Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 3:43 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 7th Feb 2014 at 10:29 PM.
Default "I Want It All" Challenge
In real life we'd all like to have it all - a family, a great job, beautiful home, amazing experiences. Our Sims do too. This is a challenge in progress - I'm test playing it now, so input is welcome.
The goal: Create one Sim, male or female, who will spend a lifetime trying to 'have it all'. The challenge ends when this Sim dies of natural causes.

At some point in his/her life, your Sim mustthese can be done in any order you want)
Fall in love, and be loved
Get married
Go through a break up
Have children - at least one boy and one girl

Career choice can be anything you want, or if there is a career LTW go with that one
Get a job
Reach the top of the career
Never ignore a chance card
If fired, get a new job in the same career

Max at least 3 skills
If you have Seasons - earn a Gold Gardening Badge, join the Garden Club and earn a Gold Fishing Badge
If you have Bon Voyage - earn every vacation badge, find the treasure chest

By the time your Sim approaches the end of his life he/she should be living in a home worth over $150,000, furnished with the best of everything.

Does this sound possible? Interesting? Challenging?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 8:07 PM
This sounds very possible, because I do this on a regular basis But I don't have Bon Voyage, so I don't have to deal with badges.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 9:29 PM
i was thinking of a similar sort of challenge the other day, you know the kind where you just list different objectives that must be met....i think it sounds great....good job!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 1:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aishah2195
i was thinking of a similar sort of challenge the other day, you know the kind where you just list different objectives that must be met....i think it sounds great....good job!

Thanks. I'm not one for keeping track of points, and while I enjoy playing multiple generations sometimes I thought it might be fun to just do a short challenge.

I only have Seasons and Bon Voyage, which is why I included them. It would be great if people with other EPs would post objectives for them. Which would mean someone who has all the EPs would really have to hustle to get their Sim to fulfill all his desires!
Theorist
#5 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 1:55 PM
No scoring system...?
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 3:15 PM
Scoring is kind of meh anyway, at least I usually never manage to keep track of it in my challenges. I just keep note of all the objectives I've completed.

Another thing for OFB owners is owning a rank 10 business.

As well I'd imagine that this type of sim would want his children to be Overachievers.
Test Subject
#7 Old 4th Dec 2010 at 9:42 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 7th Feb 2014 at 8:27 PM.
The Ultimate Sim
In this Challenge,Your goal is To have One sim achieve At least 5 LTW.
Obviously,You must use The Elixer of Life
Sim must start with $36000
Only one Starter

So seriously,who farted?
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 14th Dec 2010 at 7:00 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 7th Feb 2014 at 5:09 PM.
A Hard, but Rewarding Challenge
The Dragoon13 here to give you a fun challenge for The Sims 2, and if you want some extra challenge you can use some EP's. Alright first off I wrote this challenge my self, and I call it the Perfect Sim challenge, but I think someone already used that name. Alright now we start by going to CAS, it can be in Pleasantview, Strangetown, or a custom town, and yes you may use Veronaville. Make two adults for a hard challenge, or three for an easy challenge. Start with a father figure, and a mother figure, if your going for an easy challenge the third adult will be an aunt, or uncle. Now move them in to the house of your choice you may use the family Funds cheat to move them in, because you may not move them to another house once they are placed. Now have the mom, and dad to their thing, and once the child is born the challenge will begin. You may use Motherlode once. Make sure the baby who from now on will be refered to as the subject, because this challenge revolves around them. Anyway as I was saying make sure the subject has a crib, a changing table, and three toys the rabbit head the logic toy, and the creativity toy. now we enter phase one the new born. Your mission here is to keep the baby alive. In the toddler phase you must teach it to walk, talk, and potty train, it must also gain one skill point from a toy, you can gain more then one, but whatever it has the most of will be it's asperation.
Logic = Intellagence
Charisma = Popularity
Creativity = Family
For a really hard challenge = Fortune (Ignore the skill map if chosen)
List of Toddler misions:
Walking = Manditory
Talking = Manditory
Potty Trained = Manditory
Gained one skill point = Manditory

Now for the Childhood missions:
Learn to study = Manditory
Get an A+ at least once = Manditory
Get into private school = Manditory
Be best friends with your pet = Optional
Yes you are to have a pet I forgot to say this, but when the baby is born adopt a kitten, or puppy. This pet will be the subject's life long friend that they will grow up with. The pet is optional for the challenge just know if you get the pet you must finish all pet related missions afterwards. For those who do not have the pets EP, you can do an optional mission Keep Fish tank alive for five days in a row here. If you do have pets, and want to do this mission it must be a cat, or dog.

