Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Mar 2019 at 11:15 AM
Default WCIF a mod that makes food and easel paintings buyable?
I know about buyable pottery, flowers and few other craftables (as well as buyable aspiration, career rewards and other gameplay objects for lot builders), but I can't seem to find buyable food and paintings. Does anyone know if such mod exists and where to download it? Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Mar 2019 at 3:20 PM
You don't need a mod. Make the food, paint the painting, place them in a business, and set them for sale. Just like any other craftable, you'll have to have more in inventory in order to sell them.

Or do you mean "for sale from the catalog?" No; but if you learn to recolor, the paintings files available in the "Paintings" folder should be easy to make into catalog paintings. Pick or create a mesh, apply the image as a texture, and there you are.

Custom small appliances exist which will generate small plates of food. Xnem is the big name for those, with dessert carts, donut boxes, fruit salad bowls, etc. Xnem is no longer active and it may be difficult to track them down, but they're out there. The Silver Llama Buffet is a community lot the includes counters that can be set to serve and charge for meals, with or without an owner, but I can't for the life of me remember where I got it. Sorry not to have links, but this information should get your started and I bet somebody out there knows where to find one of them.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#3 Old 14th Mar 2019 at 4:12 PM
Exnem has all their food stuff on the Booty.
Theorist
#4 Old 14th Mar 2019 at 5:15 PM
Exnem's buyable foods can be found here http://svs.paysites.mustbedestroyed...buy_mode/foods/...if that is what you are referring to.

And if you (or anyone else) are interested, I revamped some of Exnem's food items and they can be found at:
http://gardenofshadows.org.uk/garde...39340#msg739340
http://gardenofshadows.org.uk/garde...37394#msg737394
http://gardenofshadows.org.uk/garde...26134#msg726134

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Mar 2019 at 6:55 PM Last edited by MystAngel : 14th Mar 2019 at 7:10 PM.
I read my post again; it really is sloppily written and unclear. Sorry about that.

Peni Griffin, what I meant by "buyable" is - obtainable via build/buy mode. So yes, visible/available/accesible in catalog and ready for placement in community or unoccupied residential lots. I didn't mean buyable for the sims (as in set for sale), I meant buyable for me (as in obtaining gameplay objects without actual gameplay ). The problem with using sims to get objects via live mode is lot corruption. That lot can not be used for any other sim and in any other neighborhood anymore, unless you want to also take references of the sim who helped you decorate the lot.

I really need buyable food right now. It would be sooo useful for completing bakeries (without using sims for cooking, I mean). At this moment all I can get from catalog and put in the food display are birthday and wedding cakes, which is not really what I'm aiming for. Leaving empty food displays is also unsatisfactorily. I'll attach pictures from my game to illustrate what I mean.

A perfect example of gameplay objects made buyable for lot builders is this series by HugeLunatic. For some reason he doesn't have easel paintings made buyable. I wonder if is it because it wasn't possible to do, or because he didn't get around to doing it.

Thanks everyone for your help, I'll check out the mods and objects you recommended.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#6 Old 14th Mar 2019 at 7:51 PM
You can clean out sim references.
Check out the xnem stuff for sure - a lot of that is suitable for bakeries.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 12:24 AM
I don't think easel paintings have ever been made buyable. I think maybe someone could make them as a standalone wall hanging like any other wall hanging, but they would not be actual easel paintings-if ykwim, they would be CC.
There is quite a bit of buyable food in that sims can take a serving from one of exems buyable food plates and the game charges them for it. Not the game foods you have pictured there. At the moment the only way would be for a sim to make them and stock the shelves.

The only game food that you can place in a bakery in build mod are the cakes under party and the slice of cake which has been extracted. Only its not edible and needs the sledgehammer to delete. I have a couple of lots with it. Should be a link on my last lot.

The only other way is for a sim to buy the lot, bake and place the food, sell the lot back then clean the lot before offering it for upload.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 8:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PenelopeT
Exnem's buyable foods can be found here http://svs.paysites.mustbedestroyed...buy_mode/foods/...if that is what you are referring to.

And if you (or anyone else) are interested, I revamped some of Exnem's food items and they can be found at:

Ooh, shiny. I have something called Echo chocolate box. That's not the same one is it? And can you have all 4 of your boxes or you have to pick one?
Theorist
#9 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 11:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Ooh, shiny. I have something called Echo chocolate box. That's not the same one is it? And can you have all 4 of your boxes or you have to pick one?

Not sure what Echo chocolate box is...

The chocolate boxes I revamped are Exnem's. And, yes, you can have all four of them, but as stated in my posting, they are edits of the original boxes with the same GUID's. So, you cannot have my versions and the original chocolate boxes installed at the same time.

The only box I did not update is Exnem's heart chocolate box, as it wasn't something I'd ever really use, but it can be found in the original chocolate boxes set at the Booty link I provided.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#10 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 1:33 PM
I have tried to make the easel painting buyable, but it was complicated and I never bothered trying to make it work. For some reason the vertical Bella painting is what is placed.

I could probably do the food, but I feel as though it exists somewhere?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 2:08 PM
I don't think so. I know in the past looking for food that slice of cake was all I could find.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#12 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 2:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PenelopeT
Not sure what Echo chocolate box is...

Thanks.

I found the echo one; it was totally different. http://modthesims.info/d/130150/wor...colate-box.html
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 4:25 PM
There is this set which comes with a lot of food you can use as bakery deco. http://modthesims.info/d/163210/ant...s-and-more.html
Field Researcher
#14 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 4:42 AM
@MystAngel
I posted a lot of buyable food here.
There's also a number of objects that can spawn food. Would you be interested in that?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 17th Mar 2019 at 1:41 AM
Thanks everyone for taking the time to help, I really appreciate every response.

Jo, I trust your judgement, you're a walking TS2 encyclopedia. If you say something doesn't exist in TS2, I believe you. Yes, I wanted a mod, not an object functioning as CC, but I'm not totally against CC, I use it sparingly, so I'm open for getting some once in a while. I also recently saw your tutorial mentioning an easier method of cleaning Sim references (with Lot Compressor), so I will definitely try that too.

HugeLunatic, I didn't want this to sound as a request, but it would be GREAT if you manage to do it. Your "Buyable game objects" series is my most used set of mods lately. I will regularly check your page for any new editions, thank you. :lovestruc

Aileena, that looks great! I understand it functions as CC and the site requires registration, but doesn't matter, I definitely wanna try those "11 no-cook (buyable meals)". Thanks!
Mad Poster
#16 Old 17th Mar 2019 at 3:41 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 17th Mar 2019 at 7:11 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
I have tried to make the easel painting buyable, but it was complicated and I never bothered trying to make it work. For some reason the vertical Bella painting is what is placed.

The easiest way to make it buyable would probably be to extract the canvas and painting textures, and make a standalone painting. Possibly making the easel into a stand with a slot, and a separate canvas to place on it.

Should be easy enough, anyway... *opens SimPE and starts tinkering*

EDIT: Been wanting to do something like this for ages. I've made a wall painting with the maxis canvas frame (removable through texture), and a deco easel with a separate canvas including the "reveal layer" (also removable through texture), so it's possible to have easels with deco paintings that look unfinished - this is more for a decorative purpose, though. Still have a bit of tinkering and testing to do, but I'll probably upload them on my site when they're done