Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#7351 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 1:35 AM
No. They'll just vanish the next time the lot is loaded.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#7352 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 11:27 AM
Really? I haven't noticed that. I think I've done it. I have at least edited dorms and hotels, those changes stayed. But those lots are saveable too. I'll have to try with community lots just to make sure.

If that's true, I've "cleaned up" community lots in vain. I sometimes change community lots while I'm there and then change them back before I leave, when I do photoshoots.
Mad Poster
#7353 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 3:52 PM
Dorms and hotels are special cases. Unless they're owned, community lots aren't saved when a Sim leaves them. I've had stray pets completely trash one place and left and came back and it was all back to normal.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Instructor
#7354 Old 1st Jan 2019 at 2:26 PM
i remember from when i was a kid i thought that 4 of the sims musics https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mtf7pocKg-E (by "buy mode 1,2,3 and 4") was on the sims 2 music at some stupid point
when i was like 8 i saw my sister and cousins playing sims 2 (however i can't remember that they were playing the sims 1 but they used to play it though)
and i thought i heard these 4 music on the sims 2 so i mixed the sims music up when i thought they were playing sims 2

now i know these music's are playing on the sims (1) but as a kid i mixed them all up
i guess it could get worse
Alchemist
#7355 Old 1st Jan 2019 at 5:22 PM
Well, you could add the music to TS2. I know I've put some TS1 music in the Jazz station.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Top Secret Researcher
#7356 Old 1st Jan 2019 at 8:00 PM
You can actually hear the build songs from ts1 on the ts2 new age channel.
Inventor
#7357 Old 1st Jan 2019 at 9:06 PM
I told myself once I got my desktop set back up I would jump back in to my game and play (created some tv characters I wanna post here and they're waiting in my Bodyshop)... except I got Minecraft for Christmas and I've been playing that 24/7. It's kind of like Sims except it has monsters and you trade wool for emeralds :p

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#7358 Old 1st Jan 2019 at 9:21 PM
@Primavera - I suggest not looking into the modding scene for that, unless you want even more depleted hard drive space.

Inventor
#7359 Old 1st Jan 2019 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
@Primavera - I suggest not looking into the modding scene for that, unless you want even more depleted hard drive space.

So far the only mod I have is a mod to make the blocks bigger @Bulbizarre (32x32 instead of the original). And I should've mentioned that I got the Windows 10 version, i.e. the Bedrock version, so I can't download any mods any way because they're all made for the Java edition . Imagine my anguish when I found a good mod to sniff out rare ores only to find out it's not compatible :'/

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Top Secret Researcher
#7360 Old 2nd Jan 2019 at 3:08 AM
Something hit me while I was playing recently....
Someone--actually, multiple people--had to sit in a recording booth somewhere and make the sounds Sims make when they woohoo.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Forum Resident
#7361 Old 3rd Jan 2019 at 2:31 AM
I downloaded the entire MATY Director's Cut to get one hack a few weeks ago, and I can't remember which one and why.
Top Secret Researcher
#7362 Old 3rd Jan 2019 at 5:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
I downloaded the entire MATY Director's Cut to get one hack a few weeks ago, and I can't remember which one and why.

Just keep it if you have not already deleted it, I downloaded the Director's Cut some time ago and I keep it on my external drive, so that if I decide that I want something out of it, I have it easily available to me.

Besides it is quite possible that you will remember what you wanted and why sometime later.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Instructor
#7363 Old 3rd Jan 2019 at 8:35 PM Last edited by sailorplanet97 : 3rd Jan 2019 at 9:06 PM.
*me slams on the table and yells* SO THAT WAS WHY I HEARD THE SIMS (1) MUSIC ON THE SIMS 2 GAME ALL THE TIME, DAMN I WAS REALLY STUPID AS A KID BACK BY THEN
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7364 Old 4th Jan 2019 at 1:27 PM
I got the message that Brigitte Moltke will age up to a teen at 6 p.m. tomorrow. (That's tomorrow Sims time -- i.e. the next time I play their lot!) Believe it or not, it will be the first child-to-teen birthday in my game! That's a consequence of my aging-off playstyle. Brigitte has been a child since I created her along with the rest of her family (parents Martin and Manuela, older brother Julian, and little brother Hans) in December 2012. (Julian of course is Andrew's boyfriend, and they're the third family in my game.) I like to let my Sim children enjoy their childhood, but after over 6 years as a child, I think she's ready to move on. Choosing an aspiration for her won't b hard -- from the very beginning when she asked for a telescope, she's made it clear that she's a Knowledge Sim -- one who always conscientiously does her homework. In personality she's rather like Andrew -- possibly a bit steadier. She enjoys cleaning and tidying. (I wish I did!)

