Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 22nd May 2009 at 8:46 AM
I think that in some opinions he might be but I dont think so my husband and him are actually sorta similar.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 2:20 AM Last edited by ChemicalCaitlin : 14th Jun 2009 at 6:14 AM.
Chapter 5
It hadn’t been more than 3 weeks later when I awoke to the smell of smoke.

My groggy brain slowly came to the terrifying realization: Shit, Smoke = FIRE!
“Grace,” I screamed, “get up, please wake up, babe!”
“Huh?” she muttered. I half dragged her out of bed before she realized what was happening.
“Oh, God, we have to get out of here,” I said
“How?”
“Stay back,” I told her as I felt the door. It was warm, but not burning hot, and I knew we were going to have to go that way, “Stay down and hold on to me, Grace, okay?”
She looked scared, but she nodded anyway.
As soon as I opened the door the smoke blinded our views. We stayed as low to the ground as possible, ran into several dead ends, and we were becoming delirious. Grace kind of took over by now and she’s the one who led us to a window that we managed to kick out. We fell to the ground in a heap and I held her tighter than I ever had. We still had to get away from the house, so I literally carried Grace to the road, fairly far away from the fire.

We watched what we had worked to get and keep go up in flames, and we were completely and utterly heartbroken. We were both crying by now, and coughing from the heavy smoke. I heard the sirens in the distance and hoped they would get here soon.

It was then that Grace passed out and I was unable to get her to wake up.
I was screaming, which hurt like hell on my already raw voice, for someone to please help, to do something, and the neighbors gathered, but none were exactly helpful. Finally the firefighters arrived, as did the ambulance. They wanted me to ride in a different ambulance than Grace, but I refused, saying that I as fine, over and over again. She needed help a lot worse than I did and I wanted to be there. Finally they agreed.

Then the bombarding of questions began.
Her name? Grace Areilo.
Date of birth? Novmber 5th, 1990
Health problems? None.
I couldn’t think fast enough. They didn’t ask if she was pregnant, so I just told them anyway. When I did, I felt all eyes roam over to me.
How pregnant? About 6 weeks.
Once again, all eyes roamed to me, and then they roamed to Grace. She had to breathe through an oxygen mask and it killed me to see her like that. She was so…helpless, and let me tell you – Grace is rarely helpless.

Once we arrived at the hospital, we were poked and prodded, and we had to wait to see if our baby was still alive. The stress was killing me, and I had to get out of the room for a minute. I ran to the bathroom, puked, and looked at myself in the mirror. I was covered in soot and the tears were still streaming down my face. The realization that we were homeless, broke, and that our baby could be dead, on top of the fact that Grace and I could be put to blame for a fire we didn’t cause, and she could have permanent lung damage all came to me at once. I feel like we had taken 10 steps forward and about a million back.

I walked back to the room and held Grace so tightly it hurt. Finally they came and took her back to an ultrasound room. We were, despite our lack of religion, praying so hard to hear something. Then, we heard our baby’s heartbeat. It was the faintest sound, but it was there. And that meant, of course, that we still had a baby. We were so relieved and the tears of pain soon turned to tears of joy. The doctors left us in her room alone, and I apologized.

“For what?” she whispered, her voice even more hoarse than mine.
“Because I should’ve done something more to get us out.”
No,” she whispered, “it’s not your fault. It’s no one’s fault. It happened and yes, it’s horrible, but we’re still here and so is our baby, and I love you and nothing’s gonna change. Okay?”
“I know,” I said, “I love you so much and I just…I never saw this coming. But I want you to know that I’m not leaving no matter how hard it gets.”
“Yeah, I know you’re staying, or else you would’ve been gone by now.”
And with that, I squeezed on the bed with her, snuggled against her, and whispered to her until she fell asleep.

---------------------
Rather ominous turn, I know. Please comment and rate =]

Hello there, the angel from my nightmare.
The shadow in background of the morgue.
The unsuspecting victim of darkness in the valley.
We can live like Jack and Sally, if we want. - I Miss You - Blink-182

Read my Sim story "Searching For Something " HERE
Test Subject
#28 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 3:34 AM
Agh!! It's so cute!! Hurry up and update soon! :]
Test Subject
#29 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 4:54 AM
I love it when men are so brave and still hope the baby is still alive after an accidental pregnancy. Sooo cutttee!

Hee Hee Hee!!!Me likey the sims!
Field Researcher
#30 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 4:29 PM
Awww so cute! sad that they lost their home though.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 10:41 PM
So sad I hope things get better for them!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 10:27 PM
Thanks everyone, for the comments. They all made me smile. I can't promise things will get better for them in the very near future...but...

I realize that in almost every chapter, there's a bed, and it usually plays a somewhat-important part.

Lab Assistant
#33 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 1:58 AM
Well the bed is the key for every good day, right?

I can't believe that I finally noticed an update! How blind am I?

