Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 4:41 PM
Default Gay Sims
I'm wondering how sexuality will work in TS3. I really hope that there will be some gay/lesbian townies already in the game when it first comes out. It probably will have to be forced for playable sims though. I read somewhere that gay couples can adopt so I'm assuming that they can still get married (yay!) so at least we'll get that.
Since townies can do things on their own like get married and have kids, I'm hoping that gay sims can do the same as well.
So what do you guys think? Will the sims start off neutral or will their preference lean more to one sex then the other starting off? Will everything gay related have to be forced or will it happen automatically?
Advertisement
#2 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 4:56 PM
I think that like TS2, they are going to start sexually neutral until you force an interaction. The Sims is geared to a big, varied public and they risk offending less people that way.

Hopefully, they won't have a gay and hetero trait that you can choose. Cuz that would be weird and that wouldn't be fair to romance sims who woohoos to anything that walks
#3 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 6:09 PM
Thats the thing, though.. It shouldn't be forced anything, since the townies will be playing on their own.. So i dunno how this would happen..
#4 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 8:44 PM
I would love gay/lesbian townies, but I don't think EA would risk potentially offending people by putting them preinstalled in the game. Like TS2, their gender preference will probably be neutral to start out, then change depending on how you play them.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 17th Jul 2008 at 9:10 PM
I just hope they fix the problem in the Sims 2 where a "civil union" awards sims fewer aspiration points than a "traditional" marriage. :-/ I had to get a hack to fix that.

Curiously enough, the only thing that went through the mind of the bowl of petunias as it fell was Oh no, not again. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams

The Hunger Site - Click once a day for free to give food to developing countries!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 2:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LongTallSally
I just hope they fix the problem in the Sims 2 where a "civil union" awards sims fewer aspiration points than a "traditional" marriage. :-/ I had to get a hack to fix that.

Are you serious? Oh my God, that's so prejudiced! It should be the same because not every player is traditional-minded.

In regards to the topic, I hope Sims will have a sexuality, I don't like the way it is in Sims 2 with points in negative and positive that make up for your preference. I want an actual sexual preference option just like turn-ons and turn-offs and aspirations. Maybe even throw in a random option so as to make it more realistic and fun. But as I mentioned in another thread, I still like my idea of the game asking you if you want gay/straight/bi/random for townies and it will be an option in the options section like how when you turn off freewill or change graphic settings, etc. That way, every player can play exactly the way they want to play and it will be fair to everyone, no controversies because anti-gay parents will just know that there is the option to choose straight and so they can't complain.
#7 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 5:49 PM
All sims are bisexual as it stands right now. I don't mind that so much
Instructor
#8 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 6:48 PM
I like the neutrality of it all right now. You have to instigate their relationships and they go along with it.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 6:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
no controversies because anti-gay parents will just know that there is the option to choose straight and so they can't complain.

Since when has that stopped them before?

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Mad Poster
#10 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 1:51 AM
True but they can't sue is what I meant. I know they will complain in general, but at least they can be reassured that the game can be the way they want it to be.
#11 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 1:57 AM
God hates homosexuality and that is a fact. I know Sims have the ability to sin and it is realistic to make them have that possibility, so I don't see why a few couples shouldn't start off as homos too. Maybe maxis doesn't want that muck on it's own creative hands.

It doesn't seem consistent. Homosexuals are savable, so I'd see fun in saving a couple of pre set sims from their ways. As long as it doesn't add any unrealistic "once you are gay you can't change back" non-sense.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 2:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lolwtf
God hates homosexuality and that is a fact. I know Sims have the ability to sin and it is realistic to make them have that possibility, so I don't see why a few couples shouldn't start off as homos too. Maybe maxis doesn't want that muck on it's own creative hands.

It doesn't seem consistent. Homosexuals are savable, so I'd see fun in saving a couple of pre set sims from their ways. As long as it doesn't add any unrealistic "once you are gay you can't change back" non-sense.

*reists rant*

Please call me Ace
#13 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 2:16 AM
God hates homosexuality and that is a fact.

Hahaha!

This is probably a troll but the statement itself is still so deliciously ironic.
retired moderator
#14 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 2:23 AM
Remember everyone... don't turn this thread into a debate! Please stay on-topic. That means please do not drag this thread off-topic by posting off-topic or responding to someone who has. Thanks guys!

Formerly known as boolPropped
Mad Poster
#15 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 2:41 AM

I only hope this is sarcasm because this is just utterly ridiculous. But, I still agree that it is nice that we can all play our game HOWEVER we choose to. Key word: "however".
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 3:31 AM
I was thinking that it could be like a slider for CAS Sims, so it's less black/white, (that slider I'll describe below...) For Townies I like the idea of having it as an option, it could be a slider too, like all to one side makes most townies gay, a quarter on one side is mostly gay/bi/little straight, in the middle is equal gay/bi/straight, and so forth. But just my idea.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 3:34 AM
Hey, that's actually a really cool idea! And seeing as how it's been stated that sliders will now dominate CAS, you just never know!
#18 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 3:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ferrymocha11
I was thinking that it could be like a slider for CAS Sims, so it's less black/white, (that slider I'll describe below...) For Townies I like the idea of having it as an option, it could be a slider too, like all to one side makes most townies gay, a quarter on one side is mostly gay/bi/little straight, in the middle is equal gay/bi/straight, and so forth. But just my idea.

I hope they have that too! Hopefully it won't upset those stupid moms who buy the Sims 3 for their 9 year old and call EA when they see that you can have lesbian and gay sims in the game. If there is any, that is.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 3:56 AM
Yeah, overlooking the hard-to-miss rated-T sign, lol.
#20 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 4:00 AM
I know plenty of moms that would buy a rated-T game for their 9 year old. My little brother has a friend who is 12 and has a rated-R game.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 4:07 AM
Oh I know, I just meant it's funny how some of them complain about the racy things in the game when they knew all along that the game was rated T, lol.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 5:46 AM
Mmm for towines I'm just hoping that they'll lean toward one way or the other. I would like for playable sims to be netural but I have no idea how the game would manage that, since playable sims will become unplayable when a person moves on to a different family.
The slider idea sounds pretty cool.
I do hope that gay marriage and adoption will be worth just as much as opposite-sex marriages and child birth. That seemed unfair to me.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 6:04 AM
Yes, tell me about it! But look at it this way, homosexuality in Sims 1 was nothing compared to in Sims 2. Sims 2 gave our gay Sims better lives in that they were able to marry each other and they were able to be recognized as gay more so than in Sims 1. So in Sims 3 it should be even more liberal and up with the times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 7:48 AM
I like your positive thinking, frankie.
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 11:29 PM
I was also wondering this. I like making gay sims and it would suck if none of our townies could be gay or bisexual.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Locked thread | Locked by: Srikandi Reason: Thread that time forgot
Page 1 of 11