Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Aug 2011 at 11:30 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 10th Feb 2014 at 10:54 PM.
:new: I WON'T WORK - A sims 2 challenge :new:
This is , as the title suggests , a Sims 2 challenge.
For this challenge you will need ,of course , the Sims 2 and seasons. I also have University ,nightlife and celebration stuff.

The story
You and a group of other people have recently decided to protest against the modern world.You will not give into there beliefs and believe in old ways.Instead of working in a normal job (e.g. Law) you farm , fish , paint,play instruments and write your way to the
top.

How to begin
Go into create a Sims and create from 8(easy) to 2 (hard) Sims , the more Sims you have the easier your challenge is. You can decide what they look like and their aspirations and everything yourself.I would suggest an even amount of each gender.I'd suggest making two couples(man+man ,woman+woman or man+woman) so they can share beds

Pick the medium lot size and put these small necessities(you can use motherlode for this but put their funds back to 500 when done with the family funds cheat.:
Enough beds so they can all sleep(or tents if you have bonvoyage).
A pond for fishing
Garden plots (even a green house)
Some orchid trees
A pool (small enough to just cool them off after a hard days work.
Barbeque (no oven or fridges.)
A jacuzzi (for the winter)
A musical instrument
an easel
A computer (if you wish) but this cannot be used to get a job only to write a novel.
If i have missed anything off that they will need tell me.

Rules
You CAN NOT get a job at any point in the game
You can have children (if you do u must buy a fridge but it cannot be used to store left overs or to take food from .you can only eat what you grow or catch)
You can become a plant Sims but you must keep half of your Sims human.
You cannot use money cheats bar when initially building the house
No mood cheats.
No cc objects that change your needs in any way
If a Sims dies you can move another Sim in but you must use the family funds cheat to erase their money back to what they already had.

If you have any questions do be afraid to ask , please don't be nasty it's my first post :D
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 10th Aug 2011 at 11:25 PM
If you're gonna eat the food that you grow, I'm pretty sure you need a fridge. And I think you should add a juicer to the list, since they're gonna be growing a lot of stuff.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 11th Aug 2011 at 1:41 AM
So when would your challenge end? Would you play until all the original Sims are dead or play like a legacy?
Also the bills get dearer the more high end items you have on the lot, which makes it a higher the chance that the repoman will collect (because the Sims most likely will not have the funds to pay the bills to start off with). It probably would be best to buy some solar panels to keep those hefty bills to a minimum and maybe bring some extra cash in.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Aug 2011 at 12:04 PM
1.it depends on how long you as the player wish to play as , you can end at :
1.When they all die
2.As a legacy
or 3.if you earn over 100,000 simoleans
And yes i agree with you solar pannels are a good idea their an object i missed off my list , if you think something like that would help and cant see it breaking anyrules feel free to add it

PS Thank you for commentingthis is my first challenge i made :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Aug 2011 at 12:05 PM Last edited by PurpleHair18 : 11th Aug 2011 at 12:22 PM.
Yes u can have a fridege but you cant get things like TV dinners and things that are already in it or use it to store leftovers , feel free to get a juicer.

Ps Pleaso post images of your stories i love to see my creation
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 7:08 PM
have anyof yas tried it , if so tell me how its goin
Forum Resident
#7 Old 27th Aug 2011 at 6:33 AM
I am currently taking the challenge and since you wanted to know, here's how it's going.

I made five sims, three guys and two girls. Jared, Kenny, Rowan, Skylar, and Lillian Greenway. The photo at the bottom is the home I built for them with a greenhouse, three fruit trees, a jacuzzi, a pool, and a pond. I was random when I chose my sims aspirations, zodiac signs, and turn ons/offs.

The minute I moved them in, I started off with a huge mistake. I started my poor Sims off in the middle of winter in Riverblossom Hills. I didn't realize it until they got visitors in winter wear. *shakes head* By the end of the first day, the pond had frozen over, the trees were in hibernation, and my Sims were freezing. It was a good thing I had a greenhouse or there would be no plants.

To keep my sims from dying of starvation, I had to 'adjust' an aspect of the challenge for a short time. They brought cereal to eat while they moved in, but when the fridge ran out, that was it. Otherwise, they started off well, made friends with neighbors, started growing plants.

Kenny and Jared ended up crushing on each other on the first day and it was about two days later before they fell in love. They married about day seven. Skylar and Lillian were both after Rowan. Skylar HAD him and they were engaged after four or five days, but then she flirted with a guy at the park and Rowan broke it off. Now Lillian is moving in on him.

By the time spring hit, I've had screams of starvation and enough whining to give me a long headache. They were all going to die the second day of spring if not for Kenny. Apparently, he'd caught a fish the first day before the pond froze and grilled it.

Now, the sims are doing well in late spring. Jared is doing still life paintings and will sell soon, Skylar is going to start going out to earn money for musical talents, and Rowan sold his first cookbook and is working on his second novel. Lillian and Kenny are working on fishing. Everyone's work on the tomato plants got over 80 tomatoes with not one bad plant.

So there's my update!
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Aug 2011 at 9:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AliaD85
I am currently taking the challenge and since you wanted to know, here's how it's going.

I made five sims, three guys and two girls. Jared, Kenny, Rowan, Skylar, and Lillian Greenway. The photo at the bottom is the home I built for them with a greenhouse, three fruit trees, a jacuzzi, a pool, and a pond. I was random when I chose my sims aspirations, zodiac signs, and turn ons/offs.

The minute I moved them in, I started off with a huge mistake. I started my poor Sims off in the middle of winter in Riverblossom Hills. I didn't realize it until they got visitors in winter wear. *shakes head* By the end of the first day, the pond had frozen over, the trees were in hibernation, and my Sims were freezing. It was a good thing I had a greenhouse or there would be no plants.

To keep my sims from dying of starvation, I had to 'adjust' an aspect of the challenge for a short time. They brought cereal to eat while they moved in, but when the fridge ran out, that was it. Otherwise, they started off well, made friends with neighbors, started growing plants.

Kenny and Jared ended up crushing on each other on the first day and it was about two days later before they fell in love. They married about day seven. Skylar and Lillian were both after Rowan. Skylar HAD him and they were engaged after four or five days, but then she flirted with a guy at the park and Rowan broke it off. Now Lillian is moving in on him.

By the time spring hit, I've had screams of starvation and enough whining to give me a long headache. They were all going to die the second day of spring if not for Kenny. Apparently, he'd caught a fish the first day before the pond froze and grilled it.

Now, the sims are doing well in late spring. Jared is doing still life paintings and will sell soon, Skylar is going to start going out to earn money for musical talents, and Rowan sold his first cookbook and is working on his second novel. Lillian and Kenny are working on fishing. Everyone's work on the tomato plants got over 80 tomatoes with not one bad plant.

So there's my update!

great im glad to see its going well , i also started in riverblossomhills with 3 men and three women i had two men fish while the other one (which i later moved out)( helped one of te women in the green house. My other two women painted , wrote and played instruments to earn their money , by the end of day one i had enough fish to last the winter!!