Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#7076 Old 15th Apr 2019 at 11:26 AM
Another fear I had never seen before. Alexander is very worried that his fish might die.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#7077 Old 16th Apr 2019 at 3:16 PM
Eight sims can participate in a water balloon fight! Guessing this applies to snowball fights as well.

In this case useful for getting university sims to meet without any bother.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#7078 Old 16th Apr 2019 at 8:01 PM
Here is a little mystery...(to me anyway)
Lina, a toddler was sleeping in her crib. Then she wakes up and start crying. I have CribGetOutAll, so I know she will get out in a second.
But no. Instead she had a Be changed(showing the changing table) interaction queued up...so she stayed there waiting.
Be changed? since when? There was only 2 adults in the house, and both were doing something/had something queued, and dad even had go bed in his.
As far as I know, baby/toddlers get changed at a changing table if they are dirty...not when their bladder is half full. And, putting a toddler to bed in their crib is when they changed them to sleepwear. Not the other way around. I personally never saw a Sim, changing their toddler to Everyday as they take them out of the crib.(Lina was in sleepwear obviously)
So what was that?
I waited a bit, but no one came to pick her up, and the Be changed eventually disappeared.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#7079 Old 16th Apr 2019 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Throw food is under play right? Not flirt...But i do admit, I use it myself to make relationship better between young couple

Throw food led to the first gay romance in my game back in 2004 or 5 And a lot of drama, since both sims were married!
Mad Poster
#7080 Old 17th Apr 2019 at 9:30 AM
But no. Instead she had a Be changed(showing the changing table) interaction queued up...so she stayed there waiting.
Be changed? since when? There was only 2 adults in the house, and both were doing something/had something queued, and dad even had go bed in his.
So what was that?
Unhelpful comment: Considering moving them out now, pronto!

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Field Researcher
#7081 Old 17th Apr 2019 at 10:12 AM
Here is a little mystery...(to me anyway)
Lina, a toddler was sleeping in her crib. Then she wakes up and start crying. I have CribGetOutAll, so I know she will get out in a second.
As far as I know, baby/toddlers get changed at a changing table if they are dirty...not when their bladder is half full. And, putting a toddler to bed in their crib is when they changed them to sleepwear. Not the other way around. I personally never saw a Sim, changing their toddler to Everyday as they take them out of the crib.(Lina was in sleepwear obviously)
So what was that?
I waited a bit, but no one came to pick her up, and the Be changed eventually disappeared.

Perhaps you have an invisible lurker from a glitched phone call? Try the Batbox.
Mad Poster
#7082 Old 17th Apr 2019 at 12:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aysarth
Perhaps you have an invisible lurker from a glitched phone call? Try the Batbox.

Maybe...though i use the cat statue every 5 minutes or so, to zap unwanted visitors...but loiterers might be different. I'll try that, thank you.

Alchemist
#7083 Old 17th Apr 2019 at 1:08 PM
Maybe...though i use the cat statue every 5 minutes or so, to zap unwanted visitors...but loiterers might be different. I'll try that, thank you.

Goodness, that's a lot of zapping, why?
Mad Poster
#7084 Old 17th Apr 2019 at 2:03 PM
bah you know...uninvited guest comes in to cool off, watch tv and use the bathroom? It happens a lot in apartments and sometimes there is just no room for so many guests.

Mad Poster
#7085 Old 17th Apr 2019 at 2:53 PM
Ah, yes, offworld loiterers is something different. It means someone's gone invisible on you and is considered to be present on the lot even though you can't see them. There's no option for that on the teleporter cat. You need the batbox option Nuke/offworld loiterers.

One thing that periodically happens to me on apartments is, I'll invite a sim over, generally as part of a party or a household, and they'll wander off somewhere, possibly into a different apartment, and never leave, but never become visible to interact with. So the next time I try to invite that sim, he's not available on the phone, and if I look in the relationship panel he's in the front ranks with the "other sims on lot" portraits, relationship steadily decaying due to lack of contact, but no matter where I look he's not around. Or a customer or employee will get invisibly stuck on an owned lot and the owner can't leave. That kind of thing.
I don't think this applies to the child in the crib, though, because offworld loiterers aren't interactable or detectable. But possibly if this was in an apartment someone from another apartment was thinking of changing the child and it timed out before he could arrive?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#7086 Old 17th Apr 2019 at 3:36 PM
Well, there is no loiterers on my lot, and the only time I see this on the batbox is when my sims are on the phone..which is normal
Other sims on lot portrait? there is a way of telling who is there by looking at the relationship panel? How..this is a new thing for me. I thought only sims 3 had that...
As for who it was that wanted to change her, I am not really bothered. My post was more about that be changed interaction that I had never seen before. Changing a toddler using the changing table is rarely autonomous. She did not need a diaper change either and like I said, no one ever dress a toddler in everyday for no reason.