I hope things get better for them.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 10:26 PM
This is so cute! great update!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#35 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 6:05 AM
To everyone who reads my story - I'm truly sorry I haven't updated. I'm writing this from my laptop, which doesn't have the Sims 2 or 3 on it. My family's "main computer," which does have the Sims 2 and 3 on it is broken for the time being. My dad was trying to clean the inside of it, since he's a computer ninja master, and he somehow messed up the processor. He's got another one on order, and he should be able to fix it in the next week or two. I've been without the Sims 2 and 3 for a few weeks, and I'm pretty desperate to get to work on the story myself. I'm really, really sorry, so I offer you virtual...cups..of...things-that-look like-liquid-that's-most-likely-beer-but-we'll-pretend-it's-hot-chocolate. ->

Oh, and does anyone care whether I use Sims 2 or 3 for pics?

The rest of this is so off topic.
Everyone appreciates a good llama picture. =) Someone really needs to limit my inappropriate use of smiley face icon things, but that's no fun.

Field Researcher
#36 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 12:06 AM
In my opinion i think doing it in sims 2 would be better just because the sims 3 look waaaay different then the sims 2 but its your story and im sure we can get used to the sims 3 characters in your story if thats what you would prefer.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#37 Old 15th Aug 2009 at 3:28 AM
Chapter 6
I don’t want to go into detail about what happened when we went back to the house, but I will say there were lots of tears and almost everything was unsalvageable. We found a few small items – a few of my short stories, some of Grace’s guitar tabs, a few outfits each, and most amazingly, there were some pictures of us, pictures that should have been burned, but that weren’t – other than that, though, everything was burned.

We were, essentially, starting over, and it felt like a huge disappointment. A small part of both Grace and I felt like we couldn’t do this anymore, like we should just go home. But home was not an option, and so we looked for somewhere to stay. We eventually found a rather cheap (and you could see why) house to rent, which is not at all where we’d envisioned ourselves, but hey, it was much better than nothing, and better than some people had.

The couple of weeks that followed, Grace and I didn’t see a whole lot of each other. We were both stressed from putting in tons of hours at our jobs, and we’d been a little snappy with each other. Still though, it surprised me when I woke up during the night to find Grace not in bed with me. I didn’t immediately freak out, she could have just gotten up, but I looked through the house and didn’t see her anywhere. I was just about ready to panic, when I looked out the window and saw she was sitting on the tire swing out front. Her fists were balled up and I could see her forehead was pressed against the swing. She was crying I could tell, so I went to see why that was.
I came up beside her, whispering “Grace? What’s wrong?”

She turned toward me suddenly and said “Oh, geez, I didn’t see you there.” Then she wiped her eyes and said “Nothing’s wrong, I’m okay. I just needed a little fresh air.” She tried to flash a little smile, but it was obviously forced.

“You don’t look okay.”
“I am, I promise.”
“You sure?”
“Not really,” she whispered, tears filling her eyes again
“Come here, babe,” I said, holding my arms out toward her.
When she got to me, she basically fell into my arms. I couldn’t believe how much I’d missed feeling her against me.

Tomorrow, I thought to myself. Tomorrow will be the day.

-------------------
Eeh-Gasp! What could tomorrow possibly bring?? I had to add some suspense somewhere, and this seemed like a good spot.
-------------------
I'll probably update this pretty soon. I SWEAR it won't take nearly as long this time, and I truly apologize for the two month wait.
-------------------
Sorry the pics are small and a bit hard to see, I'm not sure why that is. I guess I uploaded them with too small a size.
-------------------
My kitty, Peanut, is sitting with me, and she says that you should all rate and comment and tell me what you think. :D

Field Researcher
#38 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 11:15 PM
Lol i like the suspense it was nice i hope nothing to serious is wrong with grace. Your kitty peanut says lol must be a cute cat i have one too. Great update looking forward to the next one.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#39 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 1:18 AM
Ha, thank you, and yes I think Peanut's quite adorable, but maybe I'm biased. Yours must be cute, too!

I should hopefully be updating soon, but I'm so exhausted from school that I'm not sure when it'll happen.

And, AHHHH I HAVE 700 VIEWS! That excites me SO much more than it should, so thanks to everyone who's ever looked at this!

Scholar
#40 Old 14th Sep 2009 at 3:16 AM
MOAR!

*filler, since moar is not enough, apparently*
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#41 Old 14th Sep 2009 at 4:03 AM
Posthetics - Haha. There will be MOAR very soon, within the next day or two, if procrastination doesn't get the better of me. I hate the 7 character at least limit. It messes up lolcat speak =D

Mad Poster
#42 Old 14th Sep 2009 at 6:17 PM
love the suspence. When you take pictures, try to pause, instead of build mode.

and my cats name is Reeses. Are they related?xD
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#43 Old 14th Sep 2009 at 6:28 PM
KyleTheArtist - Wow, you're right. I totally just noticed it was in build mode. Haha, wow, Peanut and Reeses. If they're not related, they should be! xD

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#44 Old 15th Sep 2009 at 4:36 AM
Default Chapter 7
We talked all through the night about a lot of things, and I won’t bore you with details, but I think it suffices to say we were definitely better than okay by morning.

