Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#526 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 5:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
I'm finding it very tiring that my sims want to eat when they're not hungry. It seems sims have a natural desire to gain weight. I'm constantly cancelling out eating from their queue. They want to eat when hunger is in the yellow, and that fills their hunger and pushes them into overeating. I have to wait till they are Ravenous before I let them eat, and that's quite a challenge in itself. I can't count how many times I've made her toss out the cereal or bowl of chips she'd grab if I looked away from her for a second. I'd like a mod that prevents them from eating autonomously until they're ravenous.

The problem is that "Hungry" is +1 Uncomfortable, when it used to be neutral in TS3. Is food still very filling like TS3?

Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
I've also noticed an inordinately high percentage of auto-generated townies that are elders, especially in Oasis Springs. Is it supposed to be a retirement community? Except for the person tending bar, the Lounge patrons seem to be 100% seniors.

Lounges seem to be made for old people.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Advertisement
Inventor
#527 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 9:46 PM
I have played now for more than a week and I kind of like the game. Sure I miss toddlers as they are essential for a life simulation game but I like the gameplay. I don't know why but I enjoy it more than Sims 3 when it came out. I really loved Sims 2 and it reminds me very much of it. I feel closer to my sims, I feel they communicate more, it is all more lively. And it runs so smoothly. The loading of textures in Sims 3 was driving me nuts..
What I totally dislike about Sims 4, and I hope this will be fixed, is that the EA townies are generated infinitely. I only want my sims in the hood but this is impossible. Many of the EA townies have the same name. I fixed the problem of the elders in the lounges did by assigning the bar type to the lot. After that they all stood up and went away! So the lounges really attract elderly more.
I hope EA fixes the townie system so that I see only my own sims in the hood.

You never know what’s comin’ for ya.
Alchemist
#528 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by himawara106
I fixed the problem of the elders in the lounges did by assigning the bar type to the lot. After that they all stood up and went away! So the lounges really attract elderly more.

That is too funny.
Theorist
#529 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 10:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrChillgood
The problem is that "Hungry" is +1 Uncomfortable, when it used to be neutral in TS3. Is food still very filling like TS3?

That makes sense. Yes, it's very filling. They chronically overeat if you let them eat autonomously. I don't recall any moodlet like in TS3 where they'd get a "Stuffed" moodlet. It's just after awhile, I'd notice my sims (women especially) would be packing quite a lot of junk in the trunk and I was sure I didn't make them that way in CAS. It's very unlike TS3 where by the time they ate autonomously, it was just enough to fill their hunger but not make them Stuffed. Kind of realistic in a way since a lot of people do love overeating, but it's pretty annoying.

Quote: Originally posted by DrChillgood
Lounges seem to be made for old people.

Ah, I didn't realize lounges are for seniors. Obviously, I don't get out much! My only familiarity with a lounge is when my uncle showed me a Leisure Suit Larry game when I was a kid. The Larry character's life goal was getting laid and picking up women in lounges or something like that.

Resident wet blanket.
Page 22 of 22