Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#14476 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 8:48 PM
Moving graves is safe. Deleting or moving them to another neighborhood is the problem. All subhoods - including Downtowns - are part of the same neighborhood, and sims (graves are sims for these purposes) can move freely within the neighborhood.

The lot bin is outside all neighborhoods, with access to all of them, and a sim who is put there is deleted from the original neighborhood, which corrupts it.

The Family Bin for each neighborhood only exists in that neighborhood, so don't worry about moving your family into it. Just make sure that you've put anything you want the family to keep into their inventory. Beds and cars have code that makes them problematic to put into inventory, so leave those behind and replace them at the new place. Then go to neighborhood view, use the Move Family button to move them to the Family Bin, move them into the new house, and you're good to go.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#14477 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 9:54 PM
[QUOTE=smorbie1]Thanks Monijt1 and Bulbizarre! Everybody cross your fingers for me as I try to do this. We all know how good I am with technical stuff. But I want to get it moved to the new computer because I bought Sims 1 and want to use it on the computer that doesn't hit the net or have as much storage space.

Now, all together...I think I can, I think I can, I think I can......

I'm replying to myself for a reason. Okay, I downloaded the graphics rule fix, BUT it won't automatically go where I need it to. I looked on my old computer and can't find where it went. On UC I know it goes in Fun with pets/ep9. But where after that? My choices are control, res, and sys.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#14478 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 10:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
[QUOTE=smorbie1]Thanks Monijt1 and Bulbizarre! Everybody cross your fingers for me as I try to do this. We all know how good I am with technical stuff. But I want to get it moved to the new computer because I bought Sims 1 and want to use it on the computer that doesn't hit the net or have as much storage space.

Now, all together...I think I can, I think I can, I think I can......

I'm replying to myself for a reason. Okay, I downloaded the graphics rule fix, BUT it won't automatically go where I need it to. I looked on my old computer and can't find where it went. On UC I know it goes in Fun with pets/ep9. But where after that? My choices are control, res, and sys.

SP9 - TSData - Res - Config and CSconfig (remember to put both the files in both the config and csconfig) - hope it helps.
Mad Poster
#14479 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 10:52 PM
So... I'm weeding through my recolors, ya know - like you do... and I realize that my St Jocque single bed is NOT slaved to my Colonial Ironwood double bed.
Shouldn't they share the same textures? Is this an EAxis goof that I'm just now noticing? And, does anyone know where the fix is?

ALSO - Is anyone else having trouble "searching" for things. It's like my google-fu has flown the coop! I can't find anything anymore. I start my google search with: Sims 2, whatever, I'm searching for,... and all I get is ads - for everything except TS2 stuff. The other day I could search and find really well; but not today. *grrrr*

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#14480 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 10:55 PM
Sadly it doesn't. I can't figure out what to use. The leefish one for intel doesn't work, neither does the one at the graphics maker site. I'm not sure what to do now. I was going to try to copy the date from my device manager on here to see what people suggested, but it doesn't let me copy it. Thanks anyway. :3

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Test Subject
#14481 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 10:58 PM
Is it safe to delete a subhood if your sims already have relationships with people in that subhood (one of them worked for my sims and i thought i would want to play the subhood but i dont)
Mad Poster
#14482 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 11:48 PM
If you delete the subhood, all the sims in it will remain in the neighborhood. Those currently residing in the subhood will be moved to the Family Bin. So yes, it's safe to delete the subhood; but it may not do what you want it to.

