Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#4076 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 10:39 PM
I think I was severely sleep deprived last night and shoulda went to bed much sooner than I did, which just happened to be 5am PDT ... lol. I went way, way, waaaay outta my norm in building this lot. I'm build more of tranquil easy on the eyes lots, but not this one. It's a EAxis revamp of a home, 116 Aridestra Drive in La Fiesta Tech, into a dorm. I think I was inspired to get so... errr colorfully creative because it had a drum set, the guitar, and the microphone on the rooftop.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#4077 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 10:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by citybeyond
The Tombstone always scares me because I'm worried about death tokens going missing. That might be old, long debunked rumour, though.

I'm super pleased, because with lots of thinking and various wonderful mods, I've finally got a working repairman system happening in my hood. Because of my rules for skill building, Mechanical skill is highly difficult for my sims to build. Most are not capable of unclogging their toilet in a few goes, let alone a tv. Hence the need for Eliott Tellerman, my nominated guy, who I simply teleport using the Sim Blender to the household that need repairs done, then make him selectable. $100 for plumbing repairs, $200 for electrics! Payable by Pescado's money order. It's certainly better than being electrocuted!

My only gripe is that of course, Eliott or any of his future employees won't earn skill points on the job as they're technically visitors on the lot. Is there another 'make sim selectable hack' that makes this possible without doing anything messy like adding him to the household?

I've been wanting to try running service businesses in my hood like this for some time and I'm so pleased it's working roughly as intended!

This mod is mostly intended to work on Community Lots, but it is supposed to work elsewhere as well {home/community Lots/Shops}. OFB_CommunitySkilling by Squinge, also there is another you may want as well Electro Dance Sphere community skill fix {makes the Electro Dance Machine give body skill on community lots, needs to have a Community Lot skilling Mod.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Field Researcher
#4078 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 12:27 AM
GRAHHHH! What were you thinking Lilith?

I love Lilith Pleasant, and she and Dirk are super cute together. They've had struggles in my game. For the longest time, Dirk was so focused on his career that Lilith got lonely. She ended up sleeping with his friend Dustin (Dirk doesn't know about that).

But she and Dirk had figured things out. He was being more attentive and now that they reached their savings goal - $50 000! - he didn't feel the need to spend every minute of every day working. They were really enjoying their hobby time - both love science. Lilith was planning on throwing a few parties and Dirk was going to spend time there, rather than hiding in his room to work on his skills.

But then she invited Matthew Picaso over. She'd recently kissed him when she was out at the Crypt O'Night club by herself (Dirk was still too busy at that point). She hadn't intended to have an affair. After all, Jessica Picaso is one of her best friends. But suddenly, the two of them decided that perhaps an affair was a good idea. I suppose I could have lived with this, but Dirk gets home - he thinks everything is normal since he's also friends with Matthew and Jessica - and Matthew decides to make out with Lilith in front of him.

Well, that did not go well. Now Dirk is furious with both of them. He's considering telling Jessica that her husband is a cheat and maybe giving Lilith her half of the savings and telling her to get out.

Maybe I will have to create a new vote in my thread - Vote on what should happen in my game! Part 11 open (17/03/19)
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#4079 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 1:51 AM
Ive never really liked The Summerdream’s house :/
Not as in “I can just redecorate and make the rooms different” but as in: I don’t even like the outer walls placements. The shape of the house. By the end of the day I ended up moving them out in to another house. Now I know that in my megahood won’t Titiana stay for long. She has 3 bolts with Darren so either way she will end up moving out (I play with some rules) but I am thinking over wether Puck and Bottom should move with her or not. I’ve been thinking over it for a long time ---
I have to figure it out next time I play.
Anyway, I feel like my Veronville part of round 1 is soon over so I can move on to the best part: Pleasantview ;w;

I build small houses *^*
Lab Assistant
#4080 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 3:18 AM Last edited by tancred : 24th Mar 2019 at 5:05 PM.
I'm gingerly stepping back in after my 11-year-old Vista machine's hard drive experienced mechanical failure about a month ago. I had been very good about backing up everything every few weeks on one of those pop-out HP Personal Media Drives. But when I went to transfer all my files to my super new gaming PC, the drive lit up when I plugged it in, it made the usual revving up sounds, I connected it to the new machine via USB and... nothing. This kind of drive requires drivers to operate, and HP hasn't updated the drivers since 2009, so it's now useless. Dopey me! Having become more of a Mac person over the years, I'd forgotten all about the whole Windows drivers thing, and it had never occurred to me that this kind of gadget would require drivers. So, yeah, I should have switched to an external drive years ago. But this one had always worked so well!

