of ups and downs, and unique perspectives on the world." Wallace's thoughts seemed to be focusing solely on Catherine for the moment. "Best part is, she's ready to take the world on. Her own way."

Angela was apparently upset by this. She had given up on chasing her dreams long ago. Trouble making and adrenaline rushes were her means to escape from the cold brutality of the real world. Despite her understanding that Wallace had not made a deliberate comparison between her and the new girl, Angela hated to have to admit her own shortcomings. She unconsciously frowned, and Wallace did not let that slip his sights either. "So, yeah. I just thought she was pretty cool is all." He added.

"Go on." Almost an autonomous reply coming from Angela. She did not want a breakdown in front of him and tried to put up a tough front.

Wallace was silent for a second. He stared at Angela, who was avoiding his direct gaze, as if thinking hard about something.

"I'm meeting up with her later for dinner. To talk, and discuss stuff about her career." He resumed.

The statement was like a slap in Angela's face. She could feel herself snapping. Sadness and what seemed to be jealousy were swelling inside her, and she had to draw out every ounce of willpower she had left to keep her body from trembling. Pride kept Angela from walking away that very moment, and she was also afraid she might lose him forever if she did. "Nothing's actually happened yet. She's just some girl," she thought to herself, "he'll lose interest in her very soon--"

Wallace cut right through that thought of hers. "This has never happened before, but I think I might've met the right person."

Like a splash of cold water, his honest admittance had snuffed out any last bit of her small glimmers of hope. She was on the verge of whimpering in pain. She bit her lips shut to keep her voice boxed in, then flashed a poorly done fake smile and nodded. One could immediately tell Angela was a terrible actress.

To make matters worse, it was today that Wallace appeared uncharacteristically insensitive. Where he would have normally backed off and left her alone, he went on and suggested something else instead. "Hey, I've got something I want to show you later." Wallace spoke as he took their clothes from the locker and handed Angela hers.

"Sure." Angela's voice was soulless. The emotional torture had made her mind fatigued. She sluggishly took her things and walked into the female shower.

It was a twenty-minute drive from The City's local swimming complex to the Central Industrial District, during which Wallace and Angela sat in silence. The only sounds were made by the hot and humid afternoon winds blowing at their faces and cars in the opposite lane zooming by.

The Central Industrial District was located at a unique position on The City map. Accounting for about half of The City's rapid development in the past decade, this highly industrialized area consisted of high rise factories and advanced research facilities, together with its ever so fast-paced activities. Five of Wallace's production firms were also located here. The District was surrounded by an extensive forest range and isolated from the other parts of the City by the Northlight River, which ran through the whole country.

Instead of entering the District and parking his car where almost a thousand others did every day, Wallace took a left turn and drove straight into the woods when they were only a couple kilometers away from the District's main gate. Angela's visions were blurred by her jumbled up thoughts and she did not bother to ask where they were really heading. This forest was always known for its extraordinarily tall trees and their wide green crowns. Upon entering, it would give one the illusion that he had been trapped inside an unsolvable maze. However, Wallace seemed to be maneuvering his ways through the woods with ease, as if he had been here many times before. He killed the engine as they reached the edge of a rocky slope covered in green moss. In front of their eyes lay what looked like a concrete wall that was as tall as the trees and extended around one hundred meters within the woods.

"We're here." Wallace said.

"What exactly are we looking at?" Angela was not the slightest bit interested in the structure she saw. Her mind was already occupied.

A sense of pride suddenly appeared in Wallace's voice. He sounded almost as if bragging, "You told me the other day that I should, y'know, rule the world. So I've decided that I should let you know."

"Hmm?"

"This is a facility," he looked up at the wall-like structure, which turned out to look more like an enclosed military base, "where I've been dev--"

"Oh shut up." At this point, Angela could not take it anymore. "I can't believe you had to choose to go on about yourself now!"

Wallace did not have time to react.

"I'm outta here." For a short moment there, a drop of tear could have been seen rolling down Angela's cheek as she turned and walked off. Her left hand was covering her mouth to prevent herself from crying aloud.

"Let me take--"

"Fuck you."

"You could be lost in there!"

But she had disappeared into the forest.

He did not chase after her, for he knew Angela could find her way out. Instead, he stood there for another while, looking at the woods. His face was solemn. Pain ran through his veins. But his eyes were full of anticipation.

Wallace sighed.

"I'm sorry, Angela." He whispered to himself, before turning to look at the wall of his facility again.

It was a few minutes past seven o'clock in the evening when he showed up at the Wild West - West, for Wallace West, as he owned the place. Entering the dimly lit bar, one of The City's young people's favorite night time destinations, for its exotic drinks and dance floor, he scanned through the room, hoping to spot Catherine Esperanza. Before he could find her, Catherine had walked towards him, with a faint yet attractive smile on her lips. Wearing a casual everyday dress, unlike her usual stylish and eye-catching outfits, she still managed to show off the very fine curves of her nicely proportionate body, and mesmerized most people at the bar that night.

"You're late." She mouthed the words to Wallace. Much like Angela Doom, she enjoyed being the one on time, rather than being mad at the latecomer.

"I'm sorry," Wallace replied, "I had to fight my way through your fans to get here."