If you don't want to play the sims from the subhood, restore from the back up you should have made before adding the subhood. If you didn't make a back up (you'll know better next time), kill them or make them into townies. Do not delete them.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14483 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 11:51 PM
I am not sure on that, but I think you will find all the sub hood sims tossed into your family bin in the main hood if you delete it. You can't get rid of sims unless you kill them and that stands for sub hood sims too. If it actually deleted them you would have a huge mass of corruption so large your hood would blow up the next time you loaded it. So if the plan is, "I hate these sims and want rid of them">delete sub hood, well that plan won't work. Toss the sims onto a bare lot on the edge of a hood and toss a prisoner tag from Simlogical in their inventory so you don't see them) or kill them all off.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#14484 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 12:48 AM
Thank you guys! I just wanted to be sure before i did anything
Mad Poster
#14485 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 9:11 AM
There may be problems deleting a sub-hood if any of the lots in the sub-hood contain graves or funerary urns.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Forum Resident
#14486 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 2:18 PM
Er, something's gone quite wrong...whenever I mouse over a selectable adult sim, the sim force errors. Anybody know how to fix this? D:
Scholar
#14487 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 2:48 PM
I had that problem with a Sim last night. I just used moveobjects on to delete her, saved, exited, and when I went back into the lot she was fine (deleting with moveobjects on is safe: it just removes the Sim from the lot, not the game. Then when you reload the lot, it resets and puts them back by the mailbox).
Mad Poster
#14488 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 5:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound
Er, something's gone quite wrong...whenever I mouse over a selectable adult sim, the sim force errors. Anybody know how to fix this? D:

This is a known bug in Monique's computer. If you use Monique's computer in your game, you need to remove a file named MQ_Computer_Global_Sims_Controller.package
This only removes the self-click menu functions - the computer itself will work just fine without this file.

If you don't use Monique's computer, you may have some other mod that's causing problems. If deleting the sim as suggested by BlueAlien doesn't fix your sim, you may want to run the Hack Conflict Detector or go through the 50/50 process to determine what's causing the problem.
Mad Poster
#14489 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 8:34 PM
Could the repoman or burglar trap someone by taking away the AL bookcase that functions as a secret door?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
#14490 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 8:40 PM
about repoman/burglar; I take there are certain BHAV lines that control which objects they can take. and similar with hired NPCs.
Alchemist
#14491 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 8:53 PM
@grammapat, I haven't been able to access modyourpanties either, lately so my guess is dead

@didyouevenmakeasound, that could be several different issues, so if it persists, I'd check your error log to see what may be causing the issues. If you have testing cheats on, a log should be generated in the TS2/Logs folder (I think that's what it's called)

@Primavera, I've looked over the visitor controller faq and I don't think so; I think visitor controller only affects walkbys and not those who are invited over via dialogs, etc. This would also make sense as other mods like the homework/bring friend mods affect who sims bring home and presumably you wouldn't want the mods to conflict. BUT, if there is a visitor controller on the lot, the sim might still get zapped.

Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
ALSO - Is anyone else having trouble "searching" for things. It's like my google-fu has flown the coop! I can't find anything anymore. I start my google search with: Sims 2, whatever, I'm searching for,... and all I get is ads - for everything except TS2 stuff. The other day I could search and find really well; but not today. *grrrr*

Yes! I've noticed this too. I think all of Google got an update, cuz I use google maps a lot at work to verify mailing objects and it's being very unhelpful. Maybe if we all complain, they'll change things back...

@Bulbizarre I wouldn't think burglars would be able to steal it, but knowing Maxis, I wouldn't be surprised

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Inventor
#14492 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
@Primavera, I've looked over the visitor controller faq and I don't think so; I think visitor controller only affects walkbys and not those who are invited over via dialogs, etc. This would also make sense as other mods like the homework/bring friend mods affect who sims bring home and presumably you wouldn't want the mods to conflict. BUT, if there is a visitor controller on the lot, the sim might still get zapped.

I have the Visitor Controller @Phantomknight, but I was talking about the Prisoner Token here . I read somewhere that the prisoner token can keep sims from going to community lots so I wonder if it does the same thing.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Alchemist
#14493 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 10:21 PM
In my experience, it won't stop them from being brought home, but zap them and make them leave if they show up.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14494 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 11:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound

@didyouevenmakeasound
Apart from what has been said(and before doing the work of a 50/50), make sure you didn't move house with beds or chairs in inventory; if you did try deleting them. Most times it's a bed carried over from one house to the other.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#14495 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 9:29 AM
Wait, what? You shouldn't put beds or chairs in a Sim inventory when they move out? o_O
Gosh, mine do that all the time, moving to a new house with the old furniture or gifting the old furniture to children who move out. Arrgggh.

