Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Apr 2007 at 2:18 AM Last edited by IgnorantBliss : 27th Apr 2007 at 5:21 AM.
Default Tutorial: Attaching Icons to careers
It seems to me that i get more PMs about how to attach Icons to Careers, So i'm just going to write a turtorial on it. Images do have a specific size, type, and to some creators look. The siz of an image CAN be varied, and all of mine are different. If you want an exact size, then just extract the maxis defaualt and edit it to your liking. Now, after you have edited your image, save it in one of these filetypes: JPG, PNG, TGA* These are the ones that the game will read.
Now, in sim PE, go to the images in the resource tree.

Click on all of the images one at a time and hit "Replace"

Use The File you edited as the icon and your set! Just commit the changes and you should be good to go!

* I'm not sure about this format, but i believe that it works.

Coming soon: Screenshots
Screenshots

Life is not measured by how many breaths you take, it is measured by the moments that take our breath away.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 9:34 AM
Thankyou very much! I was wondering how to do this! My career should be almost good to go now! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 28th Feb 2008 at 11:04 PM
Thanks i needed this!

HELLO
Click HERE to view all of my downloads!

Ty Woodchip50
Test Subject
#4 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 3:49 PM
its good
Test Subject
#5 Old 25th Jul 2008 at 10:51 PM
Thanx a lot ur a legend!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 20th Sep 2008 at 9:48 AM
How do you link the icon to the career reward? After following the steps above my icon shows up in the game, but not with my custom reward (in the rewards panel). My custom reward is a cloned item of an in-game object.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 9:43 PM
like everyone else, thank you! this is the last tutorial I need for my new career!

ENTJ