Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#20401 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Original_Sim
I don't know about you, but I thought Graham comparing us to a "pack of ravenous hyenas" was rather snarky. It's not just Grant. It's Graham, Lyndsay, maybe even Ryan. And Ruskii with her passive aggressive tweet about the official forum members.

The hyenas thing was a joke and not even one of those "not sure if it was a joke or he's just being mean" type things. It was clearly a joke. And even if it wasn't, I for one take pride in being compared to the majestic and graceful Hyena!

Advertisement
Field Researcher
#20402 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 5:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MrsBreyers
But I like maternity clothes.

They have some outfits that still make me think of maternity clothes (like the long dresses).
Mad Poster
#20403 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 5:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kjones
I can appreciate snarky, I wish it was a trait in sims. Maybe I read him wrong, but for some reason his tweets yell asshole to me, but for some reason Graham comparing us to hyenas doesn't ... go figure ?

I think it didn't come across as snarky because it was how he sincerely felt - like a 'piece of meat' about to be torn apart. Correction: "chunk" of meat.
Instructor
#20404 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 5:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KlutzWobbles
Yes. And snarky, dry humor appeals to me.

Might not be ideal from a PR standpoint, though...

If this was another company, I actually might have appreciated it, since it shows each guru's personality and that they're not mindless robots trying to make everything positive and licking out boots. But with the way things are now, it feels like an attack at times. All I want is some honest info about our big questions, and being met with snark in regards to that when I have ten years of frustration built up with this franchise is not pleasant.
Alchemist
#20405 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 5:37 PM
Alchemist
#20406 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
The hyenas thing was a joke and not even one of those "not sure if it was a joke or he's just being mean" type things. It was clearly a joke. And even if it wasn't, I for one take pride in being compared to the majestic and graceful Hyena!

If he can't even give us simple "yes" and "no" answers, I don't think he can afford to make snarky jokes. Grant does the same thing on Twitter, but people are quicker to jump on his ass about it. I don't understand why Graham is treated like a saint and Grant is this snarky douche who doesn't know how to speak to fans.

Like littlegothcat said, given EA's history, SimGurus should choose their words wisely.
Field Researcher
#20407 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
I like this interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfbmcB8J_jU

God, I like Azure, but the clear avoidance of the indirect pool question
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#20408 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 5:40 PM
The hyenas thing was a joke and not even one of those "not sure if it was a joke or he's just being mean" type things. It was clearly a joke.

Honestly, it was a pretty on-point description, considering the huge unloading of... emotions... that occurred at the time Graham last posted here:
Lab Assistant
#20409 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 5:40 PM
I don't remember seeing this tweet mentioned...?

Quote: Originally posted by @SimGuruGrant
@ZerbuTabek Many of the Traits in the game aren't in CAS. You earn them in Live mode.

Interesting.

But...

He also states that sims' favourites (food, colour, music) are no longer a thing because "[t]hey didn't do much at all."
Top Secret Researcher
#20410 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 5:43 PM
I wasn't offended by the hyenas comment...we kind of are, and I appreciate that he takes the time to mingle here despite that. That being said, that doesn't alleviate any of our questions. If they cannot comment on babies and toddlers, I want to know WHEN they will be able to do so.
Field Researcher
#20411 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 5:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Heldin90
I don't remember seeing this tweet mentioned...? Interesting.

It appears to be all the reward traits and bonus traits. So if you want a Handy Sim, for example, you have to fulfill an aspiration first. I imagine unlocking those will be an early mod.
Mad Poster
#20412 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 5:44 PM
If he can't even give us simple "yes" and "no" answers, I don't think he can afford to make snarky jokes. Grant does the same thing on Twitter, but people are quicker to jump on his ass about it. Graham is no exception.

Like littlegothcat said, given EA's history, SimGurus should choose their words wisely.

It wasn't even a snarky joke though. He was literally saying he's scared to post here sometimes because we tend to jump on gurus (or any bit of sims news for that matter) like rapid hyenas. Was he lying? I think you might be a little too quick to demonize him like how some of us are too quick to put him on a high pedestal sometimes. The guy is by no means a jerk like Grant or phony like Ryan. But he's also not perfect. He does the same "no comment" bullshit that the rest of them do and he did come on here without really giving us anything of substance. We acknowledge that. But the hyena thing is not worth bitching over :/
Lab Assistant
#20413 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tedw
It appears to be all the reward traits and bonus traits. So if you want a Handy Sim, for example, you have to fulfill an aspiration first. I imagine unlocking those will be an early mod.

Of course, right, didn't think of that. Thanks!
Instructor
#20414 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Heldin90
He also states that sims' favourites (food, colour, music) are no longer a thing because "[t]hey didn't do much at all."

Oh, so just throw it out then. That's a way better solution than figuring out a way to make it work. If they did that the Sims might get some more dept, and we don't want that, no senor! Like CAST!
Yeah, still pissed over being no signs or any hint of an attraction system either. Deeper sims my butt, how can sims be so deep and emotional, and their stories be so much weirder if a sim can barely distinguish two different sims in an attraction sense? Again, we originally got this system almost 10 years ago.

Edit: Also, personal opinion, if the gurus aren't going to give us direct answers, then I don't care any more. Trying to read all their statements has lead to nothing but rumours. The last one of the game being almost 99% complete being "sarcasm" completely sapped my mood for anything else. "yes", "no", "we don't know if we have time to fit it in, so maybe" is all I want to hear at this point. I'm not saying any of them are jerks by joking or being themselves, but at this point I think it's more counter-productive than anything.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#20415 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 5:49 PM
I'm not sure if it's just me but I hate the idea of the gallery. Yeah, it's a pain in the ass to need to quit your game to install things (which you didn't if you used sims3packs, it just took forever to install) but I'd MUCH rather download, check things over with custard, convert things to packages if they weren't already and keep meticulous back-ups. I've got my content so organized that, even with 5GB+ of CC and a good bit of store content, I know JUST where to find it, both in game, on my computer and links for linking and crediting. I also go through and recategorize stuff to not be valid for random and fix CC that creators have made available for every category. I don't WANT to put stuff directly in my game. That seems like it's asking for trouble.

