Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#76 Old 22nd May 2007 at 3:06 AM
Default Housewarming
Happy to see people are still reading I've had some serious issues with the game ie: crashing, not opening at all. It took me a full day following a tut to rectify the problem but before that i thought it may have been the lot so i moved them out and built a new one..anyway...fingers crossed it's all fixed and back to normal...also i forgot to change camera settings so the pics for this chapter will be smaller than usual...sorry

We found our house to be too much to look after so we moved, yet again, into a smaller, more comfortable house. Smaller than the last house but bigger than our previous houses. This one is just right and it’s on a large lot so there’s room to extend if we need to.

So anyway I was determined to have my housewarming party so I called up some friends and neighbours and we fired up the BBQ.
I also bought this game called ‘Myshuno’. There wasn’t a whole lot of games to choose from, from the catalogue. Mainly 2 player board games and darts pffft, fun. Myshuno was basically the only game for more than 2 players and from the look of it it’s just an alternative version of bingo.
Turned out to be a huge hit with my guests!

While we were playing I caught April’s husband Pheonix perving on me. I brushed it off to begin with. No-one else seemed to notice.

It became a bit hard to ignore when he was near me ALL the time though. I couldn’t get away from him and he kept staring at me. I looked around for April but she had disappeared.

Then wouldn’t you know it! The ‘neighbours’ came to welcome us to the neighbourhood. I completely forgot about that. Dave would have to cook another batch of hotdogs.
At least they would save me from Pheonix.

Nope!
Straight to the bingo game!!
OMG! The didn’t even come over to say hello! Or even ask!!!
Even Pheonix couldn’t believe it. ‘Um, Do you know them’ He asked.

I caught the expression on Dave’s face. I almost spat my drink out trying not to laugh.

I managed to find April. She had gone home! No explanation but I did manage to coax her into coming back. Pheonix left as she arrived. I wonder if there’s trouble with their marriage?

I began to relax and everyone was having a good time. The gate crashes stayed the entire time and Suzanne was in awe of the fruit punch.

So much so that she stopped using the cups provided and went straight for the tap. I wonder if they put the same thing in the punch that they put in the coffee?

Toby spent most of the day doing not much but stand around trying to look pretty I suppose. And what’s this all about??

Trying to tell me it's a Cool party maybe? Or maybe she thinks she's just cool? hahaha

By the end of the day I got almost everyone into the pool. I locked the doors to our house though so I hope no-one pee’d in it.

By the time everyone left there were enough paper cups strewn over the yard to fill 2 garbage bags. Maybe etiquette is something that could be taught in this town. Dave and I spent a whole hour picking them all up.

We did have a great day today but I would have to say I have seen enough fluorescent swimwear to last me a lifetime!
Advertisement
#77 Old 22nd May 2007 at 6:55 AM
Lol fluorescent swimwear lol. Great job on the update!
Instructor
#78 Old 22nd May 2007 at 10:24 AM
Hahaha! Poor Em, what with Phoenix, the invading neighbours and all those cups... great update! :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#79 Old 22nd May 2007 at 2:04 PM
Yeah, and she still kept her spirits up
Thanks for the compliments...need to spend another day eliminating CC from my DL folder ...it's still too heavy lol
Field Researcher
#80 Old 22nd May 2007 at 2:23 PM
This story is soooo much fun to read. Great job!
#81 Old 23rd May 2007 at 10:37 PM
I haven't post for a long time on here! But this is a/these are great, great update[s]
Theorist
#82 Old 23rd May 2007 at 11:32 PM
Lol, I was wondering if you were going to talk about Myshuno. Sims are just as addicted to that as their coffee! I wonder how Em and Dave teaching etiquette would work out, that's not a bad idea.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#83 Old 25th May 2007 at 2:49 PM
Thanks
I've moved and sorted out some of my folder and hopefully the game will run a bit smoother, atm it's moving in steps/jolts and it's doing my head in.It's not giving me the chance to watch what they're doing. I will play over the weekend so should have some updates in 2 days
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 25th May 2007 at 5:43 PM
haha, great update.....funny pool party!....
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 25th May 2007 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by starwyn
Happy to see people are still reading

