Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 5:33 AM Last edited by Kitagawawolf16 : 2nd Aug 2011 at 11:34 AM. Reason: New Title
Default "Rising Dawn"
CHANGED TO: "Rising Dawn"

Dawn Shye had recently moved to Sunset Valley, pursuing to be the most illustrious author around town. As days passed by, she began to make friends and enemies, and even reluctantly falling in love with the charismatic schmoozer, Jericho Daring. Meanwhile, Vita Alto had recently and unbelievably won the campaign to be the town's mayor; it was a nightmare coming true for the citizens of the valley, especially the Landgraabs. Sunset Valley had became more mysterious and dangerous at night with strange meetings at night, involving Nick Alto.

Dawn is determined to find out and disclose the suspicious activities around the Alto Family with the help of a workaholic investigator, a pleasant line cook, a schmoozing governor, an evil cunning con artist, a dramatic orchestra member, and an easily impressed newspaper reporter.

However, there was a more twisted story behind all the dirt, involving Dawn Shye's little secret, especially when Dawn Shye isn't truly her real name.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 12:34 AM
I'm intrigued! I'd love to see more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 4:53 AM
Default Prologue: Unseen
Rising Dawn
Unseen

It was a cold night, the last night of winter and it was the worst of yet. The harsh wind blew against my tear-dried face and the sound of the horse-powered engine was soothing to my ear like music, keeping me focused on the road. My mind tend to sway though to that horrible news as I found myself mumbling, "Damn you...stupid father..." I could never comprehend the action he had taken, the length of it that he had to take. But then again, I would never understand what he had to go through, the reason why he did all of those things to our neighbors, to our beloved home, to Mom, and to me.

I never came to call him as my father until a few weeks ago after I finally took over his mansion and took every single penny from him. He came to me with a new advance, an honorable pleasant man holding on to whatever dignity he had left. He did not ask for anything; he only spend his time with me then he walked out the door with his cane and tipping his hat and said, "Have a good day."

Then the next week, the horrible news arrived when I went to visit my mother and found her on the floor sobbing. She was always a strong woman and to see her break down like that, I could never imagine what kind of sword or hammer could crush her stone, powerful soul. I saw the letter she was holding and I took it from her and read it...

"Why did you have to do that?" I uttered out, my voice breaking. I changed directions, heading to another course rather than that lonely home of a mansion.

He had committed suicide. He jumped off the ledge. He left me a suitcase.

That suitcase was the reason why he did what he did. He was too weak to handle it himself and so he passed it on to me that bastard! That bastard of a father!! My father...

He thought by taking his own life he could save us and the town, but I knew it didn't. I would know... I know these types...

I arrived at the cemetery and ventured off to a hill at the rear.

And there he was...

He was nothing but a carcass now, buried beneath the grass and placed with a marble grave and golden plate, honoring the dead. Nothing could describe the awful despair inside of me plunging me into the darkness. I wanted to know him...I wanted to know who this man really was before sinful greed took over his mind.

I wanted to take revenge--Take revenge of those people who wronged him. That suitcase left me details...details that I have sent my men to hunt down the culprit's location. I'll kill him.

"I'll go to Sunset Valley, Father," she said with resolute. "And I'll take back what was rightfully ours..."
Test Subject
#4 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 5:52 AM
ooooh, intriguing! can't wait for more!

Lady Gray to Winston Churchill: Sir, if I were your wife I would poison your drink!
Winston Churchill to Lady Gray: Lady, if I were your husband, I would drink it.
ps. want to read some stuff? click here and I shall love you forever. maybe.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 8:26 AM
Interesting.. i'm intrigued.
Storyline already seems and feels brilliant <3
Such short updates BUT... can't wait for more