Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th May 2011 at 9:17 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 6th Feb 2014 at 9:49 PM.
Default 200: The Ultimate Legacy Challenge
I am adding the PDF of the family I have created to this point... I challenge you to do better

For all those who appreciate a good legacy challenge, this is for you!

This legacy will have some rules you are not used to so be patient and read to the end.

The point of this challenge is to reach two hundred sims. Only sims who are from the original family tree count and this only includes adopted sims if they have homosexual parents. This is where it gets tricky - two sims may only have a child together if one of them has the aspiration to do so (this also applies for adopted sims - one of the partners must want to have a baby). Conversely if you have several generations already and the grandparents have a desire to have a grandchild this also applies.

Begin in an occupied neighborhood with two sims (a man and a woman are the usual choice but go with whatever you feel) and make them both family sims (this is important). When your child sims grow to teenagerhood you must evenly distribute them among the other aspirations until you have an even number of sims in each category then you may distribute them as you please as long as there is never more in any category than any other (Family already has 2).

Here are the rules:

1. Your sims do not have to attend college but you may want them to in order to complete the next part of the challenge.
2. Any sim who does not fulfill their lifetime desire by the time they die does not count towards the total.
3. Any sim who is not friends with their parents when either they or their parents die does not count. (Nor do their children)
4. As stated above adopted sims do not count unless their parents are homosexual and want a baby.
5. No money cheats or fertility cheats (abduction, twins, etc.) nor are you allowed to stop the aging process or resurrect any sim.
6. Only one elixir of life per sim.
7. Play the original pair until all of the children are moved out then move the youngest in with the parents. Then proceed thusly: Play the oldest child in their own house until they grow old then continue on down the children until you reach the youngest in their parents house then begin with the oldest child of the oldest child and play them until they reach adulthood and continue on until you reach the youngest child of the youngest child (Skip over any second generation sims who had no children). Once all of the grandchildren are adults the youngest child in each family moves into the house of their parents then beginning with the oldest child of the oldest child and continuing down the line each consecutive child moves in with an aunt or uncle who had no children. When you run out of aunts and uncles the remaining grandchildren get to have their own houses.
8. In an occupied neighborhood for every towny household that is not somehow connected to your starter family you must make one more sim in the family line. (Uninitiated Towny family = -1)
9. Spouses do not count towards the total.
10. Plant sims are allowed but their offspring only count towards the total if the plant sim in question is directly linked (offspring of spouses do not count) and the same goes for alien babies.
11. If you are using a mod like the inteenimater - accidental births are alright - such as teen sims sneaking out and coming back pregnant or honeymoon trip pregnancy BUT you must use birth control etc. if you know that woohooing has an increased risk of getting the sims pregnant without trying.
This is a challenge for the long haul - not for the faint of heart but the reward of seeing that immense family tree is well worth the effort!

Attached files:
File Type: zip  The-Asher-Family-21-May-2011.pdf.zip (86.2 KB, 295 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Family Tree PDF
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 1:41 PM
Wow, this looks... complicated and long! At the moment I don't think I would get very far with a challenge this long, although it does sound really fun. Maybe sometime in the future though, when I actually have the willpower to complete it!!

"If the human brain was simple enough to understand, we'd be too simple to understand it."

"Some things I cannot change, but till I try I'll never know."
Mad Poster
#3 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 10:45 PM
I think I may give this a go! :-) I shall change some of the rules a little, I expect, but it looks fun! It'd be cool to have a huge extended family taking over an entire neighbourhood! :-D

The pdf is cool - looks like the Ashers are doing well! :-)
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
I think I may give this a go! :-) I shall change some of the rules a little, I expect, but it looks fun! It'd be cool to have a huge extended family taking over an entire neighbourhood! :-D

The pdf is cool - looks like the Ashers are doing well! :-)

LAWL. I think I may attempt this. My last post was so stupiedly stupied that I deleted it. ANYWAYZ, lets go! .

Always remember that you are absolutely unique.
Just like everyone else.
-Margaret Mead
Instructor
#5 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 1:51 AM
Why do they have to fulfill lifetime wants? Does anyone expect the gardener's parting gift to have such a good life? 200 sims is an entire neighborhood for most people..
Mad Poster
#6 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 11:24 PM
I'm playing this at the moment. My founding couple, Christopher and Lilah Morgan, currently have four children; three daughters and a son. Alice Morgan will turn teen in a couple of days, Rebecca Morgan just became a child, and twins Christopher Morgan II and Juliette Morgan are toddlers. Lilah is currently pregnant again with one baby. She and Christopher have both rolled the "Have 10 Children" want, so I've locked it for both of them :-) It's going to be a big family right from the start!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 3:36 PM
I am so happy that someone is finally taking this challenge on! I thought it would just fizzle out.
I have decided to make some modified rules for those of you who don't have the time(or the willpower) to see this one through.
For an easier time:
-Both spouses and their extended families (sisters, brother, parents, etc.) count towards the total. This should help a lot when playing in a neighborhood like Pleasantview where there are lots of large townie families.
-Of course you can always choose to continue to count sims and their families who didn't keep in contact with their parents (I am personally finding this very difficult) or didn't complete their lifetime want. (On the note of the lifetime want I included this because it forces sims who may desire job related desires to pay attention to other things than their offspring - making the challenge harder)
-I included the clause about children living with family members for two reasons, firstly because it automatically limits the family size by at least one sim if not more and secondly because I personally find it really boring to play old sims and this gave me the opportunity to age them while continuing to hold my interest but of course this clause is negotiable as well.

Please leave notes about any other interesting mods to this challenge you can think of because suggestions are always good.

I have also come up with an interesting solution to the problem of having all sims of one generation age at the same pace if anyone is interested please post!

Mad Poster
#8 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 4:25 PM
I think I'm going to play all my households in a one-day rotation (when I have more than one, that is!). That way sims will age at the same pace. I do have edited lifestage spans in my game, which will make it easier for me to complete this challenge as my sims spend 41 days as adults. I also use Inteen so my sims can have babies as teens and in uni.

I like the idea of sims having to complete their LTW to count - though I reroll it if my sims get the puppies & kittens one, I think that one's really stupid!

I'm playing it in a neighbourhood without any other playables, so all my sims will have to marry townies/downtownies/NPC's/vacation locals/tourists. I like it like that :-)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 12:06 AM
Does anyone have any interesting fixes to allow giant families to live and thrive on one lot. I know that infants and toddlers can't be brought onto the lot with an "add neighbor to family" cheat, what other limitations could be avoided and how? How can the family grow without having sims leave the lot to have children!
If you have any input...now would be the time.
Test Subject
#10 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 12:04 PM
Heartland Family
I started this about 10 days ago. So far I have Isabella and Christopher heartland.
They have adult twins Kaiden and Nevaeh who have just moved out. Teenager Orion. Children Elijah, Weston(Lovechild of christophers) and Victoria. Toddler Jacob and baby Dylin.

I'm going to play the twins for a bit and I'll get some pictures up soon.
Test Subject
#11 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 12:05 PM
oh and nebulas there is a hack that allows around 50 sims live on the same lot, I have it but can't remember where I got it from just search it online and I'm sure it's easy to find.
Test Subject
#12 Old 26th Aug 2011 at 12:13 PM
Okay so Christopher and Isabella now have 3 granchildren aswell as their own twins Hollie and Zacariah and daughter Willow and son Zackariah.

Kaiden married Carmen and had two sons Oscar(child) and William(Baby).
Neveah married Emory Williams and had daughter Zairah Williams(Baby).

So now they have 12 children, three grandchildren and a son and daughter-in-law.
That brings my total up to 19 and a long way to go.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 13th Oct 2011 at 12:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nebulous
Does anyone have any interesting fixes to allow giant families to live and thrive on one lot. I know that infants and toddlers can't be brought onto the lot with an "add neighbor to family" cheat, what other limitations could be avoided and how? How can the family grow without having sims leave the lot to have children!
If you have any input...now would be the time.

Cyjon's mod bigger families mod allows unlimited sims on a lot. To add infants and toddlers you need a teleporter like the Visual Teleporter from Paladins Place. The Sim Blender (Simbology) is also a useful item to have in addition to being able to summon sims it has many other functions related to family relationships, pregnancy, aspirations and many other useful functions. I have all three of these items in my game.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 13th Oct 2011 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nebulous
I personally find it really boring to play old sims :

I have 2 neighborhoods that I am playing and my Elder sims are intricate part of my neighborhood. They are fun and in employed in regular Adult Careers (thanks to the Sim blender and Monique's computer). They are fashionable, vibrant, propspering, like to party, enjoy traveling, shopping, create gossip and causing ruckus.

In fact, I have a May/December relationship in one game(and another blossoming). One of my female adult sims became interested in male elder sim. Their romance bloomed without my help and I don't have ACR (yet). He is the one that she wants to marry (they are engaged).

Don't treat your elders like second class citizens, they have wants,desires and are more than just grandparents .