Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Mar 2019 at 6:26 PM
Default Is it possible to make sims 4 Build/Buy UI reach half of the screen
Hi All,

I have a question, maybe there's a setting or maybe there's a mod for it but I haven't found it yet. But the situation is as following. I have a 32 inch wide screen, playing the sims in 3440 x 1440. The Sims is playing great on this resolution. Except is it possible to have build/buy mode ui only to reach half of the screen? I am breaking my neck looking from left to right trying to find the right furniture. I attached an image of what I currently see and marked red what I'd rather see.

Yes, I could sit further from the screen except my desk is not so big. And also, yes, I could play the sims in a smaller resolution but it's just more fun and immersive playing it full screen.
No, It's not the font of my UI, I found lots of information on the internet about that.

Hopefully someone has some tips
Screenshots
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 8th Mar 2019 at 11:06 PM
I'm not sure about cutting the UI in half, but I do know there's a way to increase the size so the thumbnails are larger and easier to see. Here's a thread on how to do that. It's basically a setting you can change in Notepad.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3 Old 9th Mar 2019 at 9:03 AM
Am I imagining it or didn't we used to be able to "pull up" the catalog so you could see more objects at once? Now all the pullup arrow does is open the filter bar

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Forum Resident
#4 Old 9th Mar 2019 at 9:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Am I imagining it or didn't we used to be able to "pull up" the catalog so you could see more objects at once? Now all the pullup arrow does is open the filter bar

I AM SO PASSIONATE ABOUT THIS TOPIC! TS2 and TS3 had this fantastic option where you could see more items at once (I don't think TS4 ever had it). I miss that option so much And I always wished we could have an option to even increase the amount of thumbnails and the size of them because monitors are getting bigger and bigger so there's more than enough space.

#5 Old 9th Mar 2019 at 10:08 AM
So I am just misremembering? Because for some reason I had it in my mind that it was only TS4 where you could pull it up as high as you like with a pull-tab thingy.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 9th Mar 2019 at 6:44 PM
So I am just misremembering? Because for some reason I had it in my mind that it was only TS4 where you could pull it up as high as you like with a pull-tab thingy.

You can do that with their inventories in 4.
#7 Old 9th Mar 2019 at 8:11 PM
I might be mixing up the two things then

Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 8:45 PM
Hmm, Yes making the UI bigger is not helping unfortunately you still have to move your head from left to right too much haha. Maybe I'm too lazy. And also you can't pull things either. I think this would be a great feature for in the sims 4.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 14th Mar 2019 at 5:35 PM

There's also the relationship tab that have been patched to do it and more recently the traits tab because of the sim reputation infos that had to be squeezed in. Those can be pulled as much as you want.
But the buy and build mode never got this option.