The Teenager Misssions:
Get an A+ at least once = Manditory
Get a job = Manditory
Reach the top of job = Manditory
Have first Kiss = Manditory
Have a great party = Optional

The Young Adult Missions (Optional, but if you go to collage you must finish all of these missions)
Have at least three points in all Skills = Manditory
Make Deans list at least once every year = Manditory
Have first make out = Manditory (No you're not supposed to do this as a teen)
Have a great party = Manditory (What's collage without a party!?)
Join the secret society = Manditory
( Age the subjects pet by the amount of days spent at collage, or to save time just boolProp them into the next phase of life, unless they are already elders)

Adult Missions (If you are a fortune sim FamilyFund the subject to 100 $ after moving them in)
Reach top of career = Manditory
Get married = Manditory
Once married have first Woo-hoo = Manditory
Have two kids = Manditory
Meet a supernatural sim = Manditory
Be best friends with the super natural sim = Optional
Fulfill lifetime want = Manditory
Max out all skills = Optional ( Manditory if subject had more logic points when they became a teen)
Get a pet for your children ( If subject has a cat you must get a dog, and vise versa) = Manditory
Earn 500,000 $ = Manditory (without cheats, or custom jobs)
Be a town hero, create two lots, and add 8 sims to one of them, and 4 pets to the other. Use cheats to make them all close to starving, and uncomfortable, they may not have a house, or items, now have your subject's family make best friends with them, and move them in only one at a time, and you can't move them out, or move another one in until they are at full motives. No cheats. Do the same with the pets, you may have one of the pets, in at the same time as one of the hobos. You may sell the pets instead of moving them out, but know selling the pet you got at the newborn phase. You must familyFund the hobos to $10.00 so you don't get free money for the 500,000 goal.

Elder Missions ( Yes the subject must still do missions when they are old!)
Have two grand children = Manditory
Retire = Manditory
Build a Servo = Optional (Manditory if your a fortune sim)
Keep a high relation ship with pet (If you did the young adult challenge you were supposed to go back to your parent's house, and get you cat, or dog, then get a place of your own) (If the subject's pet died of old age before, which is likely, then forget about this mission)
Have 1,000,000 $ (Without cheats) = Manditory (If your a fortune sim)

The Grand Finale
Die of old age, and get the golden grave marker = Manditory
By the end you should have memories of all these events on your subject and three grave markers in urn or, grave stone form sitting side by side. On the far left is the pet, on the far right the subject's spouse, in the middle is the golden grave.
It's a sad ending but it's one we will remember.
If you built the servo it is to live alone in the house after the subject, it's spouse, and pet have all passed on. If you didn't build the servo move one of the subjects children in.
Your subject must be an only child, so if you have twins start over. I did this challenge with a female sim (you can have a boy, or girl subject, but whatever it's born as it must stay as) named Ariana ( You don't have to name the subject "subject" if you don't want to
Just remember only cheat where I have said to!
Enjoy!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 14th Dec 2010 at 8:41 PM
Please do give feedback even if you don't like the challenge. Oh, and one more thing you're not allowed to use Elixer of Life on the subject or the necter of the cowplant, or the kibble of life, or any thing else that can refresh the subject, or it's pet. Thanks for reading!
Scholar
#10 Old 14th Dec 2010 at 9:49 PM
Far too easy...
Scholar
#11 Old 14th Dec 2010 at 9:59 PM
Easy peasy, been there done that.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 14th Dec 2010 at 11:14 PM
Is that so A.G.Doren? Well you try getting into the secret society without cheats, or getting into private school without cheats.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 15th Dec 2010 at 1:48 AM
Please do come back, to tell me about your challenge progress, or ask questions. I'll check back to answer questions, and read your comments. Some might say this is too easy, but I test ran this challenge before posting it, It can be hard. Your sim might get sick, mine did the fist day of collage! Your sim will take time getting into the secret society, or take a few tries getting into private school. It takes a lot of work getting a toddler to walk, talk, and potty train. Not to mention building relationships with your spouse, boy/girlfriend, and pet. I did all of these things. Without cheats! Have fun!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 15th Dec 2010 at 2:21 AM
So the point of this challenge is to play the game the way that Maxis wanted us to, basically?
Instructor
#15 Old 15th Dec 2010 at 2:34 AM
Getting into the Secret Society without cheats is very easy, especially if you live in a big dorm. I've done it without even meaning to. The fraternity is only slightly harder, and that's just because the greeks run around like morons if you invite them over all at once instead of figuring out who they are and befriending them over the phone first.

