Welcome to
Mod The Sims
Online: 1085
News:
Have an account? Sign in:
pass:
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
Reply  Replies: 2912 (Who?), Viewed: 156643 times.
Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2018, 4:29 PM #2901
Goldbear
Lab Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
STAHHP! I find some of the comments funny, but really?

I didn't hang around on sims forums when TS3 came out, so I can't say if this was a thing or not. Did people spend their time trying to see what was in a fuzzy picture? I actually hated TS3 when it first came out. There is some trivia for the day.

Speculation of possible new TS4 pack

I don't remember it no. That said communication was handled differently then.

But then I don't think there was as many people who are clearly bored as there is now with the game.
Old 3rd May 2018, 8:16 PM #2902
thevogel
Field Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
STAHHP! I find some of the comments funny, but really?

I didn't hang around on sims forums when TS3 came out, so I can't say if this was a thing or not. Did people spend their time trying to see what was in a fuzzy picture? I actually hated TS3 when it first came out. There is some trivia for the day.

Speculation of possible new TS4 pack

I didn't spend a lot of time on the forums when TS3 was out cause I was busy playing it. I have no idea what that stupid picture is.....maybe it's just leftover concept art from the development of TS4....they had released a bunch of those concept art photos right before the game launched. Of course nothing in TS4 looks like the concept art...if it did...it would actually be worth playing.

(I've edited my comments here like 5 times... I guess my brain is numb from all the speculation and I can't seem to convey a clear thought )
Last edited by thevogel : 3rd May 2018 at 10:57 PM.
Old 3rd May 2018, 8:46 PM #2903
legacyoffailures
Lab Assistant

tbh I like the laundry gameplay in The Sims 3 the most. there are animations when sims do interactions like opening/closing the machines, adding the detergent, sims will sniff at the clothes after taking out from the dryer. also once in a while the laundry get stuck in the washer and sims will have that wet buff. the pristine clothing buff lasts longer and if sims upgrade the washer, the buff will last 24 hours. there are the cheap and expensive machines, the cheap ones make some noise and sims will close their ears while the expensive ones wash and dry the clothes faster. You can build a laundromat so that other sims can do laundry.

Laundry Day Stuff costs 10 bucks yet it's a crap. cannot build laundromat, the buff lasts like 4 hours (for real), the animations were poorly made, only 1 type of washer and dryer and they really have so low polygons. Glad I didn't buy it since my sister gave it to me as a gift.

All the hoods are merely the same, so I made ones where all the Sims aren't straight.
Old 3rd May 2018, 8:49 PM #2904
SusannaG
Top Secret Researcher

I don't see how anybody can tell anything from that very blurry picture. Maybe it IS a chairs pack!
Old 3rd May 2018, 10:07 PM #2905
ryuusei86
Field Researcher

1 Achievements

If there isn't at very least a toilet that both talks AND sings, I want no part of it.
Old 3rd May 2018, 10:37 PM #2906
Goldbear
Lab Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by legacyoffailures
tbh I like the laundry gameplay in The Sims 3 the most. there are animations when sims do interactions like opening/closing the machines, adding the detergent, sims will sniff at the clothes after taking out from the dryer. also once in a while the laundry get stuck in the washer and sims will have that wet buff. the pristine clothing buff lasts longer and if sims upgrade the washer, the buff will last 24 hours. there are the cheap and expensive machines, the cheap ones make some noise and sims will close their ears while the expensive ones wash and dry the clothes faster. You can build a laundromat so that other sims can do laundry.

Laundry Day Stuff costs 10 bucks yet it's a crap. cannot build laundromat, the buff lasts like 4 hours (for real), the animations were poorly made, only 1 type of washer and dryer and they really have so low polygons. Glad I didn't buy it since my sister gave it to me as a gift.

Exactly. Not to mention buffs in the sims 4 change like the weather and the laundry Ones don't make sense - playful for clean laundry?!
Old 4th May 2018, 11:43 AM #2907
SneakyWingPhoenix
Theorist

Sigh...
Old 4th May 2018, 11:58 AM #2908
Inge Jones
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse

20 Achievements

Well I would have expected that to be removed, but on the grounds of "gossip about EA colleagues" rather than sexual connotation

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Old 4th May 2018, 2:45 PM #2909
Goldbear
Lab Assistant

oh my god. Thanks for the laugh. Not surprised sadly it got removed.
Old 4th May 2018, 4:44 PM #2910
SneakyWingPhoenix
Theorist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inge Jones
Well I would have expected that to be removed, but on the grounds of "gossip about EA colleagues" rather than sexual connotation

On a side note, why isn't "fetish" word filtered as plum?
Old 4th May 2018, 5:33 PM #2911
lil bag2
Mad Poster

2 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix

Sigh...

So we can say "fetish" on the official forum but not "BS" (not the word, the actual fucking letters)

The Receptacle still lives!
Old 4th May 2018, 7:09 PM #2912
Gargoyle Cat
Theorist

1 Achievements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix

Sigh...

What did you expect? They changed the insane trait to erratic, but left the icon showing a straight jacket. If we don't talk about it, nobody will know. Shhh!

There's no rest for the wicked
Electronic Arts- Can't spell steal without EA. ~ Mike Murphree~
Old 4th May 2018, 8:46 PM #2913
legacyoffailures
Lab Assistant

I thought the insane trait would make sims do some animations that were supposed to be specifically for that trait like the sims 3, but meh.

Also in the Sims 3, you can have a sim with mean spirited and good traits. In the sims 4 you can't.

All the hoods are merely the same, so I made ones where all the Sims aren't straight.

Section jump: