Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#126 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 9:26 PM
I am undecided yet on whether or not I like it. I only had one hour to play so far, am looking forward to getting to know my sims tonight after work.

I miss some things from the sims 2, but also appreciate some of the new things. I know how much work went into this game, and will try to give it a fair shot.
Advertisement
Scholar
#127 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 9:44 PM
does anyone else feel that this is a mix of the sims 1 playstation/consol game, simcity societies, and just the same furniture, interactions/movements, sounds from the sims 2?
Test Subject
#128 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 9:55 PM
I sm getting a little bored of The Sims 2. It feels like I am running out of things to do. Should I get The Sims 3? Will it be a lot better and more fun? I am just worried it would be a waste of money and I will miss TS2.
Field Researcher
#129 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KyleTheArtist
I can delete sims2 to make it faster

I'm not sure how that will help?

ClicknPsycho
Lab Assistant
#130 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 10:36 PM
Installed about two hours ago, and still figuring out all the controls. Don't really play games, just the Sims series, so very rarely have to learn a new game, and its more difficult than I thought.

Also, the zoom/edge scrolling seems really sensitive and I keep going past what I'm aiming for.
Sockpuppet
#131 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 10:45 PM
I'm disappointed, the sims are still stupid ;( !
I don't see any interesting features, maybe just the pattern feature is good.

The Sims 2 stay my favorite, it's too early for me to play TS3 and retry it when the 3rd EPs will be released (maybe the next year).
Instructor
#132 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 11:45 PM
I've been poking around for two days now with this game, so I thought I'd post a few of my opinions :D

-I absoloutley LOVE CAS! I haven't quite figured out how the hair customisation works yet, but the clothes are mucho fun to mess around with I also love how my graphics look in CAS, they deteriorate somehwat when I actually start playing xD

-Fishing! I love that you can keep the fish in bowls and the jellyfish are awesome :D

-The traits! These go without saying really, but I get so much fun out of choosing their personalities it's bordering on disturbing :/

-The scenery is beautiful! I can't get over how amazing it all looks x.x

-The idea behind story progression! If this actually worked properly I would love it. Infact, if it just didn't delete sims it would be ok by me xD

Dislikes:

-The camera controls! I still can't get the camera where I want it :/

- How much crappier my sims look in-game compared with CAS D:

-The reflections in glasses. I love glasses on sims, but the reflections are so exagerated that they just look retarded!

-The lack of single townies. Or townies in general! Everyone seems to be playable :/

Overall, I love the game though! A few bits of custom content and a hack here and there and all will be well!
Field Researcher
#133 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 12:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jenl212
Installed about two hours ago, and still figuring out all the controls. Don't really play games, just the Sims series, so very rarely have to learn a new game, and its more difficult than I thought.

Also, the zoom/edge scrolling seems really sensitive and I keep going past what I'm aiming for.

The edge scrolling really stinks! It makes building and well everything difficult.
Alchemist
#134 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 6:06 AM
Yeah, positioning the camera is dreadful.

Taking a photo is a lot more work now. You nudge the camera to get in front of your subject, and it slides several inches too far either way.
Inventor
#135 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 6:32 AM
There are lots of single townies that live together in houses. You have to catch the one you want as mate early in the game before they marry someone else.
Theorist
#137 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 9:06 AM
Quote:
-The camera controls! I still can't get the camera where I want it :/

If you haven't already, make sure you enable edge scrolling in the options. I was about to scream before someone posted that it was off by default. I just figured that control wasn't in there.

For the first time today I got to play a two-member household and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be, even sending each one of them to different parts of town at the same time!

I think I'm figuring out even more about the motives. It seems like the happier Sims are, the less tired they get, which is meaning less time sleeping. I put a radio out near the vegetable garden and Seth and Kizzie just love it.
Field Researcher
#138 Old 7th Jun 2009 at 11:17 AM
I agree that many thing in this game are better than sims2 but on the whole im disppointed with it it seems like they've taken lots out just to sell which is damn annoying and shouldn't happen.

I don't like the new buy mode either, and i agree with many of the statements above.
I don't agree that CAS is better yes it has some excellent features but it seems to be lacking any real ability to change sims faces enough for real differnces so they all look too similar for my liking, as stated the variety of hair/cloths sux too (but that was expected).

You cant go into the community lots seriously WTF?! i like doing that its stupid to take it out! and no one say "oh it might make the games slower" it wont since nothering is rendered untill u r are invited in a lot anyway.

Likeing new TS3 build grid and placements, not liking TS3 Store and changes to shops.
Page 6 of 6