Mad Poster
#7087 Old 17th Apr 2019 at 4:33 PM
Sort of...If you look at the relationship panel, by default, sims will be arranged first in order of proximity and then in order of relationship. So if they're on their home lot, the first portrait may be of the spouse, the second of the baby, and the third of the brother-in-law crashing on the couch; then the fourth panel is of their best friend, then their second best friend, and so on until you hit that long string of 0/0 people. The spouse gets caught cheating, and then the arrangement is Baby/Brother-in-law/Spouse/Best friend.
But if you take the same sim to a community lot on her own, all her family members get shoved down the portrait order to make room for the barista, the cashier, and the random townie she's met before but doesn't really know, and you'd have to go all the way to the end of her panel to find the spouse. Suddenly, however, the spouse's girlfriend walks onto the lot, and her portrait appears between the random townie and baby - until the active sim spots her, at which point she dashes over to slap her, and the girlfriend leaps to the first panel, because she's actually being interacted with.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Inventor
#7088 Old 17th Apr 2019 at 7:11 PM
I recall two instances of something similar happening with toddlers. In both cases, it was family members who had left the lot for work/school. In the first case, the toddler themself was trying to follow their parents. A portrait of mom and dad kept flashing up in the queue while the toddler sat on the floor. In the second case, the toddler was near red in energy. Various absent family members queued up to hold the toddler, even though there was no way they could do so. Once I broke the cycle by directing the toddlers to do something else (go play and go to sleep on a mat), the queuing stopped.
Test Subject
#7089 Old 18th Apr 2019 at 5:18 AM
Default bathroom conversion
I downloaded converted all in one bathrooms by Veranka, I thought they would function as a regular shower. Turns out they function just as they did in sims 3! here at the bottom
Mad Poster
#7090 Old 18th Apr 2019 at 6:29 PM
Believe it or not, it took me all those years to find out that Nanny can join on the doll house.

Top Secret Researcher
#7091 Old 22nd Apr 2019 at 3:59 AM
I've only just discovered that all those different coloured wall-mounted speakers in community lots play different music! How long have I been playing? Admittedly, I'm not a huge fan of playing businesses but I'm amazed I never knew this.
Lab Assistant
#7092 Old 22nd Apr 2019 at 10:36 AM Last edited by Rebellina : 23rd Apr 2019 at 1:17 PM.
I discovered something nifty yesterday: How to use a default replacement tombstone/gravestone

If you use a default replacement for the tombstones, the ones that already exist don´t take on the replacement. Only when a „new“ person dies, after you have placed the default replacement into your downloads folder, it gets the new mesh. Or so I thought, until I accidentally put the Maxis gravemarker into a house, then took it out again, and voilá, suddenly the gravestone turned into the new mesh!

I was trying to hide the glaring golden tombstones of my gold aspiration sims, and used Buggybooz´niches to put the urns inside (Pic1)

In the front, you can see my new default replacement from Hodgekiss (Pic2)

If you google "sims 2 default replacement gravestone", you can find lots of other nice default replacements for the stones.

All I need now are some nice defaulted urns.

Happy Easter everyone!

Edit: I realized this only works on community lots, not on residential lots.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#7093 Old 22nd Apr 2019 at 9:24 PM
Oh, I have some pretty strong feelings about what I just discovered - really angry ones.

Jennifer Burb is an elder. She has two wants that are identical - at least I thought at first - for a relative to get married. Except one is for the relative to get married and the second is for the relative to get joined. This would be adorable, given that Lucy is planning on marrying a woman now that her divorce from her husband has gone through. Jennifer and John's son, Ian, likes women too, as does their youngest, Willa. So you can interpret one wish for Lucy and the other for Ian (Willa's still in college, and a romance sim, so she's not likely to get married any time soon).

Except - EXCEPT - if I fulfill her want for a relative to get marries, I get 8000 Lifetime points. If I fulfill her want for a relative to get joined, I only get 5000!

The language never bothered me before because to me it was always the same thing and America was behind on legislation (Yay Canada, being slightly ahead of the curve). But that the reward given based on one is lower than the other? NOT ACCEPTABLE.

Anyone know where I can find those mods to fix it so that it's married for everyone?
Alchemist
#7094 Old 22nd Apr 2019 at 9:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yavannatw
I've only just discovered that all those different coloured wall-mounted speakers in community lots play different music! How long have I been playing? Admittedly, I'm not a huge fan of playing businesses but I'm amazed I never knew this.

I love picking out the mood music for my community lots. I didn't know this for a long time either. I just wondered why so many colors.
Inventor
#7095 Old 22nd Apr 2019 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Coriel_Muroz
Anyone know where I can find those mods to fix it so that it's married for everyone?

Here you are!
Field Researcher
#7096 Old 23rd Apr 2019 at 1:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Devon Aster
Here you are!

Thank you!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7097 Old 24th Apr 2019 at 12:41 PM
I just discovered that the penguin also likes to talk to the scarecrow...

about sport and pizza.
Screenshots

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#7098 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 3:15 PM
I discovered that the newspaper is not always delivered flat. Sometimes it comes folded.
Screenshots

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Top Secret Researcher
#7099 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 4:52 PM
I've never seen it folded, except the insimenator version.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Lab Assistant
#7100 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 8:19 PM
Not really discovered but seen for the first time (had the game since release) sponge bath in sink animation! This is the Sim that often shrugs when I direct to shower but autonomous does the dishes. Love the contrast.
Page 284 of 444