Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th May 2009 at 3:27 AM
Default so the sims 3 exchange is FREE (everything on it)
as long as we register for the game
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 30th May 2009 at 3:33 AM
nope... we just get $10 in pts. (1000 pts.) free when we register :-/
Instructor
#3 Old 30th May 2009 at 3:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kittyboy
as long as we register for the game

This only happens if you own a magical wish-granting pony.

Do you know where I can find one?
Test Subject
#4 Old 30th May 2009 at 3:39 AM
Ummm i think s/he means JUST the exchange...im pretty sure the items on the exchange will be free but the store wont...
Field Researcher
#5 Old 30th May 2009 at 3:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CleoTheMuse
This only happens if you own a magical wish-granting pony.

Do you know where I can find one?

Well, it just so happens that *I* OWN one, Cleo! It's just been a little under the weather lately, and that's why I don't have MY copy of TS3
Instructor
#6 Old 30th May 2009 at 3:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tinydancer80
Well, it just so happens that *I* OWN one, Cleo! It's just been a little under the weather lately, and that's why I don't have MY copy of TS3

*Gasp*

I had heard that magical wish-granting ponies were temperamental.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 30th May 2009 at 3:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CleoTheMuse
*Gasp*

I had heard that magical wish-granting ponies were temperamental.

Hmmm... no problems with mine!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th May 2009 at 4:00 AM
yep i mean JUST the exchange NOT the sims 3 store.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 30th May 2009 at 4:06 AM Last edited by Seethatfallingstar : 30th May 2009 at 4:57 AM. Reason: wording was weird
This is good news if it means the rumors that custom content is not legal aren't true. (or at least the ones we haven't paid ea for). I hope that's just a rumor because I don't want to pay for clothing that isn't yucky. Even though actually these clothes are pretty yucky too.

Anyway, I saw a top I REALLY liked, the peasent-y one? I found it's kind of funny it was prettier then the tops in the store.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 30th May 2009 at 4:12 AM Last edited by kittyboy : 30th May 2009 at 4:24 AM.
where do i find the serial code to sign up for sims 3 community?
Field Researcher
#11 Old 30th May 2009 at 4:15 AM
whats the serial code to sign up for sims 3 community?

you'll have to wait until you buy the game for that. Otherwise, you can get warned/banned here for asking
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 30th May 2009 at 4:26 AM
so you get the points after the complete the registration of the sims 3 community.
( i already made a screen name and password )
Field Researcher
#13 Old 30th May 2009 at 4:28 AM
so you get the points after the complete the registration of the sims 3 community.
( i already made a screen name and password )

I believe it is after you have registered your copy of the game
Test Subject
#14 Old 30th May 2009 at 5:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tinydancer80
nope... we just get $10 in pts. (1000 pts.) free when we register :-/

So regardless of when we get it, as long as we register we will get the 1000pts? I was going to pre order it now thinking I will only get the 1000pts if I pre order. Their website can be very misleading. Can anyone clarify this?

Thanks
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 30th May 2009 at 6:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kogepan
So regardless of when we get it, as long as we register we will get the 1000pts? I was going to pre order it now thinking I will only get the 1000pts if I pre order. Their website can be very misleading. Can anyone clarify this?

Thanks

I believe this is the way it works: buy game (pre-order or normal) > register it on your profile page > et voila, 1000 points
Eminence Grise
#16 Old 30th May 2009 at 8:56 AM
Just to clarify here: the stuff on the exchange is free, but it's all stuff you can make with in-game tools. There are no new meshes there.

There ARE apparently some recolors of Store meshes on the Exchange, but I'm certain you won't be able to download those unless you've bought the mesh at the Store.

You'll be getting new meshes from the store and eventually from the mod community. Not the Exchange.
Instructor
#17 Old 30th May 2009 at 10:17 AM
Ok so it is just the same as TS2 in that way then..........

I hope someone makes that Lucy Angel again.....
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 30th May 2009 at 1:39 PM
Another thing to clarify, only the Collector's Editions have the $10 in Sim Points, so don't get all excited unless your getting the CE.

I also just assumed they would make the Exchange free, I mean really who would pay for what they can actually make in game?
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 30th May 2009 at 2:01 PM
The Exchange and the store = two different things.

I am a sweet, fluffy bunny. I live in a golden meadow surrounded by unicorns and butterflies. I have 10 nice points.

Better?
transmogrified
retired moderator
#20 Old 30th May 2009 at 2:05 PM
tikkall, if you look at the store site, you'll see they're offering $10 in points to anyone who registers the game. I hope the $10 in store points that EA advertised as part of the Collector's package is in addition to the points that they are handing out to anyone who registers.
Test Subject
#21 Old 30th May 2009 at 3:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
tikkall, if you look at the store site, you'll see they're offering $10 in points to anyone who registers the game. I hope the $10 in store points that EA advertised as part of the Collector's package is in addition to the points that they are handing out to anyone who registers.

Ya, on their website it said if you pre order you will get $10 free. But on the fine prints below it stated when you register you will get $10 free. Here's the dilemma for me: CE is out of stock to pre-order so now I'm debating whether I should wait for the next shipment or get the regular version. Since from my understanding both versions will get the $10 free.
Test Subject
#22 Old 30th May 2009 at 3:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo

I think it is the same $10 you get for registering. Direct2Drive lists the $10 as a bonus when you pre-order the standard version.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 30th May 2009 at 3:26 PM
Ya, on their website it said if you pre order you will get $10 free. But on the fine prints below it stated when you register you will get $10 free. Here's the dilemma for me: CE is out of stock to pre-order so now I'm debating whether I should wait for the next shipment or get the regular version. Since from my understanding both versions will get the $10 free.

Where did you read that at?

I fall up stairs.
Test Subject
#24 Old 30th May 2009 at 3:29 PM
"*US$10 value as of date SimPoints are awarded. Free with full retail purchase, EA online account and product registration with serial code enclosed with The Sims 3 full product software. "

So does that mean I have to pre order to get $10 free?
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 30th May 2009 at 3:33 PM
"*US$10 value as of date SimPoints are awarded. Free with full retail purchase, EA online account and product registration with serial code enclosed with The Sims 3 full product software. "

So does that mean I have to pre order to get $10 free?

I don't think so...it says that it's free with full retail purchase (meaning that you bought it) Then is says your code and registration are enclosed with your software so all you have to do is register and you get the points.

Did you get that of the site?? I can't seem to find it...

I fall up stairs.
Page 1 of 2