We then fell asleep exhausted, and afterward, we sat out by the little pond behind our house.

I whispered in her ear, “I wanna go somewhere tonight.”
“That sounds amazing. Where to?” Grace asked
“Well, that’s my little secret. It’s the kinda place you get dressed up to go to, though.”
She looked at me like I might have gone crazy. As you might have imagined, I haven’t been the king of spontaneity lately. There’d been enough of that caused by things outside of our control lately that it was enough for both of us.
Then she smiled and said “Okay, but this better be good if I’m being forced to wear a dress.”
Then we cuddled and snuggled and kissed and did what we always did. Deep down, though, my heart felt like it was going to bust out of my chest.

That night, when we both were dressed up, we got in the car and headed for the aforementioned planned destination. When I parked in front of one of the fanciest restaurants near here, Grace raised her eyebrows, looked impressed, and said “You sure you got the directions right?”
“I’m sure,” I said, and flashed a nervous smile.
“Wow, this place looks amazing.”
“The most amazing place, for the most amazing girl. You deserve it.”
She blushed and said, “That’s not true! And you deserve it, too.”
“You are the most amazing person I’ve ever met, Grace. You sell yourself short way too much.”
I kissed her then, and I was so nervous my hands were shaking.
“Are you okay? You seem a little shaky," she asked, concerned.
“Yeah, I’m fine. Just cold. Let’s go in.”

We ordered, ate the most amazing dinner we’d had in a long time, and after the dishes were cleared, as we were getting ready to leave, I said “Hold on a minute.”

“Okay, what am I missing?”
“Grace, earlier when I told you that you were the most amazing person I’d ever met, I meant it. A lot of times things haven’t been easy, but we’ve always been there for each other, no matter what. I don’t know what I would’ve done if I hadn’t had you there with me. If I had my way, I’d spend every moment of every day with you, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I love you more than anything in this world, and I was wondering, will you marry me?” I was so nervous I could feel my heartbeat in my ears.
I reached into my pocket pulling out the box, and slid it across the table to her.

“Oh wow, Vlad, oh my God,” She whispered, taking the box.

She looked up at me, smiling, tears in her eyes and said “Yes, a million times yes, I will marry you! I love you so much." She then opened the box and holding the ring up, admired it. "It's perfect, babe, it's perfect."

She slid it on her finger, and touched it gently, unable to control her smile.

She stood up and threw herself into my arms, and I was on top of the world.

----------------------------
Hope you enjoyed this chapter. I thought it was high time for a little optimism :lovestruc
I tried to make my pictures look decent this chapter, so I hope they were better.
Please comment, I love to know what you all think!
One revelation I made during this chapter. Why in the heck do Sims wear their engagement rings on their middle fingers?

Mad Poster
#45 Old 16th Sep 2009 at 3:40 AM
aaaw! reminded me of my proposal xD

My husband just stopped me in the middle of the park when we were going home and he told me," guess what?" and I said what? he said guess, and I said I don't know what? and then he stood on his knee and gave me a ring xD I cried it is weird bec ause when you imagine how it would be, but when it gets to it, your reaction is totaly different xD
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#46 Old 16th Sep 2009 at 3:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KyleTheArtist
My husband just stopped me in the middle of the park when we were going home and he told me," guess what?" and I said what? he said guess, and I said I don't know what? and then he stood on his knee and gave me a ring xD I cried it is weird bec ause when you imagine how it would be, but when it gets to it, your reaction is totaly different xD

Aww, that's so cute. For some reason that made in an all happy mood.

Scholar
#47 Old 16th Sep 2009 at 5:11 AM
IS THIS WHAT TOMORROW BRINGS? MARRIAGE PROPOSAL?

haha...how incredibly endearing that he's so nervous XD
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#48 Old 16th Sep 2009 at 9:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Prosthetics
IS THIS WHAT TOMORROW BRINGS? MARRIAGE PROPOSAL?

haha...how incredibly endearing that he's so nervous XD

Haha, yes. That is what tomorrow brought. =D I also figured he couldn't be all confident, that just wouldn't be made of awesome.

I'm so proud of myself. I've got this quoting thing down now xD

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#49 Old 24th Sep 2009 at 10:12 PM Last edited by ChemicalCaitlin : 4th Oct 2009 at 5:05 AM.
One thing I realized looking at my pictures: Vladimir's hair keeps changing from black to brown. >.< It should be black, but apparently I have issues with lighting in my game, and the brown and black sort of look the same until I see the pics later. whoops.

Also, update coming soon, within the next couple days!! =D

EDIT: By "Next couple days" I suppose I meant eventually. sorry =/ Soon I promise!!

Lab Assistant
#50 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 1:56 PM
Awesome! I hope that you can get the chapter up soon! So far it's been really good!
Page 2 of 3