Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1706
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 11209 (Who?), Viewed: 1370523 times.
Search this Thread
Old 15th Jun 2018, 12:19 AM #11201
pretenshus
Forum Resident

*Random*
The yellow arch that comes with Island paradise is inspired by the Arco de Santa Catalina in Antigua
Old 16th Jun 2018, 3:45 PM #11202
Nocriel
Lab Assistant

You can discover black holes when searching the galaxy and they're worth a heck lot (jackpot for my impoverished challenge family)
Screenshots
Click image for larger version

Name:  hoboy.png
Views: 0
Size:  132.7 KB  
Old 19th Jun 2018, 4:59 AM #11203
smellincoffee
Instructor

1 Achievements

You can turn off vampires and celebrities in the options menu! I had no idea, and now I can end that plague. :D
Old 19th Jun 2018, 12:57 PM #11204
enable_llamas
Lab Assistant

It's been... whatever number of years since LN came out and I have yet top play a vampire. I don't think I've ever even seen what they do, lol. First thing when I start a save is to turn them off altogether.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocriel
You can discover black holes when searching the galaxy and they're worth a heck lot (jackpot for my impoverished challenge family)

Love the name :D
Old 19th Jun 2018, 8:41 PM #11205
Floraflora2
Field Researcher

10 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretenshus
*Random*
The yellow arch that comes with Island paradise is inspired by the Arco de Santa Catalina in Antigua

Good find, bravo! This gives me the idea, if there ever existed a topic about the real life equivalent of all the rabbitholes in the game. Like, "mapping Sims 3" or something like that.
Old 21st Jun 2018, 3:46 PM #11206
GrijzePilion
Mad Poster

7 Achievements

Messing around just now in-game after getting the last bit of footage I needed for my episode. Laura's been hanging out with her coworker Anouk (your girl @gittevdv) and suddenly the game asks me if the two of them want to move in together. Apparently that's something the game can do when two Sims max out their relationship bar and get assigned the "best friend" status.

Unfortunately I had to reject seeing as Laura is already, first, living with a good friend and second, in a relationship. That's relevant because the Sim I cloned Laura from was pretty bisexual and apparently sexual preference carries over.

Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88 - it's the hottest new show on YT this season!
Already renewed for '89!

(Oh, and follow me on my Tumblr.)
Old 21st Jun 2018, 7:11 PM #11207
Jathom95
Lab Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrijzePilion
Messing around just now in-game after getting the last bit of footage I needed for my episode. Laura's been hanging out with her coworker Anouk (your girl @gittevdv) and suddenly the game asks me if the two of them want to move in together. Apparently that's something the game can do when two Sims max out their relationship bar and get assigned the "best friend" status.

Yeah, it can happen, but it's not very often. The reason being there's only a 2% chance or so that they'll actually get asked. There's a few mods floating around that ups the chance, and they only ask once every 3 days, like opportunities. Not sure how up to date they are though.

Just figured out myself that opps can be cancelled just like wishes. Right click on them in the opportunity panel and it goes away. I suppose it's somewhat obvious, but unless I'm just completely oblivious it doesn't tell you can do so like it does for wishes.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Old 22nd Jun 2018, 1:32 PM #11208
Nocriel
Lab Assistant

I discovered this mascot costume and that it can be inherited (the young man is the teenage son of the university mascot). Had a good laugh when I saw this in-game, I only knew the llama mascot
Screenshots
Click image for larger version

Name:  1Screenshot-42.jpg
Size:  203.6 KB   Click image for larger version

Name:  1Screenshot-43.jpg
Size:  198.5 KB   Click image for larger version

Name:  1Screenshot-44.jpg
Size:  206.9 KB   Click image for larger version

Name:  1Screenshot-45.jpg
Size:  165.9 KB   Click image for larger version

Name:  1Screenshot-40.jpg
Size:  218.5 KB  
Old 22nd Jun 2018, 3:14 PM #11209
HCAC
Top Secret Researcher

13 Achievements

View My Journal

That I think I can pull the screen and move around like in Sims 4 and it's not going to happen. Every time I switch versions I have to re-learn screen controls and camera moves...
Old 22nd Jun 2018, 3:55 PM #11210
Jathom95
Lab Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCAC
That I think I can pull the screen and move around like in Sims 4 and it's not going to happen. Every time I switch versions I have to re-learn screen controls and camera moves...

When I was still playing TS4 way back, that was exactly why I always kept it on TS3 camera controls. I had already been used to TS3's after years of playing it, and the option was there, so less headache to deal with.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.

Section jump: