Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Aug 2009 at 8:13 PM
Help Please colors look funny on my mesh
Hello I hope I am posting in the right place if not please be gentle ok my problem is I made a new mesh using the latest tools S3PE & S3OC also milkshape and wes plugings also S3ObjTool and followed Delux Designs awesome easy to use tutorial thank you Delux Designs, peter & wes. I had no problem with the cloning and everything else that had to be done I just edited the only the grayscaled, alpha and the rgb that had the red,green & blue went into my game to test and the color looks funky none of the colors I used also why do I have 5 different missed up recolors can so one look at my package and help me understand what I am doing wrong I was told this was the best place in the whole sims community to look for help I have a pic

Thanks
Liz
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Liz_SSSDSims3_DinPrinBrmRockChair_mesh.rar (650.2 KB, 4 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 5:05 AM
I think this person had the same problem: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=366431

When the specular is exported it loses its alpha channel for some reason. Open it up (its usually the all or mostly white .dds) and give it a black alpha.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Aug 2009 at 5:30 AM Last edited by liz_sssdesigns1 : 29th Aug 2009 at 5:31 AM. Reason: mispell word
Quote: Originally posted by JaneSamborski
I think this person had the same problem: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=366431

When the specular is exported it loses its alpha channel for some reason. Open it up (its usually the all or mostly white .dds) and give it a black alpha.

Hi Jane thanks for replying to my post I really appreciate I wish my problem was the same it would have been fixed but when exporting I do get black alpha here it is: S3_00B2D882_00000000_CDC0AB53C6C4525D_defaultBlackSpecula_0x05314cdb2011373e%%+_IMG

after reading that person post I took a look hoping that was my problem :-(

thanks once again
Liz