Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Dec 2008 at 6:08 AM
Default Bella & Mortimer Goth as children
From the Promo CD it looks like The Goth family will include Mortimer as a child.

I don't know if this has been brought up before, but while browsing some of the other screenshots it looks like Mortimer makes another appearance and it looks like he's with a little Bella.

How do you guys feel about playing Mortimer and Bella as children? They look mildly like children of the corn, but otherwise, The sims 3 characters appearance is growing on me. Are you guys happy to have Bella back in the game again or would you have preferred they kept her a little bit of a mystery like they did in TS2? Do you think their characters will be drawn to each other or will they be random kids we have to introduce? And what about Cassandra and Alexander? Does anyone else think Mortimer's parents look wicked cool?
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 10th Dec 2008 at 12:17 PM
I think Mortimer's parents look awesome! Kind of remind me of the Addams family. Little Bella and Mortimer are very cute, but I find it weird that they will be children in Sims 3, because the first two games sort of had a progression in age and storyline for them. Now none of what happened to them in Sims 2 will hve happened, and I won't be able to quite see them as the same characters, at least, not Bella anyway.

"Your life was a liner I voyaged in."
Alchemist
#3 Old 10th Dec 2008 at 1:58 PM
I don't like the Pre Sims 1 timeline. So far it's the only thing I don't like about the game, not a deal breaker though:p
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 10th Dec 2008 at 2:23 PM
Oh my god they are so cuuute, Look at their hair <3 their eyes <3

I want the game now!
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Dec 2008 at 8:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BewitchedPrue
I think Mortimer's parents look awesome! Kind of remind me of the Addams family. Little Bella and Mortimer are very cute, but I find it weird that they will be children in Sims 3, because the first two games sort of had a progression in age and storyline for them. Now none of what happened to them in Sims 2 will hve happened, and I won't be able to quite see them as the same characters, at least, not Bella anyway.

that's my biggest problem too. If you do end up getting them married and having kids there is always a chance their first born will be a boy which would make Cassandra nonexistent. It's kind of like a time machine. They are the cutest sims ive seen so far though.
Theorist
#6 Old 10th Dec 2008 at 8:44 PM
Kinda like this also though; People were always speculating on what stories will be added to TS3; Now we can start from the Beginning and just make up our own!

I kinda wish we got the next generation though

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Mad Poster
#7 Old 10th Dec 2008 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dlisted
that's my biggest problem too. If you do end up getting them married and having kids there is always a chance their first born will be a boy which would make Cassandra nonexistent. It's kind of like a time machine. They are the cutest sims ive seen so far though.

Maybe they will code it so that their first child is always a girl and that Morty will marry Bella if their destiny is not changed by the player. Kind of how they did with Brandy Broke in Sims2 that she always gives birth to a son.
Scholar
#8 Old 10th Dec 2008 at 8:49 PM
I guess this means we get to find out Bella's maiden name too

.:Kitty Klan:.
Visit for Sims 3 Hair, Tattoos, and other free custom content downloads.

.For website updates, subscribe to my RSS feed at.
Dreamwidth Blog
Mad Poster
#9 Old 10th Dec 2008 at 8:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
Kind of how they did with Brandy Broke in Sims2 that she always gives birth to a son.

Isn't that just because Skip Broke's dead? I thought I read somewhere that all babies born to pregnant female sims after the father has died (and the gravestone been deleted??) would be boys?
Alchemist
#10 Old 10th Dec 2008 at 8:58 PM
Bella's maiden name is Bachelor.

This seems a little stupid to be honest though. Bella and Mortimer's story has been told already, the whole sim community is used to the info we've had from the first and second versions, recycling them yet *again* but in the past...I mean how hard is it to come up with something new and original? Or just continue their family's history some other way.

I suppose this begs the question: is this taking place in Pleasantview, and are the other characters there as kids too? Or did they just pluck the Goths and put them in a completely different town?

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Theorist
#11 Old 10th Dec 2008 at 9:21 PM
TS2 was all about Growing and Generations; Making scene that the "originalites" would be aged up, imagine seeing your favorite sims that you've played with for ages, wishing they would grow, as Elders!