It's all been kind of a shock to my Simming, as I had managed to keep the same Pleasantview neighborhood going since when The Sims 2 first came out. I've been playing Sim games since the days of SimCity 2000, SimTower, and SimCopter; I remember how wild a concept The Sims seemed at the time. Started it on a Windows 98 machine, transferred it to the Vista machine, kept the Vista machine going for all those years by replacing various parts. All I've ever played for more than a day is Pleasantview and its subhoods, including Brainania. The story I'd developed was sprawling.

While getting ready to start over, hunting down essential mods and downloading like mad, I came to realize what I did and didn't want. I'm not playing Pleasantview again. When I play a new neighborhood, if it doesn't come populated, I'm spawning or custom creating my own townies and such. No Goopy, no Benjamin Long (who was a vampire in my old game), no Kaylynn Langerak, no Tricous. They're done, or at least trapped in suspended animation. Rather than be exclusive, I'll play a few neighborhoods while I slowly build one (or more!) of my own from scratch. Last night I played my first household in Riverside; it was odd not to know generations' worth of backstory or who anyone was walking by, but it was also a lot of fun to discover a new world. In time I'll add subhoods, but for at least the first round I'll just play the neighborhood as it is. I really want to play a neighborhood in a desert terrain, too; somehow, Strangetown never interested me. And if I should happen to find someone with a functioning Vista machine, maybe I can rescue my Pleasantview. But in the meantime, a fresh start is good.
Test Subject
#4081 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 3:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
This mod is mostly intended to work on Community Lots, but it is supposed to work elsewhere as well {home/community Lots/Shops}. OFB_CommunitySkilling by Squinge, also there is another you may want as well Electro Dance Sphere community skill fix {makes the Electro Dance Machine give body skill on community lots, needs to have a Community Lot skilling Mod.

I do have community lot skilling, and it works well on community lots. However, visitors aren't gaining skills on residential lots. I wonder why?
Instructor
#4082 Old 23rd Mar 2019 at 3:30 PM
Thanks to a fever-dream I had a few days ago, I created a new hood sort-of inspired by Pokemon. Instead of catching Pokemon, Ash, and Gary (with the help of Professor Oak) have to produce 151 total sims. The challenge is going to be harder than I thought because Professor Oak and Delia aren't attracted to each other . The Ketchums' and Oaks' are playables, while Jessa, James, and Nurse Joy are townies. I also created Brock, Misty, and Officer Jenny (not pictured) as townies too.

I'm not sure how long I'm going to play this, but I can't wait to get started.
Screenshots

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Top Secret Researcher
#4083 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 2:02 AM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 24th Mar 2019 at 6:07 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by citybeyond
I do have community lot skilling, and it works well on community lots. However, visitors aren't gaining skills on residential lots. I wonder why?

@citybeyond

Try Selecting them with Merola64's MindControlMirror and then have them do something that should have them gain skill, that is how I do it and works in my game when I am playing University.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Scholar
#4084 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 6:28 AM
Mitch Indie has brought Jessica Picasso home from work every single day since he started his job, which was well before his toddler was conceived. It's getting on my nerves, and it's really getting on his wife's nerves. But Jessica seems to spend most of her time talking to Mitch's parrot, so I'm thinking of having Delilah give her the fool bird and see if that stops her coming round every night.

And if that doesn't work (which it probably won't), I might just institute a new rule whereby, if a Sim brings another Sim home on three consecutive nights, they have to get married, or at least move in together, regardless of previous marital status. That would certainly change up my usual "happy families for life" game!
Field Researcher
#4085 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 2:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
Mitch Indie has brought Jessica Picasso home from work every single day since he started his job, which was well before his toddler was conceived. It's getting on my nerves, and it's really getting on his wife's nerves. But Jessica seems to spend most of her time talking to Mitch's parrot, so I'm thinking of having Delilah give her the fool bird and see if that stops her coming round every night.

And if that doesn't work (which it probably won't), I might just institute a new rule whereby, if a Sim brings another Sim home on three consecutive nights, they have to get married, or at least move in together, regardless of previous marital status. That would certainly change up my usual "happy families for life" game!

Isn't there a bug that means that sims will always bring home the same person from work? I feel like I have a mod or there was a patch to fix that. Maybe something related to freetime?

But I LOVE the idea that something random like who comes home together from work or school could have a major impact like that on your neighbourhood.
Test Subject
#4086 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 2:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
@citybeyond

Try Selecting them with Merola64's MindControlMirror and then have them do something that should have them gain skill, that is how I do it and works in my game when I am playing University.

Thank you so much lordtyger! I will give it a shot and report back!

I knew someone must have known a way!
Mad Poster
#4087 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 2:55 PM
Try rolling the pacifier. I think the game uses the same randomizer for bringing people home.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#4088 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 5:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Coriel_Muroz
Isn't there a bug that means that sims will always bring home the same person from work? I feel like I have a mod or there was a patch to fix that. Maybe something related to freetime?