Popping in to say I am still reading. I really do look forward to your updates. Such funny, cute characters. :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#86 Old 26th May 2007 at 2:07 PM
Thanks Jen
Thanks Ellie (is it?) I appreciate you telling me that, good to know i still have readers...otherwise there'd really be no point lol

I have another chapter written with pics, just need to do the back and forth dance and post them on here which i will do in the morning, until then ... night night
Forum Resident
#87 Old 26th May 2007 at 2:41 PM
This is a really good story starwyn. I really like it, very original. I love all the references to stupid sim things like the paper cups. An hour to pick them up, that's awful. And those dumb dogs digging up the yard no matter where she lives, I feel sorry for Em. Her and Dave make a good couple.
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 26th May 2007 at 3:41 PM
starwyn this is a great story!! I love reading your stuff LOL I thought that Dave looked a bit like Dave Nevarro the famous guitar player at the beginning....and then I found out his name was Dave and had a good laugh

I really love this story and can't wait to read the next bit You really have a gift
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#89 Old 27th May 2007 at 1:58 AM
Default Not so lonely
One of the things I liked about this house was that down in the back corner there was a little greenhouse which I planted some tomatoes in. Like I said before, I have a black thumb so we’ll have to see how that goes.
On the other side of the yard are some fruit trees which will come in handy with all these colds I keep getting.
I have the day off so I’m spraying them for bugs, they’re looking a bit unhealthy.
Gulp!
Is that a skunk??

I'm not familiar with these animals but I’ve heard bad, smelly, things. I’m going inside.
Quickly

*sigh* God I’m so bored. It’s so quiet and lonely when Dave’s at work. At least he’s only doing gigs on Friday nights now, but still, some company would be nice. Maybe when he gets home we can go to the pet shop.

Oh look how they keep them. Poor things cooped up in a box, barely enough room for them to stand!

I walked over to where an Alsatian? ( i forgot the breed) was kept. ‘She’s beautiful isn’t she’ Dave said as he walked up next to me.

She sure is but where are the puppies?

The girl at the counter informed me the only way to get a puppy was to breed them ourselves as they don’t sell them!

Well that’s bloody annoying! I really wanted a puppy.

Dave put his arm around me and assured me it was no big deal and that we could buy 2 dogs and breed them.

Two dogs! How would I manage 2 of them!?

But one look into their big doe eyes and I was a goner…I wanted to take them all home.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#90 Old 27th May 2007 at 2:02 AM
Default Bringing home the dogs
Getting 2 big boisterous dogs who had been trapped in a cage for god knows how long and into the car was fun-not. The female jumped directly into the front seat with me and poor Dave had to sit in the back with the other one. It was a relief when we got them home.

The first thing we did was take them for a long much needed walk.
Then fetch…
..and razzle…
and….an early night for us I think…

Dave checked to see they were ok before joining me in bed. They looked happy and content he said as he got under the covers.

Dave was so excited he was like a first time parent lol
We had fun with them today but they really wore us out.
We must have really worn them out too, I can already hear one of them snoring..

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#91 Old 27th May 2007 at 2:10 AM
Default Adjusting
Busting busting busting

Ahhhhh that feels sooo much better

I wonder what these dogs are up to…
what is that…
oh no

‘Did you do this’ I yelled at the male who was looking sheepish.
Just what I need first thing in the morning, dog pee between my toes. Good thing I haven’t had my shower yet but breakfast would have been nice first…oh well…they’re probably feeling scared and unsure of their surroundings. Hopefully it won’t happen again…

What the…?

Noooooo
Come on, outside, OUTSIDE!

Great, now they’re going to be scared of me.

