Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 6:15 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sometimes a sim can't learn a life skill.
For an odd reason, sometimes a sim fails to learn a life skill (fire prevention/safety, anger management, etc.). What happens is when you direct a sim to study it, (s)he takes a book, seats down, and before it all cancels the skill bar only show momentarily. I haven't run of a mod conflict test yet (don't have it on my harddrive yet) and before I list down the mods I have (busy playing), as anybody ran into this or even manage to fix it? Would love to hear how you resolved the problem.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 10:51 PM
Try putting on testing cheats and see if you get an error message. It certainly sounds like a mod conflict, but of what I have no idea.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 11:09 PM
I've had this happen to me twice with book-related mods, and I just took them out. Apparently this is an easy thing to break.

Other people are using these mods fine, though, so it's probable that either changing the load order or looking further and finding which two (or more) mods are involved and choosing which one to take out would work, allowing me to keep the functionality I downloaded the mods for. I just haven't had the energy to do that much testing.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Alchemist
#4 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 11:59 PM
several hacks seem to be able to give the Apartment Life & Freetime skills to sims.
if you have any of them, you might check if those options work.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 5:06 PM
Have you tried cancelling the interaction and restarting it? One time my sim was taking way too long to get a skill point and eventually I noticed the skill bar wasn't moving at all. Never happened after that.

The thing where the skill bar disappears happens occasionally to me when teaching toddlers to walk, but they still make progress, so I ignore it.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 26th Oct 2018 at 3:23 PM
I had that same problem. http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=616044

Have you ever walked into a room & forgot why you went in there?
What if God is playing The Sims & he just cancelled your action.
Adopt-a-Sim My Creations My Tumblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Oct 2019 at 6:02 PM
Bump: issue keep reoccurring. Mine situation may different technically, since after seating down my Sim immediately leave/leave off their seat upon turning a book open and put it immediately back. Interesting, while putting it away, they have a thought bubble of their aspiration.

Will certaintly look for a mod that could be the cause of it.

Alchemist
#8 Old 27th Oct 2019 at 6:38 PM
I had this happen with a certain bookcase, though I can't remember which now. Have you tried a Maxis bookcase if you are using a CC one?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 29th Oct 2019 at 10:57 PM
I don't use CC furniture unless it's a modified object. Tried purchasing a new bookcase, still kept happening. Force erroring didn't help.

Anywho, I manage to resolve this issue (not saving and reloading the household?). Dunno the cause of it, but depending on my odds, it may sometimes occur and it may not.