Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#26 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 7:41 AM
*Smacks forehead* Oh, right! But I was referring to the core abilities added in the EP's like being able to go to University, having a vacation, different seasons, pets and so on. Didn't think about the smaller features....
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#27 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 7:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by efreak1974
Have you tried throwing a party at the beach? Or any other venue other than your house? I've had some great sunset clambakes with plenty of bikini clad romance at my beach parties! Try throwing a party at one of these venues and sending over a sim with high guitar skill to work the crowd for tips. You'll make some good simoleon and if you do it at 10 different parties/venues you'll complete a worthwhile skill challenge.

Also, I'm able to go to all locations on the map. Ie. both beaches, central park, smaller parks, graveyard, museum, community pools, etc.

I played for about 5 hours I didn't fully explore it. If i can I will go to friend's house tomororw and try to make my opinion about the game change. Unlikely it will.
Test Subject
#28 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 7:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KyleTheArtist
I played for about 5 hours I didn't fully explore it. If i can I will go to friend's house tomororw and try to make my opinion about the game change. Unlikely it will.

I understand how you feel about sticking with the sims 2. I'm going to keep a close eye on the modding community for sims 3 though, I have more faith in the quality of their work than whatever the first expansion will be.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 8:09 AM
The part, I think, that's making people think they all look alike is the fact that you can change the shape of the lower part of the face, but not the top. Most people look at a person's (and sim's apparently) eye area first. So, they look the same.

I wish they'd change that, but I think it probably has something to do with the way the hair fits to the heads.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 4:04 PM
forever to just improve one skill point. in sims 2 first five points are fast to improve(usually) then it gets slower. There was nothing much to do...

when it comes to getting there skills up, unlike in the sims 2 were sims can be great at every thing, sims 3 takes a diffrent idea a more real idea if you ask me, when making a sim in cas it, it will ask you to choose 5 traits and some of those are to help with skills e.g. nartire cook, if you pick nartire cook for a trait your sim will want to do more with cooking than any think elce and will also be able to learn skills quicker, if that makes sence.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#31 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 4:30 PM
mine is a wanna be rockstar or something like that...and she has a...crap..one of her traits is virtuoso or something like this. It took her a good while to improve on one creativity skil point o_O
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 12:14 PM
I think it's because they're meant to study and learn skills autonomously, and skill points also are not 100% necessary to get to the next job level, although they certainly help.

It seems like we're supposed to play other sims and households and they autonomously skill up, problem being, playing other households also screws up the game...

Bad balancing, basically.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 24th Aug 2009 at 9:14 PM
I haven't gotten the game yet but im reading these threads for tips

- only play one household
- sims look like clones

any other tips?

www.thelongaliens.livejournal.com *updated 7-13-11* please leave a comment if you read it!
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 24th Aug 2009 at 11:46 PM
i got a tip: if you change the hair color with a mirror after create-a-sim, apparently hair dye is radioactive in the sims 3, because the new hair color becomes genetic. it's really weird o.O
Page 2 of 2