But I LOVE the idea that something random like who comes home together from work or school could have a major impact like that on your neighbourhood.

I remember one of the EP booklets saying there was a bug and they'd patched it, but I swear mine got worse after the patch!

Thanks, @Peni Griffin. I think I might have Mitch try to flirt with Jessica, just to see what happens, and if he gets slapped I'll roll the pacifier so he doesn't bring her home again.
Test Subject
#4089 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 6:44 PM
One of my sims in the education career brings her landlord home every day! I guess she is a high school teacher by trade

I agree that apartment life doesn't seem to help much. I have a fix from twojeffs, but it doesn't work until you move the affected sim out and back in again in my experience. Perhaps try that?
Scholar
#4090 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 8:10 PM
I'll try that, thanks. They're living on campus (courtesy of InTeen), so at least I can move them out without their stuff disappearing.
Scholar
#4091 Old 26th Mar 2019 at 6:04 AM
Already the Genealogy of the Holy War (Fire Emblem 4) is falling apart. I only thought FE4 would be a good start to the world because it has plenty of family relationships. Sigurd isn't feeling anything for Deirdre, and Lewyn has a stronger attraction to Silvia than to his canon wife Erinys (thanks, ACR). SimPE to the rescue for that first one, because without that romance, the story just doesn't happen.

Lewyn is supposed to be a bard (Music career), but it wasn't popping up on the computer, so he had to settle for the Dancer career in the meantime. Oh well, in FE6 and FE7, dancers and bards were interchangeable - non-combat units that gave allies one extra turn. However, FE4/5 bards promoted into powerful Sages instead of being non-combat refresher units. Got sick on his very first day with the flu and then I sent him right to bed to recover. Already a "great" sign for him.

Arvis's first day running his restaurant (he originally preferred fire magic) went worse than expected. I had to replace all seats with the proper booth seats, then his (half-brother in the original canon, but full brother due to CAS limitations) Azelle dropped the plate three times in a row. Good thing the Business Owner career on here is helping his income out.

At least ACR got Quan and Ethlyn together like they're supposed to be in canon, and ensured their daughter Altena exists. I'll let ACR determine when their son Leif is born, and then disable Try For Baby because otherwise canon breaks.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Theorist
#4092 Old 26th Mar 2019 at 5:52 PM
So the Alto Mafia Clan has had some...changes in management.

Berto, Nick Alto's younger brother was getting on in the years, so playing "the boss' young, carefree brother" wasn't as fun for him as it used to be, plus his wife (Dina Caliente, in her second marriage) was dissatisfied with their living situation. So Berto Alto set out to dethrone his brother. He got the various henchmen of his side, those he didn't he "made dissappear" and replaced them with new ones (among them, of coruse, an Alien, Mickey Green) And he even got help from Holly Alto, who wished to escape her family's criminal roots and run off to marry her secret lover, Gordon King (in this neighbourhood he was born in game, and is Brandi Broke's nephew)
He eventually succeeded, Nick Alto was done away with (unfortunately Nick's wife, Esmeralda Lothario and Gordon's father, Nigel were caught in the crossfire and were killed alongside Nick).
So Berto became the Boss, he and Dina moved into the Alto Villa and Holly and Gordon were allowed to leave and build their own life, away from "the family".
So Dina's now the Queen Consort of Sim City's underworld and married to the most dangerous Sim in the neighbourhood...so of course what does she do at the very next house party she's invited to? She starts making out with her old flame, Dirk Dreamer, right on the dance floor.... so, would people once again explain to me why I would need ACR to create drama?

Berto's alien henchman, Mickey, meanwhile caused problems of his own, he fell for one of the neighbourhood women, Kelly (Oldie) Stacks, and because she was already married, he called up some friends on his home planet and had her husband, Rodney abducted by them. I plan to memory-wipe Rodney with the Tabula Rasa spell and re-introduce him next rotation. Kelly, a very irresponsible Romance/Pleasure Sim didn't miss her husband very much, but she did send her two daughters, Deanna and Scarlett, to live with her oldest brother, Keith (an also very irresponsible, but very caring Pleasure/Family Sim)

And on the topic of fostering Sim children out: since Peni Griffin explained the whole process to me over in the story dilemma thread (as in how to foster Sim children in other families, without messing up their family trees) I also moved Diego Lothario, Don and Nina's son, into the Danders household. His parents can't really care for him anymore, Don's a zombie, Nina's a vampire queen, it wouldn't work. He's acclimating very well into the Danders family and is already best friends with their youngest son, Darryl.