Maybe having them inside isn’t such a good idea.
Theorist
#92 Old 27th May 2007 at 4:27 AM
Oh boy...I hope Em can have those dogs housebroken!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#93 Old 27th May 2007 at 8:46 AM
me too captain, unfortunately these things take time
Does anyone happen to know how you actually BREED dogs? I can't find any sort of interaction for it?
Forum Resident
#94 Old 27th May 2007 at 10:41 AM
Great new updates! Im not sure how to actually breed the dogs, I think there should be an interaction when the dogs have a high enough relationship with each other.
Lab Assistant
#95 Old 27th May 2007 at 10:43 AM
This should explain how to breed them
I hope she has better luck housetraining them than I have with my sim-pets lol -_-''

My name is Loren.
Instructor
#96 Old 27th May 2007 at 11:33 AM
Hee! Aw, the dogs are sweet. Do they have names? Poor Em! Great update, can't wait for more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#97 Old 27th May 2007 at 1:22 PM
Well i just figured out why i don't get the the breed interaction...They're both female!! LOL God Damn It! Next question: Anyone know a way to change an sim-animals sex?? I can't believe it!

Thanks for the tips tho, they'd be very handy if i didn't have 2 females...i was wondering why the 'male' was peeing like a girl LOL I was even going to mention it in the story lmao, god i'm sooo stupid...I'll blame it on the Pet store
#98 Old 27th May 2007 at 4:29 PM
lol this could get funny (great update i want to hear more)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#99 Old 28th May 2007 at 5:07 AM
Default Gender Error
We’ve named the dogs Ariel and Rekus and we’ve been keen to start them breeding until we discovered they are both female!

Not sure if it was our screw up or the pet stores but either way it looks as though we’ll have to take one of them back.
I have had to work everyday since we brought them home but Dave’s had a few days off and has been bonding with them which could make the decision difficult.

Dave had dinner in the oven by the time I arrived home from work ( yes I know I’m a lucky woman) He also had one of his mates Steve over.
‘Standing in the bedroom watching our Plasma again, I suppose?’ I asked. Dave shrugs and say’s he’s harmless, and no he doesn’t lay on our bed.
He knows me too well.

‘Actually, he’s outside playing with the dogs’

I called Steve inside and we sat down to eat.
Steve isn’t so bad. I think he’s just lonely. He often talks about finding love…I wonder if there’s someone I could set him up with.

Dave filled me in on his day telling me how he bathed the dogs and took them both for a walk and every time the phone rang Rekus would stand under it and bark.

‘Hey is your dog peeing on the floor?’

No not again!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#100 Old 28th May 2007 at 5:15 AM
Default National Underwear Day
Now it’s my turn to do summer camp, and it’s not even summer!
I’m up early this morning so I decide I’ll cook breakfast. I always make a mess so I’ll shower and change after we’ve eaten.

Dave wakes up and goes straight to the fridge.
‘What have I told you about drinking from the carton?’

Dave laughs and says I have eyes in the back of my head as he puts the milk back in the fridge and heads to the bathroom.

‘Now that’s what I like to see! My gorgeous girl in the kitchen, cooking my breakfast in her underwear…you’re going to make me a very happy man’

Great! Now I’ve burnt the omelets.

Dave comes out, still in his undies and says if I’m gonna start the day in my undies then so is he. Even better, he says, we should make one day a week, undies day and spend the entire day in them.

I laugh at him as he flexes and joke that the dogs might mistake his chicken legs for food and eat them.

I bend down to give Ariel a belly rub before I leave for work. I’ve missed the carpool so I’ll have to take our car.
Dave is still eating the burnt omelet I cooked him. I tell him he doesn’t have to but he insists they’re fine.
They’re not!

Look at me, back in uniform again only this time I really do look like a school teacher.

I hope Dave doesn’t stay in his undies all day. What if someone comes over?!?!
Page 4 of 62