The more I play this game (like measured in years) the more I learn about potentially dangerous normal gameplay.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14496 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 10:56 AM
If they give you no issue then don't worry, it isn't dangerous, but you can get a type of jump bug where the sim turns one direction than the other and not have all options towards other sims in the family. I only once had it with chairs, most times it's the adult's double bed and the bug is often times just one of the adults. I probably had it three times before I simply decided to always sell beds. It may be it happens to sims moving into a home other sims vacated. Something to do with sim references I am guessing. Selling the old bed and buying a new one has always fixed it.

You shouldn't put owned cars in inventory either. I think so long as you click and have no owner it's okay.

~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#14497 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 11:44 AM
It was a hood I wanted to restart, anyway, so I just deleted the hood. I get restless easily with hoods.

Actually, does anyone else have this problem where they find making hoods tedious, but then with playing premades, it's almost like you don't wanna mess up their story so you don't want to play them?
Mad Poster
#14498 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 4:52 PM
You can't "mess up" a sim's story. There is no story until you and your sims make it yourselves. The creators of a neighborhood set up the situation at the start of the story, but what happens is yours to control. You even have control over how they got to the current situation, since the bios, household descriptions, etc., are editable.

I know when I made Widespot, I deliberately wrote bios in such a way as to give the players maximum latitude to interpret the characters on their own. Is Valentine a dirty old man making excuses to the world, or a lonely widower arguing with his conscience? What would Rhett's reaction be if he realized that he believed in male privilege? Is Mary a saint, an idiot, a drudge - or a manipulator who plays the role of all three to get what she wants? Will Junior Mann grow up or take that martini? What do Lana and Junior know about Rich's business? And the great reward of creating Widespot is seeing what other people choose to do with the toys I gave them.

It wouldn't surprise me a bit to find that the creators of the Maxis hoods occasionally do searches to find out what people are doing with the characters they created, being delighted that they're still being enjoyed so much, and marveling at how many unexpected directions people have gone with them.

Forum Resident
#14499 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 5:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
You can't "mess up" a sim's story. There is no story until you and your sims make it yourselves. The creators of a neighborhood set up the situation at the start of the story, but what happens is yours to control. You even have control over how they got to the current situation, since the bios, household descriptions, etc., are editable.

I know when I made Widespot, I deliberately wrote bios in such a way as to give the players maximum latitude to interpret the characters on their own. Is Valentine a dirty old man making excuses to the world, or a lonely widower arguing with his conscience? What would Rhett's reaction be if he realized that he believed in male privilege? Is Mary a saint, an idiot, a drudge - or a manipulator who plays the role of all three to get what she wants? Will Junior Mann grow up or take that martini? What do Lana and Junior know about Rich's business? And the great reward of creating Widespot is seeing what other people choose to do with the toys I gave them.

It wouldn't surprise me a bit to find that the creators of the Maxis hoods occasionally do searches to find out what people are doing with the characters they created, being delighted that they're still being enjoyed so much, and marveling at how many unexpected directions people have gone with them.

Yep! I know all of that, but something in my mind just makes me think "Urrghhhh, I'm playing them all wrong! Most people do THIS with them!" or "Why am I doing this when I might want THIS to happen?"
I know its a stupid thing to think, but in the end, I just suck it up and play them how I like
Scholar
#14500 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 6:52 PM
Because there has so many general threads about randomizing your hood and college topics, I ask this on here.

For those who use randomize to set odds - How would you do that with College?
Apart from having that as a wants or aspiration, motivation inspired eien herrisons's blog and lifestyle, I'm not sure what % I should use for those sims I'm not quiet sure whether they should or shouldn't go. What kind of % or random number would you use whether a so go to college? For example:
Delaney Wentworth from Emerald Height is old enough now to enroll. He is Fam-Kno and wish to marry 6 kids. He is average motivated and from a family who was rich but end up in debt (simulated, they have about 50K in debt), but which to go to college. He currently live with one of his older sister helping her with her three kids and work part time as an athlete.

Example of rolls I use Random.Org wit 1-10 when a sims give birth - 10% 3.Complication, 30% Miscarriage 1,6,9, 10%,10. Death and 50% successful labor (2,5,4,7,8), but can't come up with an odds for college.
Page 580 of 1339