Finally Landon and Titania Wolff broke up after Landon took offense to Titania (a witch) raising his father as a zombie. Landon has already remarried, while Titania is on her own right now, but I remade Christopher Steel from Sims 3 for her and plan to have them get married, mostly because I want her name to be Titania Steel (hurhurhur).

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Forum Resident
#4093 Old 27th Mar 2019 at 2:24 AM
I accidentally moved some Capps on the Monty side of Veronaville but then I remembered that they didn’t have the last name Capp anymore and then just went like... yeah... and ignored it. Plus I really liked the house I’ve “redesigned” from one of my own builds so...

I build small houses *^*
Scholar
#4094 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 1:26 AM
Not sure if this counts, but I just got Life Stories and Castaway Stories. Pretty excited!
Top Secret Researcher
#4095 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 3:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DezzyDoesThings
Not sure if this counts, but I just got Life Stories and Castaway Stories. Pretty excited!

I got Castaway Stories not long ago, I thought it was very fun. I don't know if you already know, but I wanted to let you know that you can use some of the mods {and some other content as well} from the Sims 2 {basically Seasons and Below}: This is what I have installed in my Castaway Stories game in the Downloads Folder inside The Sims Castaway Stories folder
ffsdebugger.package, ijTeleporterSeasons.package, Painting_MaskTiki.package, quaxi_pets_censor_v1.package, Sculpture_Wall_DriedFlowers.package, Sculpture_WishingPot.package, Sim Blender.package, stuckobjremover.package, and TableDining_Tiki.package

Test Subject
#4096 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 10:53 AM
I played Castaway many moons ago and I was pleasantly surprised by how similar to the main game it is. After you play through the story you can build homes and raise generations just the same. It's a very sweet game.
Mad Poster
#4097 Old 28th Mar 2019 at 5:40 PM
Loki & Circe's youngest daughter; Brannaer gave birth to a healthy little girl today named Cyra. Only problem is, Bran is 15 and unmarried. Loki and Circe, frequently rubbing elbows with families such as the Goth's, Landgraab's and Capp's couldn't have that. Bran wouldn't say who the father is, as she knew that they would force her to marry him and it would ruin her family's connections. So instead, they promptly married her off to the butler, claiming it was his child.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Field Researcher
#4098 Old 29th Mar 2019 at 7:24 AM
I'm currently slowly putting all of my sims information into the Sim Tracker. It's definitely a tedious process, but will be worth it if I can stop using Trello and a spreadsheet.

At the Goth household in college, Ginger Newson and Ariana Caliente broke up. They were set to be engaged, but Ariana decided that it wouldn't go anywhere after figuring out she doesn't like children and Ginger wants 10! ACR immediately turned Ginger towards Christina Goth, but so far Christina keeps rejecting her which is a good thing since roommate and girlfriend Sascha Dreamer lives in the same dorm.
Scholar
#4099 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 6:06 AM
The Baldwin family's rotation opened with a rare moment of tranquility - Isabel asleep in bed with Danny Crittur curled up beside her and Marisela in her crib. It didn't last long, and the family is starting to get out of hand. They have three children (Sophia and Marcus are teens and Marisela grew up to child during the rotation) and another on the way, and Isabel will keep taking in stray dogs! They started by adopting Danny from the shelter, but then little Tucker kept stopping by to eat from Danny's bowl, so Isabel took him in, too. Then Alegra started coming by to eat, so today they adopted her - and then Tiffany came looking for food, though Alegra chased her off! But Isabel just can't bear to see a poor hungry dog out there alone in the snow . . .
Forum Resident
#4100 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 9:36 PM Last edited by inspiredzone : 30th Mar 2019 at 9:56 PM.
How come every time I send male sims to a bar/club to meet some single ladies, every pregnant woman in my hood decides to show up?

I sent Lorenzo Salvatore to P.U.R.E. It's 3am. There are 5 visibly pregnant women dancing at the club. Ava Hernandez is at the bar ordering drinks in her third trimester. Both the bartender and Francisca Martinez are looking judgy, but Francisca is at the club with her teenage daughter Stella, while God knows who is at home watching her newborn. And I think Stella is pregnant too!

I've never heard of prenatal classes being held at all-night raves. 4 out of the 5 pregnant women also have babies or toddlers at home, so who knows where they get the energy to be out at the club all night.

I should mention that it wasn't entirely unsuccessful. Lorenzo met Delaney Rusewicz (far right) who currently his his cousin's girlfriend, but Delaney doesn't know that Leo plans to dump her now that he's at university. (They're at "different places in life" blah blah blah Leo just wants to screw around instead of being tied down to his girlfriend back home.) So Lorenzo may not have found a date that night, but who knows what things will lead to with Delaney.
Page 164 of 351