Catherine was once again amused by his wit. "I figured. So. What are we having for dinner?" A beautiful smile was displayed on her face as she asked.

"I've got that covered." He signaled for the bar manager to lead them to a luxurious reserved table, freshly served with the bar's most delicate dishes and finest wines. "Take a seat." He pulled out a chair and invited Catherine, who looked deeply impressed, to her seat like a true gentleman.

"This looks like something you would prepare for a date." Catherine remarked, "And we're not on a date, are we?" She winked.

"I'll make sure to do something else if we do have a date." Wallace sketched up a quick-witted response that could also be passed for a flirt. "So, let's talk about your latest album."

Catherine Esperanza was genuinely passionate about music. She had a firm grasp of musical theories and history, and studied her source materials thoroughly in preparation for every album. She had already projected a detailed plan on how she was going to secure and extend her fanbase, as well as land considerable record deals. Wallace listened to Catherine patiently while pointing out possibilities where he could make use of the contacts he had to assist her. Their conversation was strictly professional but nonetheless interesting, as both of them were charismatic in their own right.

As they were finishing up their dinner, one of Catherine's new ballads was played. Seeing as the song's tempo was not exactly fitting to be played in a night club, Catherine looked at Wallace and smiled appreciatively, knowing he was the one who requested for it. He nodded in recognition, and offered his hand. 'Would you like to--'

Before Wallace could finish the question, Catherine took his hand and pulled him towards the dance floor. "I thought you never asked!" She exclaimed as they walked past the loud speakers.

Catherine learned how to dance here and there in rocky past, mostly from the many boyfriends that she had gone through. A natural dancer, she did not miss a single step and followed a professionally trained Wallace West almost flawlessly. They were a graceful couple on the dance floor, and everyone else made way for them willingly.

"You definitely are better than the quarterbacks." Catherine murmured to herself.

"At what?"

"Dancing."

"You're really good at it yourself." He stepped closer to her as he replied.

"I know." Catherine Esperanza was happy. She had not had such a fun date for a long time. If only this were considered a date. In order to keep herself from giggling, she asked, "So what's your aspiration?"

Wallace seemed to take the question seriously and took a few seconds to formulate his answer. "I'm going to change this world."

"But you already have."

"Well, I'm looking for something different." He was not really looking at Catherine as he replied.

Sensing uneasiness, she pulled him from the dance floor towards an empty table nearby. "Well, I could be different." She then stepped on top of the table, to Wallace's surprise. "I'll show you the entertainment quality of an entertainer."

This was a pleasant night for many who were present at the Wild West. Not every night did they get to watch a good performer dance, let alone dance on a table top. Catherine Esperanza was a good performer, and an extremely sexy one at it. Wallace could hardly take his eyes off her wonderfully timed movements, the flow of her body and the attractiveness coming from her facial expressions. As the spontaneous routine ended, she received a round of standing ovation from everyone in the bar, including Wallace. He helped her down from the table, slightly gripping her arm as he did. "Wow. You're different," he whispered. Flattered and slightly embarrassed by all the applause she was getting, Catherine suggested they should get out of the bar.

It was nine o'clock and windy at the City Bridge. Connecting the Main Economic District with the residential area, it was understandable that this bridge was empty around this time in the evening, since most had either gone home or decided to spend the night at work. Overlooking the city, this was one of Wallace's favorite spots.

"It's nice tonight." Wallace said after a long exhalation. "I hope you've had a good time."

"I have. Thank you." Catherine replied softly. It seemed all the high from the bar had subsided, and replaced by calmness and a rare peace of mind. Finding someone around whom she could be herself had been difficult, but Catherine felt that person was finally here. She was glad they had met at the party the previous night.

"So what are you up to tomorrow?" Wallace asked while still looking at the brightly lit City Hall afar, his mind seemingly wandering off elsewhere, thinking of something bigger, further away.

"I don't know. I haven't actually made any plans." Catherine glanced at him.

Wallace joked, "I could ask you out again."

They both laughed.

He added, "No, really. You're incredible."

Catherine smiled and looked up at the starry sky. She quietly replied, as if talking to herself.

"You're alright. I think I'll keep you."

Phew! At last. Sorry for the really long delay. I was like, pretty caught up with stuff. I almost forgot what the story was about. Lol. xD

Anyway, this chapter seems to be at a relatively lower pace than the previous ones. But I believe it has a strong impact on how things will turn out next too.

Let me know what you think!
Instructor
Original Poster
#31 Old 8th Dec 2010 at 2:59 AM
Hi all, I'm currently having my hands full working on a manga project, so progress on this story would slow down quite a bit. I'd still love to receive feedback from you though, if any. Thanks.
Test Subject
#32 Old 17th Dec 2010 at 11:22 AM
hi there! just dropping by to say that, your story is one of the few Sims stories i've really, really, been following! all the best with your manga project! (:
Instructor
Original Poster
#33 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 3:22 PM
Sorry for the thread necromancy. Just felt I need to officially state that this story is dead-ish, considering I have uninstalled TS3. (However if I'm allowed to continue the story without the pictures and there is still someone out there reading, I am still willing to come back to it )
Page 2 of 2