Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 1:20 PM
Default No "stuck between elevator doors" fail?
So this was funny the first time. The second time, not so much. The fifth time, it got annoying. And by the tenth time, I realized why I fucking hate this game.
Now, since I actually have myself on record saying I'd mod that the hell out, I guess I'll have to. But Google is being a bitch today and it's giving me no useful results. So....

Thanks

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 3:35 PM
The first time I saw that failure, not only was the sim caught in the doors very pregnant but they had just gone into labor. They weren't harmed at all and still made it to the hospital in plenty of time, but I was not amused.

The Chance for Elevator Door Failure can be reached and adjusted, down to 0 if wanted, by using NRaas Retuner for those so inclined.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 8:12 PM Last edited by GrijzePilion : 13th Jan 2018 at 8:44 PM.
So it's just another value in Retuner? Guess I'll have to take a look. You'd think that in a society that has a space program, they could make elevator doors reliable enough for daily use.
I mean, come on, it's 2017 2018 1988, not 1817 1818 1888. Though on the other hand, the space program has really taken a hit over the last 30 years, so maybe the collapse of the Soviet Union was also detrimental to the elevator door industry.
So assuming Retuner works on world-by-world basis, I think I'll be a little more lenient in the '17 world than in the '88 one.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 12:18 AM
The settings are in the tuning file for elevators. The chance for the last Sim to exit to get stuck between the closing doors is set to 0.1. The comments mention that the range is 0-1. I have made my own mod a few months ago and set the value to 0.025. So it still happens but now very rarely so.
But I guess you could set it to 0 and disable the exit fail completely.