And if you're allowing motherlode (which is a cheat!), there is NO excuse for not getting into private school on the first try.

This is basically requiring standard gameplay, which most people will not find interesting given that the game has been out for five years!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 15th Dec 2010 at 3:32 AM
Thanks for feedback people! Yes HaunterMooneyes makes a good point you are playing the game normally, but I might add some harder missions, or give it a twist etc. Just know I've never come up with a challenge before, well thanks for pointing this out HaunterMooneyes I think this weekend I'll come up with a harder more interesting challenge in the meen time I've still got school this week so stay posted! Oh, and Katalina522 I see you have an easy way into the Secret Society, I did it by going to the Old Sim State Tower in Sim State Uni. I never knew you could do it at home that is easyer. Your right though I did say you can use Motherlode, but I said you can use it "once" perhaps I should have made that clear...I'll be back soon with a newer version of the challenge that gives it a more interesting twist. Please do keep checking back anyone else that comes along or if HaunterMooneyes, or Katalina522 comes back. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 15th Dec 2010 at 5:46 PM
Be on the look out for a whole new Challenge idea by The Dragoon13. If you think this idea is easy, or simple I've got an idea that will take a month at least to complete!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 3:24 PM
I know this challenge is easy, and it might be about like playing the game the way Maxis wanted us to play it. So I've come up with a challenge that isn't too much harder, but it does have a bit more of a twist to it. I like doing challenges so much I'll still try to come up with much harder challenges.

FABIO, AND THE POPE WILL RIDE IN ON GIANT CHICKENS, AND KILL US ALL!!! IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD...It's also Peanut Butter Jelly Time! Just ignore that creepy old man watching you from his window wearing nothing, but boxers, and eating flapjacks.
Scholar
#19 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheDragoon13
Is that so A.G.Doren? Well you try getting into the secret society without cheats, or getting into private school without cheats.

With the exception of the occasional kaching so that my sims can purchase the clothing that I have downloaded for them I do not use any cheats. I consider most of the things on your list to part of standard gameplay and do them on a regular basis.

I recommend that you google "the sims 2 legacy challenge".
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 6:28 PM
I have, and I have tried the legacy challenge, but my game crashed, losing the family I had going, so I gave up. What do you think my challenge is like the legacy challenge? Or was it that you think the legacy challenge is harder?

FABIO, AND THE POPE WILL RIDE IN ON GIANT CHICKENS, AND KILL US ALL!!! IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD...It's also Peanut Butter Jelly Time! Just ignore that creepy old man watching you from his window wearing nothing, but boxers, and eating flapjacks.
Scholar
#21 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 7:27 PM
The spirit of your challenge is to play the game without cheats and it can be fairly difficult to so some of the things you listed with a CAS sim if you don't use cheats, however these things become easier with each successive generation.So for me the spirit of both challenges seems to be the same.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 9:35 PM
People keep disagreeing with my posts some even on the original post! How can you disagree with a challenge!? I think some of the people here have it out for me...or is it my signature? It's only a joke, I don't really think that Fabio, and/or the Pope will ride in on chickens to kill us all. However I stand by what I said about the creepy old man. I wish this place had an area to put reasons for agree/disagree or at least something that will say who agrees/disagrees. Someone back me up!

Lab Assistant
#23 Old 16th Dec 2010 at 9:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by A.G.Doren
With the exception of the occasional kaching so that my sims can purchase the clothing that I have downloaded for them I do not use any cheats. I consider most of the things on your list to part of standard gameplay and do them on a regular basis.

I recommend that you google "the sims 2 legacy challenge".

Wow! When I'm not doing a challenge I use cheats like crazy in my game. In fact I boolProp the heck out of my game when not doing a challenge.

Field Researcher
#24 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 4:39 AM
gosh the surlyness...
that'll teach a person to ask for feedback both positive and neg.

i'll probally try it, it is kinda tough, i've never had luck with private schools. and secret societys? OMG that was a sad and disheartning experience. one of the sorority girls likes the sim i tried... of course it never helps that i cant remember which is the girl one and the boy one, so i call the wrong ones...

i mean, parts of it are easy, but some of it really isnt just skittles and pie.
Scholar
#25 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 4:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheDragoon13
Wow! When I'm not doing a challenge I use cheats like crazy in my game. In fact I boolProp the heck out of my game when not doing a challenge.

Cheats make it too easy. I like to feel as if I'm being challenged and I feel a greater sense of satifaction when I DIY. I mean if you cheat in a game that you are playing by yourself the only person being cheated is you.
Page 1 of 5