TS3 Is much more about the Seamless Neighborhood and originality, why not make the whole thing as YOU wanted?
---
...on Ghanima Atreides's note; I HAVE to see what Nervous looks like as a Child!

♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 10th Dec 2008 at 9:40 PM
it makes sense to have them as kids if they only wanted to continue the goths and crumplebottoms. The crumplebottoms and goths are related so it's more of where they came from and grew up before going to pleasantview. That way they don't need to continue the rest of the stories.

Petchy- I think he would be adorable!
Alchemist
#13 Old 10th Dec 2008 at 9:49 PM
Petchy- Great idea! I will extract him when SimPE is updated for M&G.
Theorist
#14 Old 10th Dec 2008 at 9:53 PM
Muwahahaa, thus the Beauty of waiting till christmas till I get it!

♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Alchemist
#15 Old 10th Dec 2008 at 9:54 PM
Aww.. Lol only 15 days to go!
Theorist
#16 Old 10th Dec 2008 at 10:01 PM
I can wait it out - only 15 days to go....... *humms*

S'least I don't have to wait as long for SimPE

♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 10th Dec 2008 at 10:12 PM
They have it all wrong.
The Sims had the Goths (Morty, Bella, and Cassandra).
TS2 had the Goths grown-up (Morty, Cassandra and Alex; missing Bella)
TS3 is supposed to finish what they started not go Blast from the Past.

That's like a million dollar artist reverting back to black, skinny stick figures.

It is a good idea, but I'd like to see everyone grown-up and moved on.

So long, my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
I should've known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do

Theorist
#18 Old 10th Dec 2008 at 10:24 PM
..but Pux, look at it from the metaphor perspective! They have changed loads in TS3. Compared to TS2, and also they have made gameplay more fluid - ie; Generations will most likely pass much faster now we don't have to play them.
Just think of it as this: an alternate story and life for mortimer. In TS2(+1 ish) Morty grew up, found a wife, had a child, became a inventor, got rich, had annother child, had his wife abducted by aliens, got targeted by Nina&Dina, and so on.
What more of the story is to be told? TS1 had Bella and Morty in it, it would be Weird without either of them!

♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 10th Dec 2008 at 10:27 PM
Now what if Morty never meets Bella?
Their is no world domination for the Goths.
What are they going to milk out of the Goths if/when TS4 comes out?

Are they just going to revert the Goths or is every family going to revert?

So long, my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
I should've known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do

Theorist
#20 Old 10th Dec 2008 at 10:37 PM
From what I've heard; Just the Goths and Crumplebottoms (the two are related)

I think Morty and Bella will already know each other as the game begins, we can never know, remember

By the time TS4 comes out, they will've made a new story - like Bella in strangerown. I can see why they did this; but I wouldn't have made the decision!

♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
#21 Old 10th Dec 2008 at 10:47 PM
I like the idea of the generation reversing. Finally you can see a little Don Lothario and others(Hopefully more than just the Goths are included). I wouldn't really mind even if Morty didn't know Bella, maybe I can marry him to any girl I want.
Instructor
Original Poster
#22 Old 11th Dec 2008 at 7:13 AM
I think it's only going to be the Goths, Bella, Crumplebottoms and weren't the Landgraabs from OFB or one of the other EPs? It kind of looks like from the Promo CD that he might not even initially know Bella. I think it will be fun to play them up until the point that they turn adults and the previous storyline starts getting ruined.
Forum Resident
#23 Old 11th Dec 2008 at 7:26 AM
Ha ha imagine you hook Bella up with Malcolm and Mortimer up with some random stranger (or a crumplebottom, eww). I wonder what the kids would look like. Hurry up February, lol.
Instructor
Original Poster
#24 Old 11th Dec 2008 at 7:29 AM
Mortimer can't date a crumplebottom!! That'd be incest! The Crumplebottom ladies are his aunts! It would annoy me way too much to have Mortimer not follow the story. I wonder if we don't play them at all and they age naturally if they'll end up together.
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 11th Dec 2008 at 8:23 PM
awww it'd ruin the current storyline- but if might be fun-

on a side note= that other family (in the picture) are including in this video http://uk.pc.ign.com/dor/objects/80...d=2t28fo005vm1o

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Page 1 of 4