Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th May 2008 at 8:33 PM
Default Extreme Weather (Earthquakes, Tornadoes, etc.): Could it work in Sims?
Do you think Earthquakes, Tornadoes and so on and so forth could work in Sims games? I've never played Seasons or anything like that so I don't know if this already happens. However, I have played Castaway Stories. Hurricanes and Earthquakes happen in that game. But in the regular Sims games, do you think extreme weather could work?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th May 2008 at 12:37 AM
Could? Of course.... could without completely destroying your graphics card? Doubt it. Nonetheless a cool idea and if it were implemented it would definately be some sort of expansion.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 5th May 2008 at 3:01 AM
Cool idea, but I think we better stick to hailstorms, snowstorms and thunderstorms. I think tornadoes, earthquakes and other extreme weather are possible--without killing your graphics card, perhaps.
Alchemist
#4 Old 5th May 2008 at 3:10 AM
I can just see now, the option to save or go into buy mode being disabled and having to sit there waiting for sim hours for your screen to stop shaking in the "earth quake" that happens every other day, right after the tornados that happen every day just ruined your flower beds and car.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 5th May 2008 at 8:12 AM
yeah lol. Personally I wouldn't like natural disasters, but I guess it would be ok if you could turn them off.
Alchemist
#6 Old 5th May 2008 at 10:31 AM
i wouldnt like natural disasters either cos thunderstorms already p*** me off. :P
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 5th May 2008 at 10:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kustirider2
i wouldnt like natural disasters either cos thunderstorms already p*** me off. :P

If you hate that you'll definitely hate hailstorms :p

But I'd love to see volcanoes in TS3. Crazy, I know, but imagine the carnage...:evil:
Alchemist
#8 Old 5th May 2008 at 10:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 1306
If you hate that you'll definitely hate hailstorms :p

But I'd love to see volcanoes in TS3. Crazy, I know, but imagine the carnage...:evil:

im okay with everything else just if its really loud and you have your speakers on full blast
but volcanoes sound great!
#9 Old 5th May 2008 at 10:50 AM
After Disasters, I want a Diseases and Plague expansion pack.
Theorist
#10 Old 5th May 2008 at 11:35 AM
I'd love it, But only *ONLY* in the hood view. Like in SC4, YOUR OWN WILL. no -automatic- weather, YOU choose! Plus, It'll save your card!

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
#11 Old 5th May 2008 at 12:10 PM
i love the idea =)
Mad Poster
#12 Old 5th May 2008 at 12:19 PM
I'd actually be happy if sims will at least pull out an umbrella or wear a rain coat if they are going out in the rain. I love how they all run for shelter when it hails in the Sims2. I don't care for tornadoes or earthquakes, I doubt they'll do anything more than shake the screen and probably make sims terrified for the rest of their lifes. That is if they don't wipe out your carefully planned out city toghether with your favourite 100th generation legacy. lol
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 5th May 2008 at 1:27 PM
Yes, that's a bit more Sim City-ish stuff. I remember playing original and it had Gojira. Maybe they'll combine the games in the distant future.

A lurking translator who goes stealthily converting text strings into finnish when he feels like doing that, which is very rarely.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 5th May 2008 at 1:45 PM
Yeah, I wasn't thinking about the graphics card.

Something that would be cool for a Tornado, would be a tornado shelter. It would be something you build underground. I think that would be great.

And during a tornado or an earthquake, there could be a minimal chance of destroying everything on your lot, and more of a chance that something would break and you would have to replace it.
Instructor
#15 Old 5th May 2008 at 2:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
I'd actually be happy if sims will at least pull out an umbrella or wear a rain coat if they are going out in the rain.

That annoys me too! It's so stupid when they stand there in a downpour with not even a hat on and are yet miraculously dry.
#16 Old 5th May 2008 at 7:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
I'd actually be happy if sims will at least pull out an umbrella or wear a rain coat if they are going out in the rain. I love how they all run for shelter when it hails in the Sims2. I don't care for tornadoes or earthquakes, I doubt they'll do anything more than shake the screen and probably make sims terrified for the rest of their lifes. That is if they don't wipe out your carefully planned out city toghether with your favourite 100th generation legacy. lol

They did that in Shenmue.. I agree, it'd be neat!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 5th May 2008 at 8:48 PM
The thing about extreme weather is they are generally destructive. While I it may be fun looking at a tornado tearing the neighbourhood or buildings collapsing from earthquake, I don't think it would be fun recreating the community afterward.

I myself would be extremely unhappy if a house I spend time on building and furnishing was destroyed. I wonder if they will tone down fires to prevent them from being too destructive.

However, I would like to see some more weather effects, such as wind blowing hats or umbrellas about or really heavy snow or rain. But nothing that would be destructive.
Scholar
#18 Old 5th May 2008 at 8:59 PM
It would be interesting but the consequences can be very destructive (see in Burma *cry*).

And simply with fire in the Sims 2, houses cannot be affected. I haven't play to Castaway stories but what about constructions under hurricanes ? Are they concerned ? Damaged ? Ruined ?
If there is such destruction in the Sims 2 stories maybe it can be take for the Sims 3. Maybe...
Field Researcher
#19 Old 14th May 2008 at 2:16 PM
It be cool if your wallpaper got singed in fires. It'd probably end up being a hidden version of every wallpaper in the game that's singed or a soot overlay you could grab with 'moveobjects on'. Then you'd have to get your sims to scrub the walls or just replace them. Particularly neat sims would probably have a mental breakdown though...

I suppose earthquakes could be like a bigger version of screen-shake in sims2 when your sims get joy-buzzered.
Test Subject
#20 Old 29th May 2008 at 7:59 AM
Tornadoes, earthquakes, etc. are a cool idea, but you'd need one hell of a graphics card for it. I think that for the safety of our computers, sticking to simpler weather is a better idea.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#21 Old 29th May 2008 at 11:37 AM
It would be good if they could do it in a similar way to Sim City. You could alter the intensity/ chance of natural disaster occurring, and also go to 'god' mode to wreak havoc if you were in an evil mood. Sometimes I think that would be interesting in the Sims- to be able to 'shake things up' a bit. Plus I want one hundred foot tall Servos stomping my hood, dammit!
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 29th May 2008 at 12:57 PM
Attack of the servos!!

Sorry, I can't help it. I love the idea of a servo stomping around town.

I have so many ideas for disasters in the town:
-Tornadoes! Let's see a sim getting thrown up into the air then get gently put down again. Then they vomit.
-Floods. I want houses underwater. Okay, that's too much.
-Rockslide--since we have a mountain as a neighborhood deco, I think this would look cool.
Test Subject
#23 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 8:01 PM
Did you guys know that with the season's expansion pack, you can create a tornado. If you buy the weather controller from the aspiration rewards, have over 30,000 aspiration points and put the weather to rainy; then you must get a very low aspiration score and a very bad mood and there will be a tornado. It will destroy your landscaping and trees and leave a dirt path in your yard. I heard this online, so it may be a rumor.
Banned
#24 Old 23rd Jul 2010 at 8:06 PM
Was it really necessary to bummp a speculative topic about the game, from over two years ago, to post a rumor?
Test Subject
#25 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 10:28 AM
I keep imagining the weird glitches that would come with it. A sim pulls out an umbrella the the umbrella is stuck halfway through the sim or he/she can't moves. I think that would be great though the natural disasters..maybe Sims 4? It would be pretty hilarious to lose a sim to a tornado.