When he asked her about how the big the towns were in comparison to TS3, she seemed almost confused. Azure, if YOU look confused (and relieved when he moves on to a new question), how do you expect us feel confident?

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Lab Assistant
#20416 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 5:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
I like this interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfbmcB8J_jU

Interviewer: "How big is the town now, in comparison to The Sims 3?"

SGAzure: "The world for your sims..uhh.. each world contains 5 different neighbourhoods and the neighbourhoods feel really different from one another, so in the world we're showing today, willow creek, uhh there are a bunch of different neighourboods within that world and each one is very different from the other."

Great answer.
Mad Poster
#20417 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 5:52 PM
I don't know about you, but I thought Graham comparing us to a "pack of ravenous hyenas" was rather snarky. It's not just Grant. It's Graham, Lyndsay, maybe even Ryan. And Ruskii with her passive aggressive tweet about the official forum members.

Aww sweetheart, I know you are an emotional, romantic but please don't take it personal. I believe Graham was just joking. You know I don't ride their jock when they come in here, so you can trust me. *HUGS*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asXau88O5Is&feature=kp

I really do hope that maternity clothes can get flagged in CAS so I can control which clothes will be OK. I really don't want to see this as maternity.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#20418 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 5:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lumialover8
Interviewer: "How big is the town now, in comparison to The Sims 3?"

SGAzure: "The world for your sims..uhh.. each world contains 5 different neighbourhoods and the neighbourhoods feel really different from one another, so in the world we're showing today, willow creek, uhh there are a bunch of different neighourboods within that world and each one is very different from the other."

Great answer.

Exactly! Doesn't exactly foster confidence and goodwill.

"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Mad Poster
#20419 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 5:54 PM Last edited by lil bag2 : 25th Jun 2014 at 6:08 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by litlegothcat13
Yeah, still pissed over being no signs or any hint of an attraction system either. Deeper sims my butt, how can sims be so deep and emotional, and their stories be so much weirder if a sim can barely distinguish two different in an attraction sense? Again, we originally got this system almost 10 years ago.

I'm actually a little scared of their attempt at attraction. Their first attempt in TS2 (turn ons/turn offs) didn't even work (the worst my sims did towards people with their turn offs was get an angry thought bubble and then continue to flirt with that person) and their second attempt in TS3 worked TOO well. I think I'm good with being the one who decides if my sim is attracted to somebody or not. I clearly can't trust the game to decide that itself XD
Instructor
#20420 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 6:01 PM
I'm actually a little scared of their attempt at attraction. Their first attempt in TS2 (turn ons/turn offs) didn't even work (the worst my sims did towards people with their turn offs was get an angry thought bubble andt then continue to flirt with that person) and their second attempt in TS3 worked TOO well. I think I'm good with being the one who decides if my sim is attracted to somebody or not. I clearly can't trust the game to decide that itself XD

The good thing about TS2's system is that it was well thought out, it was just implemented rather poorly. Mainly the negative effects weren't that high, so Sims could still fall in love with anyone. With a simple mod from MATY though, it made attraction extremely important on my game. If the sim had a bolt towards another sim, they could still flirt and maybe higher (if you also had ACR or used that aspiration reward hot tub), but getting a crush and falling in love was borderline impossible. So marriage is out. Negative bolts, don't even think about a wolf whistle! (It's the romance mod if you're curious)

With the way TS3 attraction system worked, you could do nothing with it. The most you could do was turn down its effects so sims weren't stalked by everyone and their uncle, but that also lowered the chances of a Sim being attracted to another sim so much it was almost impossible. At least with a small poll of sims it was.

Edit: I dunno, I like the attraction system as a storyline tool, to differentiate between couples. It's the difference between a high school relationship lasting into college or for life. It's the difference between just moving in a lover that may moveout in the future or having a whirlwind marriage after a day. It's the difference between a couple getting divorced or working through their problems. With all couples feeling the same, those decisions just don't come as natural to me, so my gameplay tends to stall a little :/ I know none of the games ever completely implemented it well, but its presence makes a huge difference to me.
Alchemist
#20421 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 6:05 PM
More emotions. *sigh*
Don't know if this has been posted.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCLyme1KMEc
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#20422 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 6:06 PM
I use this retuner mod, the Variety version, for attraction in TS3 and it seems to work pretty well. I definitely miss turn on/offs though and wish we had a little more control. I also miss a legitimate zodiac attraction rather than these 6 all are compatible and these 6 are neutral crap.

One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#20423 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 6:09 PM
wrt hyenas and pieces of meat, I guess hungry hyenas are a lot more scary than well fed ones. But what can any of us do? They've all been told to keep us hungry. What is more scary, the hungry hyenas or the furious lion back at head office?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#20424 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 6:25 PM
New thread new thread new thread!

20k+ posts is enough for any thread! Groaning under its own weight, the TIS/H/RAITS4 gives birth to a shiny bouncing new TS4 Chat Thread!

This thread picks up where the old thread left off so feel free to quote posts from this one and continue the conversation. Just please read the first post, okay? Don't make me have to get all modsy up in here, I hate doing actual work.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Locked thread
Page 817 of 817