Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Sep 2017 at 1:38 PM
Default The Shadow Over Newcrest Challenge

Hello everyone! I'm Rendora. I'm new to this forum, but I wanted some place to put this massive City Building / Kid Raising challenge I've been cooking up, as well as documenting my progress. It's inspired by H. P. Lovecraft's "The Shadow Over Innsmouth," and revolves around creating an eerie neighborhood, then slowly populating it with the offspring of a single occult-type sim. So, if you'll bear with me, this challenge has a couple phases.

PHASE 1: Building Up Newcrest
- Buildings must be created in a "traditional" style. The more disheveled or abandoned looking, the better.
- Modern technology must be kept to a minimum. Light bulbs are okay, but no TVs, dishwashers, or computers. ( For writer sims, I suggest the typewriter found here: http://modthesims.info/d/557259 )
- There can be as many homes as desired, but the town must have the following community lots:
  • A Library
  • An Inn
  • A General Store
  • A Church Dedicated to the Old Ones
I hope to, one day, post the completed map here so others can play along if they wish.

PHASE 2: Fill the Town With Normal Sims
- Fill the town with non-occult sims.
- Delete every sim that doesn't live in Newcrest (this is to keep the town more insular and prevent outsiders from walking in.)
- Turn off story progression.
- Turn off aging (see below).
- (Recommended) Turn off culling.

PHASE 3: Creating Your Sim!
- Make either an Alien or Vampire sim. I will henceforth call this individual "The Progenitor." They can be either male or female, but they must have the following:
  • At least one unusual facial feature that can be seen in their "human" form. This cannot be eye, hair, or skin color. Hairstyles also don't count.
  • A very distinct Dark or Alien form
  • The Serial Romantic aspiration.

PHASE 4: The Challenge! (Inspired by the Alien Takeover Challenge, found here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/di...eover-challenge)
The goal of the challenge (if you've made it this far) is to fill the world of Newcrest with your progeny. The Old Ones are counting on you to succeed, which cannot happen if you are discovered. As your mission is incredibly important, they have blessed you with an unlimited lifespan, so long as you do not fail. Failure means death.

SECTION ONE: Location
- Furthermore, you cannot leave the town of Newcrest. The Old Ones won't allow it.
- You may not have a career unless it allows you to work from home, although you may own the general store.
- You may live in any lot in Newcrest you wish using the freerealestate on code, but you may not use cheats thereafter.

SECTION TWO: Spouses
- You must marry the parent of your offspring.
- You may only reproduce with them once.
- You may have several spouses, but not at the same time.
- Your spouse may not leave your property.
- You may not divorce your spouse. The Old Ones are sticklers for tradition that way.
- Unfortunate accidents tend to occur shortly after a childe is born.
- It is only natural that the deceased would want you to inherit their possessions.
- In the event of a spouse's death, the Old Ones allow 48 hours for you to remarry.

SECTION THREE: Parenthood
- Childer of the Old Ones mature in strange and unexpected ways. They do not age as mortals do, but as they deem worthy of advancement.
- You must raise each of your offspring.
- Babies may be aged up immediately.
- Toddlers may age up when they have mastered all the Toddler skills.
- Children may age up when they have achieved an "A" in school, plus any of the childhood aspirations.
- The Old Ones would prefer that they achieve them all, but they understand that this may be too tedious to accomplish.
- Teenagers may age up when they master any of the character traits.
- You may change your childer's outfits, but you may not do a full edit in CAS.

SECTION FOUR: Win and Lose Conditions
You have lost when:
  • You have been discovered by anyone who is not your spouse.
  • Your spouse escapes (i.e., leaves the home lot.)
Any of the above result in instantaneous death. The Old Ones do not tolerate failure.
You have won when:
  • All potential partners have been mated with
  • All your childer are aged up to Young Adult

SECTION 5: Additional Information
Childer are allowed to know their parent's true nature.
Vampire-Specific Rules
  • The Progenitor must feed on sims to replenish thirst. No plasma fruit or blood packs allowed!
  • Vampire teens may leave school, as the sunlight is detrimental to their health.
  • Vampire childer may feed on plasma fruit or blood packs.
  • Vampires cannot feed on their blood relatives.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 2:21 PM
This seems like a really cool challenge, I will try this sometime(soon)
Test Subject
#3 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 7:10 PM
I love this idea, but I only have the base game right now. Subscribing to the thread, though, for future reference =)
Test Subject
#4 Old 29th Sep 2017 at 10:39 PM
Im boutta play this its really interesting and original thanks for posting!