Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1023
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 1 (Who?), Viewed: 2167 times.
Search this Thread
Old 18th Sep 2017, 3:59 AM DefaultModifying this CC door (Oops! Someone's already made it) #1
_Anora_
Original Poster

Test Subject

So, what I'm trying to do is this:

That's tbudgett's 2-tile craftsman interior door in this set: tbudgett's craftsman set.

As you can see, I just want to get rid of the transom window above the door. So, I've exported the door frame meshes in SimPE and opened them in Milkshape. The mesh comes in three groups: the wallshadow, the window (which encompasses the door frame and the transom above), and the windows in the transom. I deleted the last mesh, cut out the transom, and brought down the top, resized the wallshadow and I have this:

So far, the mesh looks like I may be on the right track, but I feel like I had to have gone wrong by deleting the transom window group. I know I also need to modify the wallmask, and I'm still reading about that, and will probably go wrong there. But for now, did I already screw this up when I deleted a group from the mesh?
Screenshots
Click image for larger version

Name:  Untitled-2.png
Views: 0
Size:  134.8 KB   Click image for larger version

Name:  Untitled-1.png
Views: 0
Size:  21.2 KB  
Last edited by _Anora_ : 18th Sep 2017 at 6:07 AM. Reason: Someone already made it
Old 18th Sep 2017, 6:06 AM #2
_Anora_
Original Poster

Test Subject

I tried to get rid of this post, but can't. Someone else has apparently done this over at TSR. If anyone's interested, it's here: Door

Section jump: