Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#26 Old 28th Oct 2009 at 3:43 PM
The reason I suggested making this list is that cloner doesn't have ready access to the information without
a) someone informing us the algorithm for collecting it and
b) tremendously slowing up the process as it opens and parses several extra resources for hundreds of objects.

What the cloner can do without slowing down is use the results of this listing project to display the info.

For the typical creator, the flow is "I want to clone an object with 3 recolourable parts, that is 3 tiles wide and allows intersection". Going through objects one at a time till you get to one like that is long-winded. Ideally there would be a grid of these details produced that could be filterable on all desired criteria. It doesn't need to list every object, just enough objects to form a basic matrix of good recommended bases.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Advertisement
Inventor
#27 Old 28th Oct 2009 at 5:35 PM
Inge, does this means we have to make this object list outside/without the s3oc?
Maybe in the form of a seperate database?

I am still looking for ways so the information can be found with the cloner.

In this thread http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=374521
HugeLunatic found that the xml for objects contain info about patterns/recolorable channels
------------
And I found this about the VPXY in the Wiki
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?...ms_3:0x736884F1

Visual Proxy This is a Sims 3:RCOL chunk tagged "VPXY".

The purpose of these files is to show which parts of an object are linked together, and what all the parts of the object are
This is followed by a TGI list containing GEOM, MODL, MLOD, LITE, RSLT and FTPT references.
------------------------

MODL, MLOD= mesh
RSLT= slots
FTPT= footprint

So maybe it is possible for S3OC to find/display the information in some kind of acceptable not to slowing down form?
#28 Old 28th Oct 2009 at 6:26 PM
It would definitely cause considerable slowing down if done during initial listing. You know how long S3OC actually takes to make a clone once you have chosen an object and clicked start? Most of that time is just following the chain of resources to identify which parts belong to which object. It will have to perform that before it can open any of the resources to find this information. By that time the user would be able to save and open the package to find out the info himself!

It would be very much more pleasant to use as something seperate from s3oc's actual running time.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Alchemist
#29 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 12:24 AM
"Sorry for your illness orangemittens, hope you will feel better soon!"

Thank you Cocomama...I feel much better today.

If you decide to continue with this list and need someone to do the painting section I will volunteer for that.

Also, I was wondering what you were hoping to see from a mapping tutorial for MS for Sims 3. With all the tutorials on object making is there a deficiency in the coverage of this topic anymore?

OM
Inventor
#30 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 11:03 AM Last edited by Cocomama : 30th Oct 2009 at 11:24 AM.
Here are the lists with the Game catalog information, that I have finished so far. If existed I've added Hunger, Environment etc values. Still working on the walls and floors etc.
I have changed the word colors to recolors to avoid confusion with the number of recolorable groups (once they are added that is.)
All information in Notepad, readable for everybody I think. And can be used with copy and paste to make the real list.

Is there a possibility to make a searchable standalone database on the site with all the information we are adding?
It is quite some time ago (Dbase 1.1 ) that I've build a database, and I hope that nowadays maybe there is an easy way?

It would be so convenient to fill in some search fields and get a list with objects that contain the possibilities that you are looking for!

My head is clouded and my body protesting, maybe a touch of flue coming in.
May have to take a little rest for the weekend

Orangemittens, its not up to me to decide what should be done! I'm just one of the guys/girls adding to the information, just like you.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Basegame Doors, Windows, Arches, Columns and Fireplaces.zip (1.5 KB, 12 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  Basegame Stairs, Railings, Fences and Gates.zip (1.4 KB, 12 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  Basegame Trees, Shrubs, Flowers and Rocks.zip (1.1 KB, 10 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  TS3- Object in Categories-Home-Decor.zip (8.5 KB, 15 downloads) - View custom content
Alchemist
#31 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 11:30 AM
"My head is clouded and my body protesting, maybe a touch of flue coming in."

I hope you feel better soon Cocomama.

OM
#32 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 12:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cocomama
a touch of flue coming in.

You must be turning into a chimney

Alchemist
#33 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 3:16 PM
Oh, Inge, that is over her head...

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Inventor
#34 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 6:14 PM
Oh dear, did I say something funny again
That's OK, is there not a wise quote like "A day without a smile is a lost day"?

Anyway, here is the last Basegame build catalog list, with walls, floors and the rest.

Is there already known what information we will have to add to make the list?
Name of the mesh in the cloner
Number of recolorable channels
Number of groups in the mesh
Size of the textures
Footprint--1 or 2tile is enough?
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Basegame Foundation-Floor-Wall-Roof-Pool-Terrain.zip (4.1 KB, 10 downloads) - View custom content
Alchemist
#35 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 6:36 PM
Well, now I am sorry I said what I did. I forgot you are not a native English speaker... I have a personal rule to refrain from teasing non-native speakers about language use... they have done enough by trying.

But you generally are so good at English, I forgot.

"Flu" is the viral disease stalking the land this time of year.
"Flue" is the hole in a chimney that smoke goes up through.

So Inge and I were pouncing on that.

I apologize, it was unfair. But still, it was funny.

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Test Subject
#36 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 7:51 PM
Hi Cocomama,

do you want me to put yours info in a excel data file ?
And then we could put the other informations in?
anouschka
Inventor
#37 Old 30th Oct 2009 at 9:58 PM
No need to apologize Wes, laughing is healthy! And thanks for explaining.

Anouschka, I must confess I do not know anything about excel data file, is it accessable for everybody?
I was thinking of a simular system as MTS uses for the uploads/downloads.
You know, everybody uploads information, and with giving in search perimeters, you will get a list of/see only objects that meet all the criteria.

Maybe that is not possible, or they would have put all that programmers information on the Wiki in a searchable database too?
Alchemist
#38 Old 31st Oct 2009 at 12:12 AM Last edited by orangemittens : 31st Oct 2009 at 12:23 AM.
Not nice Wes, a gentle tsk tsk for you...I'm glad you missed my own transitive verb-adjective missmatch earlier or I would once again have had my wings pulled off me.

anouschka, is Excel compatible with the Wiki? I think that is where people seem to be wanting to put this information.

OM
Test Subject
#39 Old 31st Oct 2009 at 1:41 PM
I don't know if excel would be compatible. It 's more a way to collect all the information, but first not online I think. I'm thinking about how to help.
#40 Old 31st Oct 2009 at 1:46 PM
There is no reason S3OC cannot incorporate a tool for reading/searching/displaying this list. It's just that it wasn't the best thing for building the information in the first place.

So you could put it into comma-delimited format, and Peter could get S3OC to display it nicely and find matching objects. We need to define a unique key though

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#41 Old 31st Oct 2009 at 2:13 PM
An excel spreadsheet would work for this then since it can be viewed stand alone and exported as csv. Excel can also save as xml. Which is easier for Peter Inge? For unique key I would suggest the object name, the same as seen in s3oc.
#42 Old 31st Oct 2009 at 3:35 PM
We tend to use the IID of the OBJD (for normal objects) or the CFIR or MDLR for other types (whatever catalog resource they belong to). Though of course CFIRs and MDLRs refer to several OBJDs each of which result in a seperate count of recolourable parts and mesh polys.

Why don't we work on doing it per actual OBJD IID for now, then cloner can probably group those under a CFIR easily enough when it comes to displaying them. It doesn't have to dig deeper than the catalog resource itself to group them, and it is already opening the catalog resource. So as you click on each object, cloner can immediately cross-refer to the list and display results on a dedicated tab, for those objects we have included in the list.

Alchemist
#43 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 4:09 AM
"...Why don't we work on doing it per actual OBJD IID for now..."

snicker...speak English Inge. *** do you mean by this? Some of "Us" little people don't understand the programmerati-speak you're using. Being able to talk to the user is important.

Has anyone else noticed this at the bottom of the page?..."www.modthesims.info powered by black lace boyshorts and a light pink bra with ruffles "

I'd think they've been raidin' my underwear drawer...but my unmentionables generally match...I'm anal that way Fess up y'all...who donated the garments?

OM
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#44 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 4:22 AM
Alchemist
#45 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 4:29 AM
My point exactly.
OM
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
#46 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 4:35 AM
Alchemist
#47 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 4:40 AM Last edited by orangemittens : 1st Nov 2009 at 5:08 AM.
Well, to quote HT here the language, "seems to be an unnecessary complication since the aim is to give plain info, not further complicate the understanding."

If even in the planning we're having to refer to the Wiki I think this isn't going to meet that communication standard.

OM

edited to add:

OMG...MTS changed it's underwear! Now it's " www.modthesims.info powered by navy blue panties with little rhinestones on the hip and a black lacy bra top thing"

I think they need to consult a female person on this...men can't coordinate lingerie for anything.

Ok...I have to edit one last time because this one is sweet:

"sheer pink boyshorts and a hot pink and black lace totally hot bra"

A totally hot bra is definitely the look that's wanted.
#48 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 8:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by orangemittens
snicker...speak English Inge. *** do you mean by this? Some of "Us" little people don't understand the programmerati-speak you're using. Being able to talk to the user is important.

In another thread when I explained something to you "in English", you complained I seemed to be talking down to you and you already knew it all.

I'll let you complete this task in the style of communication that suits you best. If S3OC can use the list when it's completed we will try to do so, if not we won't.

Alchemist
#49 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 10:10 AM
Oh Inge, now you're sounding all mad and I was just kidding with you.

I'm not sure what thread you're talking about. As far as I can tell we've spoken in 2 threads prior to this one. In the first of those you encouraged me to update my S3PE and I laughed at myself because I couldn't even be sure when I last had and in the second I let you know about a little problem the new S3PE was causing PSP and again I was pretty much joking around through that thread.

In any case, I'm not finding anywhere where I accused you of talking down to me or where I claimed to know it all and I apologize if you interpreted my English as suggesting such things.

No one wants you to pack up your toys and storm out of the sandbox in a huff Inge. So please stay. You're more of an asset to the project than I am so if me posting about it is offending you I won't post in this thread anymore.

OM
Inventor
#50 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 10:25 AM
OBJD IID, is OBJD Instance number?

I have added the names from the cloner to the Objects lists. (not walls/floors ed)
Do not know how you are picking your objects, but I get my ideas when I am in the game, and want to know how the funny in game names translate to the objectname to clone with s3oc.
Now I am not sure how to continue and if nessecairy?
Attached files:
File Type: zip  ObjectLists+Clonerlist 1november2009.zip (28.3 KB, 15 downloads) - View custom content
Page 2 of 3