I'll have to change her hairstyle when she becomes a teen, because her current hair is just the same as Gloria's, and I fear I might get them mixed up once they become nearer to each other in size. In my first few months of playing, I only played 3 families: (1) the Jones's, Andrew and Gloria, my first family, (2) Garry Mackay, single adult, Gloria's boyfriend added a few days later, and (3) this family, the Moltke's, added maybe a fortnight later. There were 3 females in total in these families, and it's quite remarkable that I gave two of them exactly the same hair -- clearly it's my favourite female Maxis hair. Because of their different ages, sizes and personalities, it was several weeks before I even noticed that they had the same hair. I think it was the realisation that there were only about 2 Maxis hairs for each sex that I liked, that made me realise that I was going to have to download a lot of CC hair if I was going to be able to tell my Sims apart. Actually Andrew and Garry have the same hair too, but they're easy enough to tell apart because Garry has black hair while Andrew is blond. Gloria and Brigitte however are both blonde.

I saw something else for the first time in the last few days. Jamie Siddons and Jihoon LeTourneau, who live downtown, wanted new clothes, and for a change from the familiar downtown shops they took a taxi out to Bluewater, and went to Papaya Regime. There they became the first of my Sims to use a lift (elevator to Americans) to get to and from the upper sales floor. Seriously, I've had OFB since October 2014, and no one has been in a lift before. It's one reason why I don't really want to switch to the Ultimate Collection and get all the EPs at once -- I feel I've barely scratched the surface of what I've already got.

So, over six years playing before I have a teenage birthday. Over four years with OFB before I see a Sim use a lift. Do I hold the record for being the slowest player in the history of The Sims 2?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#7365 Old 6th Jan 2019 at 10:34 PM
Can I just comment on how much I love having a computer that can handle massive lots like I like building? :D

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Top Secret Researcher
#7366 Old 7th Jan 2019 at 9:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
Can I just comment on how much I love having a computer that can handle massive lots like I like building? :D

I am glad for you. Really glad for you, even though I almost never download lots, the only one that I did download was the Apple Store {because I just could not resist being that I am an Apple Fan Boy and because it came with a large amount of Custom Apple Oriented Content as well}, anyway I really am happy that your computer does what you want it to do.

Instead of downloading I create my own buildings or I remodel Maxis ones, just recently I did some more remodeling of the Capp House in Veronaville. I am particularly happy that I added an Elevator to the corner above the master bedroom on the first floor and an indoor Pool to the left of the Kitchen, also I have added several floors and more bedrooms. If I use a Maxis building and I do use a lot of them, I always remodel them extensively and I add several floors and an elevator or two.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#7367 Old 7th Jan 2019 at 9:14 AM
And it is going to be so exciting to see those new creations, @Zarathustra
Scholar
#7368 Old 7th Jan 2019 at 10:57 PM
This was hilarious!!

Hannah Bell fell in love with Gordon King, the well-known burglar in my hood. He moved in with her and her two children - awesome. I looked in his inventory for no reason and found all of the items he stole from previous households I've rotated through so far, LOL!!! They sold it all (sorry Ottomas & other families!!) and now can afford to redo their home because Hannah wants a child with Gordon! :P
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7369 Old 8th Jan 2019 at 7:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
Gordon King . . . I looked in his inventory for no reason and found all of the items he stole from previous households I've rotated through so far
That makes me even more certain about the infamous pinball machine in Dustin Broke's room -- he's "minding" it for Gordon. In my game he sold it and gave the cash to Gordon. Because, he told Gordon, it was getting too "hot". But the money he gave Gordon was less than half of what he really got for it. And that made a big difference to the Broke family finances. Is there no honour among thieves?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#7370 Old 8th Jan 2019 at 6:41 PM
I ran out of ideas for my campus gym... so if you don't know anything about racquetball, these two things are racquetball courts. If you DO know anything about racquetball... sorry.

Mad Poster
#7371 Old 8th Jan 2019 at 7:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
I ran out of ideas for my campus gym... so if you don't know anything about racquetball, these two things are racquetball courts. If you DO know anything about racquetball... sorry.

pictures or it didn't happen..
Really, now I'm curious.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#7372 Old 8th Jan 2019 at 9:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
pictures or it didn't happen..
Really, now I'm curious.

Note that the filename is even "Bad Racquetball Courts."
Screenshots

Top Secret Researcher
#7373 Old 8th Jan 2019 at 10:08 PM
I unironically love the sims 1 disco music. I have it in my library. I'm weak for anything with sax. :lovestruc
Mad Poster
#7374 Old 9th Jan 2019 at 1:53 AM
Is racquetball the same thing as squash? Sigh, makes we wish that we had the ability to actually play tennis or squash or badminton.
Mad Poster
#7375 Old 9th Jan 2019 at 2:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Is racquetball the same thing as squash? Sigh, makes we wish that we had the ability to actually play tennis or squash or badminton.

For the purposes of these rooms, I will stipulate that racquetball, racketball, squash, American Handball, paddleball, and Calvinball (because why the hell not) are all the same thing.

Page 295 of 516