Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Apr 2024 at 1:12 PM
Default Bring Lyla Grunt back to life.
Hi guys!
After 15 years, I remembered that Strangetown exists. After studying all the families, I decided to play for the General Grunt family. His middle son grew up and moved away from his father along with his younger brother. While thinking about a possible story I would play out with these two, I came up with a certain Fullmetal Alchemist reference - the resurrection of their mother, Lyla Grunt.
I studied this issue as much as I could and realized that bringing Lyla back to life is about as good an idea as adding a Social Bunny to the family. But I still didn’t want to give up the story of my mother’s resurrection, so I came up with another way out - to create a copy of Lyla, settle her in the town, make her a relative of my entire family and kill her again.
And this brings up the main question: if I delete all family connections to the original Lyla and try to replace her in the family tree with a new copy, how much can I screw up the entire town?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Apr 2024 at 3:05 PM
No help for this playthrough, but this fixes the dead sims so they're resurrectable. https://meetmetotheriver.tumblr.com...rerelease-fixed
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Apr 2024 at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
No help for this playthrough, but this fixes the dead sims so they're resurrectable. https://meetmetotheriver.tumblr.com...rerelease-fixed

Roughly speaking, I can't do anything with the current Strangetown - I need to put a new town from this link, do I understand correctly?
Scholar
#4 Old 19th Apr 2024 at 5:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tami_Hlaalu
Roughly speaking, I can't do anything with the current Strangetown - I need to put a new town from this link, do I understand correctly?

Yes, there are a few different downloadable versions of Strangetown you can choose from, but they have fixed the data so that dead ancestors are fully resurrectable. I am playing this one right now: https://modthesims.info/d/641841/fi...trangetown.html
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Apr 2024 at 8:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sturlington
Yes, there are a few different downloadable versions of Strangetown you can choose from, but they have fixed the data so that dead ancestors are fully resurrectable. I am playing this one right now: https://modthesims.info/d/641841/fi...trangetown.html

Thank you very much!
Forum Resident
#6 Old 20th Apr 2024 at 10:10 AM
Bringing Maxis Lyla back isn't that much of a problem actually. Her face is messed up, so her appearance will get randomized or copied from a nearby sim, or it might look weird. This can be passed on to any children she has. I would generally recommend to play one of the fixed Strangetown versions, but you can safely revive her even in the regular game.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 20th Apr 2024 at 10:13 AM
I guess in that case if you wanted to keep the game you have already started, you could resurrect her there, and then before you do anything with her, quit, grab the details of Layla from the fixed Strangetown download and use SimSurgery to put her fixed appearance onto the one in your real game?

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old Yesterday at 8:50 AM
In short, here's the update. I was able to bring her back to life, yes, her face was at first somehow blurred, completely random. When I took her to the mirror and restored her eyebrows and her original hairstyle, everything seemed ok. When I took her to the mirror again to fix her make-up, her face twisted into that famous broken sh*t. But I just... used the plastic thing from the Sims Blender on her, duh. And she's completely ok. Now I have switched to playing for another family, I will track Lyla through messages in the game to make sure that she does not start "bearing fruit", lol.